• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

32 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

No one has taken taken this thread anywhere, forward or back. We have gone in circles since this issue started and I see no real reason to continue other that to irritate you further by asking you questions.

If you have scriptures for me, that will support your ideals then I will entertain them. If not then I wish you well with all your endeavors.

I said I didn't want to take it backwards but to your point, what irritates me is people asking questions, getting answers, and then continuing to ask the same questions hoping for different answers.  Basically Einstein said that's the definition of insanity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 minutes ago, StanJ said:

truth is absolute just as God is absolute... there's nothing philosophical about it.  if one doesn't learn to recognize the different types of grammar in Scripture then one will never know what scriptures saying to them but it is always objective. People make it subjective.

Truth is not absolute. It never has been and never will be. You are talking about Subjective Truth when you speak about the Bible because no one person sees the same truth in it. This is quite evident in just about every thread that has ever been about religion. It is evident here, when you claim understanding of something with the same veal as the person you are arguing against.  Does that mean anyone is better at being a Christian, no. It means that for the time being the truth of what is written in the Bible has lead you to the mindset that you retain today. That doesn't mean that further reading will reveal a better understanding of scripture and in gaining that understanding That which you once accepted as truth will change to fit your new understanding.

If you fail at this then you fail to learn and subsequetly you will fail as a Christian because what you preach will not reflect what is written in the Bible, but what is imprinted in your head and that is what you will call The Truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

13 minutes ago, StanJ said:

I said I didn't want to take it backwards but to your point, what irritates me is people asking questions, getting answers, and then continuing to ask the same questions hoping for different answers.  Basically Einstein said that's the definition of insanity.

Did you read where I asked you for scriptures that will support your ideals. We can continue from there, but nowhere else.I'm sorry, but I will have to stand my ground on this. I will not  take another step or post any post  discussing anything else in this thread beyond the scriptures .

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, Churchmouse said:

Truth is a philosophical ideal....
When has it ever been objective....

:emot-heartbeat:

Truth Is A Person

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

And The Objective Reason For All Of Creation

“You are worthy, our Lord and Our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you have created all things, and by your pleasure they exist and were created.” Revelation 4:11 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, StanJ said:

not my call, I didn't start it.

But you hijacked it.

• Group:  Advanced Member

54 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Truth is not absolute. It never has been and never will be. You are talking about Subjective Truth when you speak about the Bible because no one person sees the same truth in it. This is quite evident in just about every thread that has ever been about religion. It is evident here, when you claim understanding of something with the same veal as the person you are arguing against.  Does that mean anyone is better at being a Christian, no. It means that for the time being the truth of what is written in the Bible has lead you to the mindset that you retain today. That doesn't mean that further reading will reveal a better understanding of scripture and in gaining that understanding That which you once accepted as truth will change to fit your new understanding.

If you fail at this then you fail to learn and subsequetly you will fail as a Christian because what you preach will not reflect what is written in the Bible, but what is imprinted in your head and that is what you will call The Truth.

truth is definitely absolute and if you don't believe that we really have nothing to discuss.

John 14:6 is absolute truth, as  is Jesus.  God's written word is absolute truth despite what you may or may not understand about it. John 8:32 is absolute.  If people couldn't identify absolute truth then Jesus wouldn't have been the absolute truth but we can,  which is why he is.

13 minutes ago, nebula said:

But you hijacked it.

and of course you had nothing to do with that.  you're quite good at casting blame while not accepting any.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, StanJ said:

that's right the Holy Spirit does use man to teach but that still doesn't mean that the people hearing it will accept the truth just as the Holy Spirit uses God's word to teach and yet many people read God's word and still don't see the truth in it. I'm not criticizing people that teach I'm criticizing those that learn only from men and never from God and his word.  I was indeed a product of human teaching in my early years as a Christian but just as Hebrews indicates, I moved on to maturity and didn't need that same teaching over and over again.

No, what I am getting from you is that if I don't accept your view, it's because I am listening to men's teachings, whereas you apparently are not taught by men but get everything you believe directly from the Holy Spirit, by passing the human element altogether.   That is what you were implying in your last response.   You can't really defend your position, but simply pretend that those who disagree with you are just not spiritual enough to see what you see.   And you assume that disagreeing with you is tantamount to disagreeing with God and everyone else is just too immature spiritually.   You put yourself up as more spiritually mature and it is really nothing more that arrogance.   And in case you haven't noticed, no one is buying the pig slop you are trying push over on them.

You know God is not impassible because of what the Bible says and yet you use what the Bible says about other emotions regarding God to say they're anthropomorphic and not literal.

No, that is not true.  What's anthropomorphic is the notion that God needs to repent of something He did, as if He didn't know that something we do would happen.  It implies that God is admitting to making a mistake.   He is said to be "sorry" that He made man.   On human terms, when we are sorry we did something, it means that we view our action as a mistake and we would not have committed that action had we known what the outcome would be.    God is incapable of such.   God doesn't make mistakes, so He cannot be, literally, "sorry" for what He did, in making man.   The grief he felt was not anthropomorphic. It was the notion of being "sorry" that was anthropomorphic in an attempt to express the level of grief he was feeling.

It must be nice to flip flop so easily between what you will and will not accept?  

I am not flip flopping.  You're just not theologically equipped to address this topic, properly.

We only have your word as to whether or not these men were or were not anointed.  Very clear that you don't agree with anything I say so why don't we just agree to disagree and you stop wasting my time?  oh nevermind I'll just put you on ignore and then I won't have to waste anymore of my time.

The stuff you promote on this board is really just false teaching.   If you want to put me on ignore, that's up to you. I don't really care. Ignore me like you ignore Nebula.  My purpose is to blunt what you say, to make sure no one is influenced to accept your position.  By not responding to me, it only serves to make that purpose easier.   So by all means, put me on ignore.  I will continue to respond to you, unabated.

Besides, you're the one who hi-jacked this thread to promote the false teaching that God doesn't hate divorce.  You should just exit the thread altogether and not take this thread so far afield.

53 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Did you read where I asked you for scriptures that will support your ideals. We can continue from there, but nowhere else.I'm sorry, but I will have to stand my ground on this. I will not  take another step or post any post  discussing anything else in this thread beyond the scriptures .

You can start with Numbers 23:19. 

Meanwhile do you accept Luke 14:26?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, StanJ said:

and of course you had nothing to do with that.  you're quite good at casting blame while not accepting any.

You are the one who hi-jacked the thread.  There is no one else responsible for that, but you.