• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, OneLight said:

When we follow Gods lead through Christ and the Holy Spirit, all anyone will find is Him.  Why be afraid?

I am not afraid, in fact I would say those cheering the removal of our freedoms are the ones that are truly afraid. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

As a country we have to choose which is more important, liberties or security. I think our founding fathers made it perfectly clear which they thought got top priority, but times to change I guess.  I just find it specious to call ourselves a free country when we give our law enforcement unfettered surveillance powers coupled with the power to detain indefinitely anyone that was given to the executive branch of the government.   At that point freedom is just an illusion, but maybe it is already.

We'll see how you take it if some jihadist kills your grandkids (if you have any)....  then the definition of unreasonable might change. 

20 minutes ago, other one said:

We'll see how you take it if some jihadist kills your grandkids (if you have any)....  then the definition of unreasonable might change. 

Right now my kids, and you, and I have a 1000 times higher chance to be killed by a fellow American than they do a jihadist, so I guess there is no such thing as unreasonable.  Maybe those that are cool with the door to door warrrantless, probable causeless home searches are correct and both you and I are wrong.

Right now in Russia your chances of being killed by a jihadist are pretty small, perhaps you would do better there, since they do not have a silly constitution like ours to worry about.

When the government uses this power to hunt down hate speech by Christians (which is much more likely than me being killed by a jihadist) we will see how your view of unreasonable will quickly change

AND the context of my post was not referencing today.  Things are about to change.

3 minutes ago, other one said:

AND the context of my post was not referencing today.  Things are about to change.

Things are alway "about" to change, it is the oldest scare tactic in the book.  I outlived the red scare, I will outlive this version of it also.  

Fear = Control. 

if you had taken the time to read half the things I've posted here since 2001 we might have something to discuss.

Some things in this world are very much ok to fear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I just find it specious to call ourselves a free country when we give our law enforcement unfettered surveillance powers coupled with the power to detain indefinitely anyone that was given to the executive branch of the government.

This whole business of unfettered surveillance is a result of the foolish policies of the politicians over the last 4 decades. First they allowed illegal aliens and Muslim migrants to pour into the country.  After terrorists and criminal gangs began their carnage, they introduced laws to spy on the general public and inconvenience travelers at airports, instead of deporting all the undesirables and applying the existing laws strictly.  

Now they are trying to strengthen statism through various laws instead of supporting the Constitution and the freedoms guaranteed therein.  Mr. Trump should be telling the politicians to call a halt to all this nonsense until he has had a chance to get a handle on what is really going on.  But he remains silent in the face of actions by Congress, the Senate, and the Administration which are very detrimental and costly, and will require that he unravel all the mess that is being created as we speak.  

Why did they all suddenly jump on the "Russian propaganda" bandwagon and approve a bill in this connection just after Hillary and her gang created the myth that Russia interfered with the election?  Something smells. The Cold War is over and WWIII is on the horizon.

"The House approved a $611 billion defense spending bill that includes changes to revive the Voice of America, the broadcast news service that the federal government used to counter Russian propaganda broadcasts during the Cold War."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/voice-of-america-news-cold-war-russia/2016/12/02/id/761914/

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Mr. Trump should be telling the politicians to call a halt to all this nonsense until he has had a chance to get a handle on what is really going on.  But he remains silent in the face of actions by Congress, the Senate, and the Administration which are very detrimental and costly, and will require that he unravel all the mess that is being created as we speak.  

Mr Trump is not doing that because Mr Trump is not against it, you do not pick as the head of the CIA a gentleman most famous for wanting more spying on US citizens, not less if you are against such action.  As an authoritarian leader, Mr Trump has no reason to be against such things and will most assuredly use them against anyone that says mean things about him.

Why did they all suddenly jump on the "Russian propaganda" bandwagon and approve a bill in this connection just after Hillary and her gang created the myth that Russia interfered with the election?  Something smells. The Cold War is over and WWIII is on the horizon.

"The House approved a $611 billion defense spending bill that includes changes to revive the Voice of America, the broadcast news service that the federal government used to counter Russian propaganda broadcasts during the Cold War."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/voice-of-america-news-cold-war-russia/2016/12/02/id/761914/

The VOA does not need to be revived as it was never dead and never quit doing its work, all the NDAA did was change the operating structure at the top to streamline it and opened up the possibility of the VOA becoming a private entity vice a governmental agency.  

The VOA has never quit broadcasting and is being used today all over the world in 45 languages. 

This is why these fake news sources are so dangerous, they take a tiny bit of truth (there was wording the NDAA about the VOA) and make it into something totally false.  They do this because they know their readers will not take the time to go read the NDAA.