• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,355
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Just Thinking that you might enjoy what is about the link below, okay?

You might know about the below link or you might 

What Does The Holy Spirit Do? , 

Edited by Walter and Deborah
New Info.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

28 minutes ago, Yowm said:

A main function of the Spirit is to continually point us to trust in Jesus  and away from all else.

I agree. Its hard to trust sometimes when the world goes wrong. But the holy spirit leads us to Jesus like a lamb to a shepard.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Who is the Holy Spirit?"

Answer:
There are many misconceptions about the identity of the Holy Spirit. Some view the Holy Spirit as a mystical force. Others understand the Holy Spirit as the impersonal power that God makes available to followers of Christ. What does the Bible say about the identity of the Holy Spirit? Simply put, the Bible declares that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also tells us that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, a being with a mind, emotions, and a will.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is God is clearly seen in many Scriptures, including Acts 5:3-4. In this verse Peter confronts Ananias as to why he lied to the Holy Spirit and tells him that he had “not lied to men but to God.” It is a clear declaration that lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God. We can also know that the Holy Spirit is God because He possesses the characteristics of God. For example, His omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” Then in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11, we see the characteristic of omniscience in the Holy Spirit. “But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.”

We can know that the Holy Spirit is indeed a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). The Holy Spirit is God, the third Person of the Trinity. As God, the Holy Spirit can truly function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be (John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

https://gotquestions.org/who-Holy-Spirit.html

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

What He does is reveal truth. Without Him, we'd all be sucked into what the world believes.

On 12/2/2016 at 1:00 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

You might know about the below link or you might not know.

Along with Making their Abode  John 16:8 , 

What Does the Holy Spirit Do?

How are we filled with the Spirit? The Holy Spirit entered you when you decided to give your life to Christ, to become a Christian. But we need to continually ask the Holy Spirit to lead us, to guide us, to help us do the things God wants us to do. When we're growing as Christians, we should allow the Spirit to take control over more and more areas of our lives.

The comforter which is The Holy Ghost, will teach, lead, and guide you, If you will let it do so. The Holy Spirit/Holy GhostIf you continue in my words.

Taken out info.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Greetings Walter and Deborah

What Does the Holy Spirit Do?

But somebody who is "drunk in the Spirit" is controlled and consumed by the Spirit, who helps us live holy lives.

I understand what you are saying but something you might want to look into...

To be drunken, is to walk in darkness,... to stagger and vomit. To show one's nakedness.

All scripture referring to drunkenness is depicted in a negative light.

The children of the light are depicted as walking in soberness.  Fully aware of what they are doing.  Awake. Aware. They are never depicted as walking in drunkedness, and there is no such thing as being drunk with the spirit, maybe being drunk with a different contrary spirit, but never the holy spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:8   But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:7   For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:6   Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Here lately, I been having long conversations with someone

quite often the Holy Spirit tells me to keep my keep my lips sealed 

and let them do the talking!

:rolleyes:

To know what is inside of you, once you received it, you will notice its capabilities: But the fruit of the Spirit is:

More info.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

21 hours ago, Sister said:

I understand what you are saying but something you might want to look into...

To be drunken, is to walk in darkness,... to stagger and vomit. To show one's nakedness.

All scripture referring to drunkenness is depicted in a negative light.

The children of the light are depicted as walking in soberness.  Fully aware of what they are doing.  Awake. Aware. They are never depicted as walking in drunkedness, and there is no such thing as being drunk with the spirit, maybe being drunk with a different contrary spirit, but never the holy spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:8   But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:7   For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:6   Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Hi sister,

That is what I also picked up on. Very good. There has been a false move of God & people have been tricked into `drunkenness,` exhibiting all sorts of strange behaviour in the name of the Holy Spirit. And it has led to people being influenced by what is called a `Kundalini` spirit. This spirit masquerades as the Holy Spirit & gets people to instantly obey it without using their own wills to see if it is the Holy Spirit.

We need to be watchful, as you said, & not `drunken.`

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

On 02/12/2016 at 2:00 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

You might know about the below link or you might not know.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/advice/faithdoubt/what-does-holy-spirit-do.html

I disagree with the author at the above link. Dawson McAllister is parroting a traditionally RT Doctrine. Acts 2:4 shows us what happens when we receive the infilling / baptism of the Holy Spirit.  It was something Jesus told his disciples to wait for and by proxy us as well. This separate experience is identified in several other places in the book of Acts.

Acts 4:31, Acts 8:15-17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:6.

Indeed what the Holy Spirit does is what Jesus said he would do in John 14:6.  If you read this carefully you will note we are given another advocate  to stay with us on Earth as Jesus was The Advocate that was returning to the father. So we have an advocate on earth as this verse shows us and we have an advocate with the Father in heaven as 1 John 2:1 tells us.