Obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How can you tell that you have disappointed the Holy Spirit?

• I feel troubled in my spirit.
    • I don't feel His presence in worship.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

I must say, that despite the fact that the Holy Spirit already knows what we are capable of...I can't help but feel hurt as well. All kinds of thoughts come to mind; I wonder about the look on His face etc. We're still human beings, I'm telling you the truth that though He knows what I'll do before I do it...I still am cut deep inside :( - The power of conviction...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  67
  • Birthday:  12/03/1959

14 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

I must say, that despite the fact that the Holy Spirit already knows what we are capable of...I can't help but feel hurt as well. All kinds of thoughts come to mind; I wonder about the look on His face etc. We're still human beings, I'm telling you the truth that though He knows what I'll do before I do it...I still am cut deep inside :( - The power of conviction...

nice darling, but direct it personally to me, then I feel touched...still I see that there is still hope for the caribbean :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  60
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

6 minutes ago, dservant said:

nice darling, but direct it personally to me, then I feel touched...still I see that there is still hope for the caribbean :)

I'm cracking up just now...hahaha...."direct it personally to me"...ok will do going forward :).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

Hi Sharnadeen,

I agree, as I am also very sorry, especially as I grow more aware of areas. However I am very thankful that that area is being highlighted so I can work with the Holy Spirit to overcome.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 12/4/2016 at 6:35 AM, eileenhat said:

Someone mentioned that we have to ascertain the certainity (validity/identity) of the Holy Spirit.

It is a viewpoint that we have to be able to recognize it.

I never had any issue.

So not everyone has this idea (that there is any issue with validity).

It always has been there, very strong in my life (as I was saved very young....though that may be different than what is acknowledged as possible).

There will always be a check in Your.. spirit if it is not from the Holy Spirit.  If what you are hearing does not match with scripture or you are confused as God is not the  god of confusion,  you can bet it is from the the evil one.   

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

9 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Again, never had a check in my spirit.

Not everyone has Holy Spirit issues.

I am not even clear if people know if they have the Holy Spirit or not.

It isn't anything that is obvious.

Typically. if the person incites arguments, etc., I figure they are testing it or have none of it.

But it isn't up to me to judge them, merely point out the argumentativeness and pray for their redemption.

If you are saved you have the Holy Spirit and if you are open to His voice you will hear it when something isn't right.  I promise you my sister you have the Holy Spirit, just listen...

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

In Ephesians 4:30 Christians are addressed as to how the Holy Spirit can be grieved.

The Spirit can feel sorrow, with our continuing on in sins, the very sins that Christ died for.
The Spirit would not have us continue in lying, bitterness, wrath, ungodly anger, noisy clamoring, evil speaking, wanting to spitefully hurt others for no cause (malice) or any other sin.

As we grow and have been taught in Christ, if we do not walk in that which we have grown, instead relying on that old sinful carnal mind, the Holy Spirit is indeed grieved.

We are to put off the "old man" and put on the "new man" in Christ. Renew the " spirit of the mind" with God's Word.

In that renewed mind, look to pick up our cross daily, and draw upon His Word instead of carnal mind of the past.
Learning to be kind, tenderhearted, and forgiving each other as we have been forgiven in Christ!

Ephesians 4:20-32
(20)  But ye have not so learned Christ;
(21)  If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22)  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(23)  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(24)  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
(25)  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
(26)  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
(27)  Neither give place to the devil.
(28)  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
(29)  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
(30)  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(31)  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
(32)  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Many times the Holy Spirit is attributed towards things well outside of the Bible, and towards a "jesus" that is not found within the Bible's context.
During times as such, it's just plain wrong, and has noting to do with the True Holy Spirit. I can't begin to tell folks here how many times I've heard "The spirit told me...."
I go on to inform them it was not the Holy Spirit, as I cannot find that anywhere in the Word, nor does it glorify Jesus Christ.

John 15:26  But when the Comforter (Holy Spirit) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, (Father God) even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of Me: (Jesus Christ, represented by the Word.)