Mea kakau

Our Beloved Dog Diagnosed With Cancer

89 posts in this topic

Im sorry for you lost. I pray the  father comforts you and your husband during this time.

How's everything going now?

Praying for you and your husband, Sister :emot-hug:

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Praying for you and your husband, Sister :emot-hug:

Thank you Abby-Joy!

Yesterday was better than Thursday. My husband and I finally figured out why this loss is so difficult. Bailey had been with us in our home almost from the beginning. Everything we did since we purchased our home in 2007 revolved around a new Leonberger puppy (Bailey) coming into our lives even though he didn't arrive until November 5, 2008. We bought Leonberger friendly furniture, purchased a kennel for him, etc. well in advance. We had had a Leonberger before him, our first, and he died in 2005 of cancer.

So everything we touch or do Bailey was involved in some way. Even the foods we eat. That's why this loss is so difficult. A connection to him with every single action.:(  We just can't stop doing all those things. It's our life too. Sigh.

Edited by Mea kakau

16 minutes ago, Mea kakau said:

Thank you Abby-Joy!

Yesterday was better than Thursday. My husband and I finally figured out why this loss is so difficult. Bailey had been with us in our home almost from the beginning. Everything we did since we purchased our home in 2007 revolved around a new Leonberger puppy (Bailey) coming into our lives even though he didn't arrive until November 5, 2008. We bought Leonberger friendly furniture, purchased a kennel for him, etc. well in advance. We had had a Leonberger before him, our first, and he died in 2005 of cancer.

So everything we touch or do Bailey was involved in some way. Even the foods we eat. That's why this loss is so difficult. A connection to him with every single action.:(  We just can't stop doing all those things. It's our life too. Sigh.

Ahh, yes, that makes sense:emot-hug:

Praying~!

I had a talk with my husband this morning about him wanting a puppy too soon. He had told me last night that he wanted a puppy this summer or fall. Too soon for me. Then I read him a few articles about how to determine when you should get a new dog/puppy after one dies. After he listened he realized he isn't ready to get a puppy.

My PTSD got triggered with Bailey's death, and I had new memories from my abuse as a child. So this loss was particularly difficult for me. Though I bounced back from those memories faster than I would have before because of all of the healing I've been through. Before I needed to see a therapist and this time I didn't. That's a huge improvement. I got triggered the same way when another of our Leonbergers, Bailey's half brother, died at only three and half years old from a tick borne disease. Death of any kind is difficult for me to deal with because of all the deaths I saw as a child. I talked to my husband about what I was experiencing as a result of Bailey death. That's something I hadn't done before.

I sense we're drawing closer to each other through Bailey's death.

At the same time, I'm drawing closer to Jesus and leaning more and more on Him.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Praying for you both!

How's everything going now?