Mea kakau

Our Beloved Dog Diagnosed With Cancer

89 posts in this topic

Our beloved dog Bailey, 8 years old, was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma today. Bailey has been my husband's and my therapy dog. My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis. And I have PTSD. Bailey's been the best dog we've ever had.

He's been good for others as well. My husband regularly took him to Home Depot and everyone loved him. When they haven't seen him there in a while they ask where Bailey is. Children who were terrified of dogs of any size would lay down beside him. Bailey is a giant breed dog, 32 inches at the withers, yet to us he's not very big. He's still the puppy we remembered coming home with us that special day in November 2008. Bailey has been the epitome of his breed, a Leonberger, exemplifying gentleness and love of everyone he meets.

To say I'm distraught is an understatement.

Some folks have different ideas on this...but I will pray for your beloved Baily's health to be restored.

I laid hands on our cat and believed for a miracle, and it did occur. She had a missing ring of fur around her neck, where she used to wear her collar; It was missing for over 5-6 years. A couple of months ago, I started laying hands on her, prayed maybe 5-6 times, and the fur has grown back in that 2 month period to almost 80%. There is a small area under her neck that is still bare, but she keeps scratching at that, irritating it. 

So, I believe...Baily, be healed, in Jesus' name!

I am so sorry to hear about Bailey’s health condition. I am praying for him, asking God to touch and heal him according to His perfect will. Be assure of my prayers for you and your husband, too, Take care of yourself, okay? Hugs!

I am so sorry for for what is happening to Bailey. I have always felt that our pets are members of the family.

I will pray for your entire family, including Bailey.

12 hours ago, Mea kakau said:

Our beloved dog Bailey, 8 years old, was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma today. Bailey has been my husband's and my therapy dog. My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis. And I have PTSD. Bailey's been the best dog we've ever had.

He's been good for others as well. My husband regularly took him to Home Depot and everyone loved him. When they haven't seen him there in a while they ask where Bailey is. Children who were terrified of dogs of any size would lay down beside him. Bailey is a giant breed dog, 32 inches at the withers, yet to us he's not very big. He's still the puppy we remembered coming home with us that special day in November 2008. Bailey has been the epitome of his breed, a Leonberger, exemplifying gentleness and love of everyone he meets.

To say I'm distraught is an understatement.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. Our pets hold a special place in our heart, and being a therapy dog makes him even more special. 

Please know that Bailey, and your family, are in my prayers. 

God bless you all. :emot-heartbeat:

Yesterday my husband had a check up after his radiation treatment for prostate cancer. During his treatment, he brought Bailey into the waiting room with him. When he met up with his doctor, the receptionist asked him how's Bailey. The doctor asked him too. Then my husband told them about Bailey's new diagnosis. My husband had a good laugh about their curiosity about Bailey and no concern for how he was doing. His check up went well too. His PSA test was the much lower than the doctor expected.

Edited by Mea kakau

I am so glad to hear your husband is doing better.  I also am praying for all of you.

Hearing that bone cancer is very painful, your beloved dog will tell you when it is time for him to pass, whether it be soon or should God give him many more years.  Our son's Boxer also had cancer.  She started whimpering all day and night telling them when the pain had become unbearable.  The had prayed for her often, but it was time for her to go.  

I am sure that God will provide another therapy dog for you, but none will replace him.  So do lay hands on him and pray for him, and help him in whatever way God leads you.  8 years is a long life for most large bread dogs.  Be thankful for the time you have had him and know that you have given him a loving home with a wonderful job.  Working dogs need to have jobs and purpose.  You have met his needs well and God will continue to direct you in how to meet his present needs.

Blessings,

Willa

Praying for your family!

5 hours ago, Willa said:

I am so glad to hear your husband is doing better.  I also am praying for all of you.

Hearing that bone cancer is very painful, your beloved dog will tell you when it is time for him to pass, whether it be soon or should God give him many more years.  Our son's Boxer also had cancer.  She started whimpering all day and night telling them when the pain had become unbearable.  The had prayed for her often, but it was time for her to go.  

I am sure that God will provide another therapy dog for you, but none will replace him.  So do lay hands on him and pray for him, and help him in whatever way God leads you.  8 years is a long life for most large breed dogs.  Be thankful for the time you have had him and know that you have given him a loving home with a wonderful job.  Working dogs need to have jobs and purpose.  You have met his needs well and God will continue to direct you in how to meet his present needs.

Blessings,

Willa

Hi Willa.

Thank you for praying and telling me about the Boxer's pain.

Our vet prescribed two types of medication for Bailey, one for moderate pain and the other for severe pain.

My husband said that it was the first time that he saw a vet tear up over a diagnosis. Bailey exhibited the ideal behavior during his x-ray. The vet didn't have to medicate him to keep him still. Bailey just laid there and allowed the vet to do whatever he needed to do. Another testament to Bailey amazing disposition.

I spoke with the vet today and I heard him choking up over the diagnosis again.

Praying for your beloved dog.I hope he gets well.