• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

6 hours ago, StanJ said:

truth is definitely absolute and if you don't believe that we really have nothing to discuss.

John 14:6 is absolute truth, as  is Jesus.  God's written word is absolute truth despite what you may or may not understand about it. John 8:32 is absolute.  If people couldn't identify absolute truth then Jesus wouldn't have been the absolute truth but we can,  which is why he is.

The reality that God is absolute truth is different from the idea that truth is absolute. There is only one God and through him we will know the truth, but since you completely ignored everything I stated and substituted this scripture, which by the way is the only scripture that you have submitted, even after I had asked numerous times for you to submit any scripture supporting your take on Gods impassibility, then I am quite aware of the truth about you.

God is universal truth. We are not God and as such our understanding of God and of anything else is subject to interpretation. Interpretation is perception and to our minute little brains perception is reality. reality to our limited understanding is Truth. We have found that Truth, in the pages of the Bible, but as you can plainly see some of us interpret those pages differently as you have, by submitting this idea that God is impassable.  I am still waiting for you to come up with them, but as I see you've grasp upon my post as a life preserver and have once again failed to produce anything from the Bible to support your claims. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 hours ago, StanJ said:

You can start with Numbers 23:19. 

Meanwhile do you accept Luke 14:26?

I believe in all scriptures, but not in the interpretations of others. You claim that God isn't effected by emotions.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

This does not address what you have stated.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

This has even less to do with your claims. It has to do with complete obedience to God.

I asked for specific scripture and you've submitted random scripture.

4 hours ago, StanJ said:

Nice link.  Association of REFORMED baptist churches of America. What does the term reformed mean in the naming of this group.  Is it a restructuring of what it is to be a Baptist or is it yet another attempt at making religion more stylish and hip, to make Christianity more appealing to the secular world?  The Bible, as I've read it has not changed  since it was put down on paper.  This is what I use and I don't need another link to a quote/unquote Reformed/Altered church group, to interpret scripture.

Do you have any scripture to support your claims or not. If you have then I will welcome them. If not then I would agree with your assessment that we have nothing further to discuss.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275