Obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How can you tell that you have disappointed the Holy Spirit?

• I feel troubled in my spirit.
    • I don't feel His presence in worship.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Sharnadeen - very interesting and informative for i am fairly stubborn in my walk with God lol  i do experience a lot of turmoil but that could be the anxiety. so for me its would be about trying to discern what is the Holy Spirit and what is the anxiety. :mgdetective:

Hi mabel,

We can all be that - stubborn. it is the default position of the flesh - it wants what it wants when it wants. However....as we learn to listen & cooperate with God`s Holy Spirit, then we see the benefits & are much more eager to learn.

`I will instruct you & teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit & bridle else they will not come near you.` (Ps. 32: 8 & 9)

`Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart, and you will find rest fro your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.` (Matt. 11: 29 & 30)

I so love that - gentle & lowly of heart - rest for your souls - burden light. We so give ourselves a hard time, but God desires to teach us & He is very patient. I suggest the difference between your anxiety (etc) & God`s voice, nudging, is .......restless waves or calm - take some time to see which choice gives what result.

Marilyn.

Guest BacKaran

Hi Sharnadeen,

I agree with all that's been said and when I veer off that narrow path, I am in deed convicted!

Welcome!

Karan?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi mabel,

We can all be that - stubborn. it is the default position of the flesh - it wants what it wants when it wants. However....as we learn to listen & cooperate with God`s Holy Spirit, then we see the benefits & are much more eager to learn.

`I will instruct you & teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit & bridle else they will not come near you.` (Ps. 32: 8 & 9)

`Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly of heart, and you will find rest fro your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.` (Matt. 11: 29 & 30)

I so love that - gentle & lowly of heart - rest for your souls - burden light. We so give ourselves a hard time, but God desires to teach us & He is very patient. I suggest the difference between your anxiety (etc) & God`s voice, nudging, is .......restless waves or calm - take some time to see which choice gives what result.

Marilyn.

Excellent response Marilyn. Mabel - we all can relate to the weakness of the flesh but Thank God we have a humble and patient Teacher to show us the Way...

4 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Hi Sharnadeen,

I agree with all that's been said and when I veer off that narrow path, I am in deed convicted!

Welcome!

Karan?

Yup yup ....Conviction - it is so real!

Hi Sharnadeen,

I think it also needs to be brought out that there is a false Holy Spirit`s voice. It can come about in many ways. Recently I`ve seen that through the false move of God people are getting influenced by this false spirit. It`s voice is not like the Holy Spirit`s, it`s voice is demanding & wanting obedience pronto. People who are seeking more of God often get tricked by this & think that it is making them more like Christ when in fact it is making them robotic.

God desires us to use our minds, & not give them over to a voice that is trying to control them. It is called `passivity.` This means the person is becoming passive in their will & just `obeying` without thought.

Something to think about. Marilyn.

26 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Sharnadeen,

I think it also needs to be brought out that there is a false Holy Spirit`s voice. It can come about in many ways. Recently I`ve seen that through the false move of God people are getting influenced by this false spirit. It`s voice is not like the Holy Spirit`s, it`s voice is demanding & wanting obedience pronto. People who are seeking more of God often get tricked by this & think that it is making them more like Christ when in fact it is making them robotic.

God desires us to use our minds, & not give them over to a voice that is trying to control them. It is called `passivity.` This means the person is becoming passive in their will & just `obeying` without thought.

Something to think about. Marilyn.

Agreed Marilyn...We need discernment...That's why Paul the Apostle has placed so much emphasis on us leaving the carnal man behind and start living in the spirit. For if we do, it would be easier to discern these false (robotic) spirits....

Do you remember when the Lord passed by Elijah on the mountain after spending the night in the cave?...the bible says And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind split the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind, an earthquake came, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake, a fire came, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire, a still, small voice 1 Kings 19:11.

Right away we learn that not all the times when persons are on fire in the spirit; speaking in tongues and moving as though under the anointing that their spirits are true. Sometimes it is the person who speaks calmly and  quietly who is often times underestimated, that has a true spirit. Hence the reason why it is so important that we get to know the true spirit of God through the person of the Holy Spirit.

Sharnadeen...

21 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

Agreed Marilyn...We need discernment...That's why Paul the Apostle has placed so much emphasis on us leaving the carnal man behind and start living in the spirit. For if we do, it would be easier to discern these false (robotic) spirits....

Do you remember when the Lord passed by Elijah on the mountain after spending the night in the cave?...the bible says And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind split the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind, an earthquake came, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake, a fire came, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire, a still, small voice 1 Kings 19:11.

Right away we learn that not all the times when persons are on fire in the spirit; speaking in tongues and moving as though under the anointing that their spirits are true. Sometimes it is the person who speaks calmly and  quietly who is often times underestimated, that has a true spirit. Hence the reason why it is so important that we get to know the true spirit of God through the person of the Holy Spirit.

Sharnadeen...

That is very clear Sharnadeen, the `calm & quiet` voice, not the so called `fire.`

Marilyn.

After reading through all the posts I had to sit and ponder awhile (us old folks do that)

Lord knows me a lot better than I know myself ,He is aware that I am stubborn and set in my ways but am willing to change for the better but  its quick changes in some areas  and it's slower process in others

AS he works with me to help me  see where my ideas of right and wrong and his views are at odds  he doesn't condemn me or make me feel guilt, instead   it's all laid out in a way I can understand it

I may get told where I could have said or done something differently And its pointed out why it's wrong and am shown a better way but I honestly get praised for little things I do right more often.

little by little I am shown a new way of seeing things and how and why it's a better way

i am never really  pushed to do things it's like a gentle persistent nudge to go do or say something to someone.

IN some areas I am a lion and in others still a kitten. And he loves me as I am

1 hour ago, Brick said:

After reading through all the posts I had to sit and ponder awhile (us old folks do that)

Lord knows me a lot better than I know myself ,He is aware that I am stubborn and set in my ways but am willing to change for the better but  its quick changes in some areas  and it's slower process in others

AS he works with me to help me  see where my ideas of right and wrong and his views are at odds  he doesn't condemn me or make me feel guilt, instead   it's all laid out in a way I can understand it

I may get told where I could have said or done something differently And its pointed out why it's wrong and am shown a better way but I honestly get praised for little things I do right more often.

little by little I am shown a new way of seeing things and how and why it's a better way

i am never really  pushed to do things it's like a gentle persistent nudge to go do or say something to someone.

IN some areas I am a lion and in others still a kitten. And he loves me as I am

Brick, I must say that you're right. After-all He already knows our strengths and weaknesses but regardless of how fickle we can be, He loves us just the way we are.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:35 AM, eileenhat said:

Someone mentioned that we have to ascertain the certainity (validity/identity) of the Holy Spirit.

It is a viewpoint that we have to be able to recognize it.

I never had any issue.

So not everyone has this idea (that there is any issue with validity).

It always has been there, very strong in my life (as I was saved very young....though that may be different than what is acknowledged as possible).

Eileen, it is truly stated in the article you've posted above that one can distinguish between conscience and the voice of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit's words MUST be in line with the Word of God. Overtime this ability to identify the voice of the Holy Spirit grows to maturity to a point where its as if the Word itself is imprinted on our hearts and therefore each time that He speaks, our Spirit man detects Him right away :).

Sharnadeen...