• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Got Questions is not greater than the Apostles. The Bereans were called noble for checking out the veracity of the Apostles doctrine against Scripture...and anyone should do the same with Got Questions.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
(Act 17:11)

Of course Got Questions is not greater than the Apostles but we do not have them on earth now. But we sure are seeing a lot of false doctrine and Paul did warn us of that in the end times which I believe we are in right now. It is important that Christians eyes and brains digest the truth. They can do whatever they want with the words of Got Questions. Everyone has a choice.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

36 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you saying that "Got Questions" is a cult?

No, but they could easily become a cult if people such as yourself give them unstinting and uncritical devotion. You have never accepted any criticism of their teachings, even though the errors are plainly there.  Take a good hard look at "The Bible Answerman" (Hank Hanegraaff) and how he has gone off the rails on many doctrines.

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

No, but they could easily become a cult if people such as yourself give them unstinting and uncritical devotion. You have never accepted any criticism of their teachings, even though the errors are plainly there.  Take a good hard look at "The Bible Answerman" (Hank Hanegraaff) and how he has gone off the rails on many doctrines.

I did not like Hank. He is not someone I would want to get good Christian advise from.

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Christians are told to stay away from exorcism...

OK, let's take this post piece by piece.  Is the above statement true or false? Here is what Scripture says: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:15-17).

This is still valid since there are still demons in the world today, and they are still being cast out. Now we go to quotes from Got Questions.

It appears that the purpose of Jesus' disciples performing exorcisms was to show Christ's dominion over the demons...

Was that the purpose or was the casting out of demons an essential part of preaching the Gospel?  Here is the Bible answer:

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at handHeal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (Matthew 10:5-8).

Interestingly, there seems to be a shift in the latter part of the New Testament regarding demonic warfare.

How can there be a "shift"?  Spiritual warfare is for BELIEVERS, whereas demon-possession is exhibited in NON-BELIEVERS and they must be delivered.  One of the ministries of Christians is to deliver the unsaved from demons, so that they can be saved.  Deliverance from demons is not an automatic guarantee that a person will be saved. 

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. (Matthew 12:43-45).

The teaching portions of the New Testament (Romans through Jude) refer to demonic activity, yet do not discuss the actions of casting them out, nor are believers exhorted to do so.

Naturally.  The teaching portion of the NT is for BELIEVERS who cannot be demon-possessed. And the reason that they do not discuss casting out of demons is because that teaching has already been provided through Christ.

While believers are exhorted to do so in other Scriptures (such as the teaching as to why the disciples could not cast out a demon in one case, which required prayer and fasting), one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is "discerning of spirits" (which implies casting out demons).

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (1 Corinthians 12:7-10).

However, we are not told how to cast him or his demons out of others, or that we should even consider doing so.

More baloney.  There is never any discussion of casting out Satan, so that in itself is misleading.  And to say "we are not told how to cast...demons out of others, or that we should even consider doing so" is clearly FALSE DOCTRINE. Just as Christ instructed His disciples to cast out demons, we have the same instructions, since demons did not suddenly disappear from the earth after the demise of the apostles.  The applicable Scriptures are right here:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,... (Luke 4:18).  This is still the ministry of the Church, which is indwelt by Christ.

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (Matthew 17:18-21).

So, in conclusion, Got Questions has a lot of good teaching, as well as some seriously flawed false doctrine.

26 minutes ago, Ezra said:

OK, let's take this post piece by piece.  Is the above statement true or false? Here is what Scripture says: And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:15-17).

This is still valid since there are still demons in the world today, and they are still being cast out. Now we go to quotes from Got Questions.

Was that the purpose or was the casting out of demons an essential part of preaching the Gospel?  Here is the Bible answer:

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at handHeal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (Matthew 10:5-8).

How can there be a "shift"?  Spiritual warfare is for BELIEVERS, whereas demon-possession is exhibited in NON-BELIEVERS and they must be delivered.  One of the ministries of Christians is to deliver the unsaved from demons, so that they can be saved.  Deliverance from demons is not an automatic guarantee that a person will be saved. 

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. (Matthew 12:43-45).

Naturally.  The teaching portion of the NT is for BELIEVERS who cannot be demon-possessed. And the reason that they do not discuss casting out of demons is because that teaching has already been provided through Christ.

While believers are exhorted to do so in other Scriptures (such as the teaching as to why the disciples could not cast out a demon in one case, which required prayer and fasting), one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is "discerning of spirits" (which implies casting out demons).

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (1 Corinthians 12:7-10).

More baloney.  There is never any discussion of casting out Satan, so that in itself is misleading.  And to say "we are not told how to cast...demons out of others, or that we should even consider doing so" is clearly FALSE DOCTRINE. Just as Christ instructed His disciples to cast out demons, we have the same instructions, since demons did not suddenly disappear from the earth after the demise of the apostles.  The applicable Scriptures are right here:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,... (Luke 4:18).  This is still the ministry of the Church, which is indwelt by Christ.

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (Matthew 17:18-21).

So, in conclusion, Got Questions has a lot of good teaching, as well as some seriously flawed false doctrine.

That is totally your choice to think that Got Questions is flawed and false teaching.

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is totally your choice to think that Got Questions is flawed and false teaching.

Yeah, just ignore everything posted, and continue to toot the horn for Got Questions.  That is not the attitude of a person who really wants the truth.

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Yeah, just ignore everything posted, and continue to toot the horn for Got Questions.  That is not the attitude of a person who really wants the truth.

I will ignore your haughty comment Ezra. Have a nice evening. God Bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

16 hours ago, Ezra said:

Thank you Ezra for taking the time to explain this, I found it most helpful, though peoples opinions are varied, just like got questions also is just opinions, anyway your post made a lot of sense to me.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/2/2016 at 6:10 PM, BacKaran said:

I was just asking this question the other day and didn't get any answers.

I've never heard of the Lutheran, Presbyterian or Baptist churches doing exorcisms but now the rcc has an uptick in them, interesting.

https://realtruth.org/news/161128-004.html

That's completely false.
You asked the same question on another thread (Lourdes) and I gave you the following information - and you have YET to address it:

Let's see . . .
Jesus Christ performed exorcisms.
The Apostles  perform exorcisms.
Pentecostals perform exorcisms.
Anglicans  perform exorcisms.
Southern Baptists perform exorcisms.
Mennonites perform exorcisms.
Methodists perform exorcisms.
Oriental Orthodox perform exorcisms.
Eastern Orthodox perform exorcisms.
And the list goes on . . .

Fundamentalists and other Evangelical Christians exhibit a wide range of beliefs concerning demon possession and exorcism. But MOST share certain basic beliefs:
-  Like Roman Catholics, MOST believe that the passages about demons in the New Testament are accurate descriptions of the power and activity of evil spirits. This belief is derived from the concept that God inspired the authors of the Bible to write text that is free of error.

-  Satan and his hordes of demonic followers are believed to be living entities who roam around the world looking for people to torment and destroy.

-  Many view Satanic forces as playing a major role in individuals' lives today. Books in Christian bookstores and programs on Christian radio and TV frequently refer to demonic influences, and warn believers to be continuously on guard.

The REAL question here is:  If Jesus, the Apostles, the Catholic Church and hundreds of denominations believe in the reality of demonic possession - why don't YOU??