forGod1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I consider myself Christian every other week. It's really terrible that I can't get a profession and move out of my parents because of my disease. It isn't my main problem, as I struggle to give up certain sins. I always feel paralyzed as I think to move towards Christ. It's like I can't get started. Any advice?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I think everyone struggles to give up certain sins. I, too, cannot work for health reasons, and the old "idle hands" adage certainly rings true. It can be a constant struggle...but living the life right is a constant struggle for all Christians.

I would advise you to not only pray for strength to resist temptation, but for a change in desire; ask God to also change your heart so you desire those things less. Ask Him to make you not okay with the sin. Ask Him to help you truly view them as sins in your own heart, not just recognizing them as sins because the Bible says so, if you get my meaning. In other words, sometimes we can resist committing a sin just because we fear the consequences, but deep down, we don't really view it as such a bad thing if we're honest about it. So ask not just for power to resist, but for a change in your very heart to take place, to be more aligned with God's view on sin.

God bless you in your journey! Praying for you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91

IF your situation precludes you fro keeping physically active, seek to occupy your mind with constructive thoughts.

As an aside, recent research indicates that in some respects mental activity can have some of the effects normally associated with physical activity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

You were born with a sin nature. We all have sinned, even us who have Christian homes and Satan will try to keep you from getting close to God. It sounds like that's what's happening to you right now. Matthew 26:41Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

When we accept Christ our sins are forgiven and remembered no more. Psalm 103:12. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Satan wants to keep reminding you of your sins so you feel guilty to come to God.

Jesus said to come to him as you are and he will set you free and give you joy.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 12/1/2016 at 5:46 PM, forGod1 said:

I consider myself Christian every other week. It's really terrible that I can't get a profession and move out of my parents because of my disease. It isn't my main problem, as I struggle to give up certain sins. I always feel paralyzed as I think to move towards Christ. It's like I can't get started. Any advice?

:emot-heartbeat:

Step

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." Romans 1:17 (New American Standard Bible)

By Step

Search me, God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. Psalms 139:23-24 (New Heart English Bible)

:emot-heartbeat: