Kelby

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've been a Christian for over a year now, but I feel as if I'm one of those who knows a lot about God, but doesn't really KNOW God. The Lord has helped me overcome so much in the past year. Sins that I was once a slave to are in my rear view. However, I feel like I don't trust the Lord as I should. I spend a lot of time in prayer throughout the day, but it just seems like something is missing. Sometimes I wonder if I have some other sin in my life that I haven't noticed yet that is damaging the relationship. 

I'm just curious for those that have been walking with the Lord for a long time, what is it like? Christ is nearly all I think about, he absolutely dominates my mind. It's especially telling to me, because a couple years ago I felt nothing for God. 

Guest BacKaran

Hi and welcome!

Good question. I have learned that my feelings come and go but my soul is firmly planted on Gods foundation and His Word.

Knowing God is a life long learning journey. Have you a good bible preaching church to attend with other believers?

Are you and they born again?

I was born again at 33 but really didn't know my God of the bible in my heart until I attended a church that preaches line by line, expository preaching, explaining in the original context what the author wrote in context to the people of the time, this is hermanuetics. 

I have grown so much in the past eight years than i did ever before, the pastor's teachings must be true and never waiver from His word.

Christ is all I think about because I am living for Him, no longer for myself.

The flesh says oh... Stay home it's icy and too icky out to go to church but I know and understand that when I go,  I am better for it no matter what my feelings are. 

Take a good solid bible study class, do you have a study bible?

Listen to Christian radio that play sermons from John MacArthur, Adrian Rogers and other solid preachers.

I still say I'm a newbie in Christ as my head explodes once I get a revelation or that ah ha moment! Ohhhh, I'm so glad Good and the Holy Spirit gives us just the right amount of discernment at a time otherwise my head would be so full it would explode in joy!

Learn about false church movements on line. I never heard of the name it claim it crowd, the faith healers, the health wealth and prosperity preachers etc. Or what different religions claim about Christ. 

Go at your own pace, everyone learns differently. 

Listen to sermonaudio.com. to Ryan Habbena for good expository preaching and hermanuetics. RC Sproul had great sermons there.

Check out books online and at your library or ask anyone here what they recommend for good solid reading.

I love The pilgrims progress, I have a link on my page, Who ate lunch with Abraham? and On the Road to Emmaus are also books I'd recommend.

Keep asking questions, that's how you will learn! I'm beginning to memorize scripture verses for times I am down and out, tired, grieving, happy and thankful.

I have several study Bibles and the ESV study bible by John MacArthur and Holman Christian Study Bible are my favorites.

You will love being her and we are all glad you are here!

Blessings

Karan?

Edited by BacKaran