• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

A couple of folks have stated they are ok with more spying on us citizens, but dont assume others are ok with it. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

45 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

A couple of folks have stated they are ok with more spying on us citizens, but dont assume others are ok with it. 

I think he's confusing "not surprised" with "not concerned"

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Yes, I do assume that. There have been multiple threads and so far I am the only one to raise concern.  In this case I take the silence as consent. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, I do assume that. There have been multiple threads and so far I am the only one to raise concern.  In this case I take the silence as consent. 

Taking silence as consent is false. You yourself have stated you only post in threads where you disagree. So should we take your silence on other threads to mean you agree? Silence can mean, in my case, that Im so sick and tired of these threads that I dont feel like posting much, or can mean many other things besides agreement.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hi OotS

Well,I'm not okay with it,it does raise concern for me but I can understand it because how would you make a separation....lets say me for example,I really don't think it would be any big deal if the FBI decided(for whatever reason) to look at all the content on all my devices(phone ,computer etc..) but I really don't like the idea of the infringement on the privacy rights etc,,,,    So,say the US citizen that became a citizen merely to protect themselves or rather "hide" their motives lets say for terrorism? Well,how can we know who is who,I suppose its something that we may not be able to do anything about,for the sake of security ...I dunno,just saying I do understand & yet NO,I'm not okay with it...know what I mean?                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1

10 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi OotS

Well,I'm not okay with it,it does raise concern for me but I can understand it because how would you make a separation....lets say me for example,I really don't think it would be any big deal if the FBI decided(for whatever reason) to look at all the content on all my devices(phone ,computer etc..) but I really don't like the idea of the infringement on the privacy rights etc,,,,    So,say the US citizen that became a citizen merely to protect themselves or rather "hide" their motives lets say for terrorism? Well,how can we know who is who,I suppose its something that we may not be able to do anything about,for the sake of security ...I dunno,just saying I do understand & yet NO,I'm not okay with it...know what I mean?                With love-in Christ,Kwik

As a country we have to choose which is more important, liberties or security. I think our founding fathers made it perfectly clear which they thought got top priority, but times to change I guess.  I just find it specious to call ourselves a free country when we give our law enforcement unfettered surveillance powers coupled with the power to detain indefinitely anyone that was given to the executive branch of the government.   At that point freedom is just an illusion, but maybe it is already.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Yep,I agree.....I don't know if we have to change with the times but I know the times are certainly changing the way we live....& we are not given a choice,I don't like it!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

When we follow Gods lead through Christ and the Holy Spirit, all anyone will find is Him.  Why be afraid?

50 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Yep,I agree.....I don't know if we have to change with the times but I know the times are certainly changing the way we live....& we are not given a choice,I don't like it!

We are (or at least the illusion of a choice) when we elect people to represent us in our government.  There are people and parites that oppose this expansion of power coupled with the loss of liberties.  But nobody talks about such stuff, all they argue about hot button social issues.