Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As I was reading the Book of Acts something caught my attention. I think it was maybe Peter who stated (to paraphrase), they knew exactly where King David's sepulture was to this day, that was roughly written about 60-65 A.D., but certainly before 70 A.D.

The reason it caught my attention, is because the secular TV programs on History, Discovery, NatGeo, etc. I've seen claim there is no historical evidence that King David even ever existed, much less where he is interned. So I checked www.gotquestions.org, Wiki, etc. to see if indeed King David's sepulture was lost. Couldn't find an answer at got questions. From what I've read, I assume the location was lost from the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and the following diaspora? 

As Satan contended for the body of Moses, do you suppose the Lord is keeping the location of the sepulture of King David secret and undiscovered until an appointed time? Maybe like Noah's Ark being discovered at an appointed time?

The reason I added Noah's Ark to my speculation of what may be revealed to us in the end times... 

As everyone knows, the Ark was massive, about the size of the Titanic. But with 'any' boats built in antiquity, it appears none of them were sealed with pitch inside and out. Only sealed on the outside. This smacks of preservation to me. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hey, Dennis ....

I don't know anything about King David's final resting place.  I've never studied it.

But in Acts 2 beginning in verse 14, Peter gives as AWESOME sermon.  He cites from two sources - Joel and two of David's Psalms.  He is correcting his audience who has misunderstood all of these years that King David was talking about himself resurrecting.  David wasn't talking about himself - he was talking about Jesus Christ resurrecting - prophesying if you will.

Peter's point of mentioning David's tomb is to drive the point home that David is nothing but dead bones - " Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day."

The point was not "I know where he is buried".  The point was "he is dead and has been dead and lies in this very town somewhere as dry and dusty bones - he did NOT resurrect - because he was prophesying about the man you killed."

It was such a powerful sermon that the people begged Peter to tell them what to do to be saved! I LOVE Acts 2.

As far Noah's Ark - the Ark was not a sailing vessel.  Noah didn't steer it.  It was built to float - to bob on the waters.  The pitch was used to keep it from falling apart and to keep it from sinking.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

I like mysteries like that too. I watch a lot of archaolgy documentaries on new findings like proof of Sodom and Gomora. The way I see it is God chose not to tell us these things eith just for now, or because knowing it isn't important. It may also be to get us to study more for answers. I've learned a lot of things by doing that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Sing40King said:

I like mysteries like that too. I watch a lot of archaolgy documentaries on new findings like proof of Sodom and Gomora. The way I see it is God chose not to tell us these things eith just for now, or because knowing it isn't important. It may also be to get us to study more for answers. I've learned a lot of things by doing that.

I totally agree with that. Digging in, studying and piecing together God's Word is all what it's about. 

Sound like we watch some of the same programing on TV. When watching them I try to be careful and interpret it with a Christian view and understanding. By the way, speaking of Sodom & Gomorrah... I was watching a documentary on History, Discovery or something where it seems one scholar may have found exactly where it was located, did you see that one? Seen from space, a circular bowl just North of the Dead Sea? The dig revealed pottery and evidence from that time period and a thick layer of fervent heat destruction for the entire area. Interesting.