Heb 13:8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have a question. If people are still dying inside the 1,000 years then wouldn't transgression, sin and wickedness still exist. If that's so then these things below will not be fulfilled at the end of the 70th week. Therefore the 70 weeks of Daniel has passed?

Dan 9:24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Isa 65:20 "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

That is a good point of view.

I do believe 70 weeks of Daniel is done.

Jesus came to put the end of sin in individuals lives.

Stephen confirmed what Jesus came to do, I believe he went to heaven when they stoned his body to death.

Stephen condemned the Jewish court, they were still offering sacrifices which was an abomination unto God for not excepting his son, they defiled the Temple by it.  God was done with the natural temple anyway. They had church in other places.

So destruction came upon them as Daniel said it would.

The one thing that confuses me though is if the 70 weeks are past, then why is Matt 24 and the 42 months and times and half a times future stuff. If a future 7 years doesn't exist, why does the other stuff exist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

I have a question. If people are still dying inside the 1,000 years then wouldn't transgression, sin and wickedness still exist. If that's so then these things below will not be fulfilled at the end of the 70th week. Therefore the 70 weeks of Daniel has passed?

Dan 9:24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Isa 65:20 "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

Hi Heb 13:8,

Good question. Now you will note that the angel is talking to Daniel concerning HIS PEOPLE -Israel. The transgression is - the national rebellion of Israel against God. They rebelled for 390 years & thus 390 years will be their chastisement. (70 X 7 - Heb. 7 means complete)

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Hi Heb 13:8,

Good question. Now you will note that the angel is talking to Daniel concerning HIS PEOPLE -Israel. The transgression is - the national rebellion of Israel against God. They rebelled for 490 years & thus 490 years will be their chastisement. (70 X 7 - Heb. 7 means complete)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

14 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The one thing that confuses me though is if the 70 weeks are past, then why is Matt 24 and the 42 months and times and half a times future stuff. If a future 7 years doesn't exist, why does the other stuff exist.

I do think most all of Matt 24 is about Israel destruction in 70 AD

The other stuff  to me is all history during the dark ages. Rev. 13 first beast is history it ruled during the dark ages, but not the one hour eighth beast.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/3/2016 at 3:30 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

Not that I am advocating anything here. Fifty years a Christian now, nearly thirty years studying the Bible, I am still out on whether or not the millennium is a literal 1,000 years after the return of the Lord Jesus or a prophetic idiom of expressing the current Church age of "thousands years" in the Greek (Revelation 20).

That being said...

Some believe a literal millennium after the return of the Lord Jesus would be a restoration of this earth to edenic conditions and 1,000 year life spans with the devil and the old sinful ways all bottled up in hell til the very end when there is a big release of evil and a final showdown. 

IF...

SO...

(best I can mask my skepticism)

...this will be the final test / result proving God's true justice and patience having exhausted every possible excuse man could have at the judgment of Christ...

But I personally doubt this. I believe all avenues of excuse were answered when Jesus prayed if there be any other way then let this cup pass from me... yet not as I will but thou will...

Jesus is the Testator of the New Covenant (Hebrews 9:16-17) and to leave any loose end in the Old Covenant would IMHO be an oversight.

I may be wrong... it's a matter between God and you and what you find in his word... if you do find something please run it by me. I may not have an answer for it and we can explore its truth together in his Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Fifty years a Christian now, nearly thirty years studying the Bible, I am still out on whether or not the millennium is a literal 1,000 years after the return of the Lord Jesus or a prophetic idiom of expressing the current Church age of "thousands years" in the Greek (Revelation 20).

John,

Why is it difficult to believe in a literal Millennium, when " a thousand years" is mentioned SIX TIMES in seven verses? God does not play mind games.

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Not that I am advocating anything here. Fifty years a Christian now, nearly thirty years studying the Bible, I am still out on whether or not the millennium is a literal 1,000 years after the return of the Lord Jesus or a prophetic idiom of expressing the current Church age of "thousands years" in the Greek (Revelation 20).

That being said...

Some believe a literal millennium after the return of the Lord Jesus would be a restoration of this earth to edenic conditions and 1,000 year life spans with the devil and the old sinful ways all bottled up in hell til the very end when there is a big release of evil and a final showdown. 

IF...

SO...

(best I can mask my skepticism)

...this will be the final test / result proving God's true justice and patience having exhausted every possible excuse man could have at the judgment of Christ...

But I personally doubt this. I believe all avenues of excuse were answered when Jesus prayed if there be any other way then let this cup pass from me... yet not as I will but thou will...

Jesus is the Testator of the New Covenant (Hebrews 9:16-17) and to leave any loose end in the Old Covenant would IMHO be an oversight.

I may be wrong... it's a matter between God and you and what you find in his word... if you do find something please run it by me. I may not have an answer for it and we can explore its truth together in his Spirit.

Hi JohnD,

I believe you have some good points there bro & some I would like to say.

I also do not believe that the earth will be like Edenic conditions, (in the millennium) as God`s word tells us that if a nation does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King then rain will not come down on that land. Thus plagues, disease etc would come about. (Zech. 14: 17 & 18)

As to why of the millennium, you would have to look at what God has promised Israel. They were to rule the nations of the world, on earth. They disobeyed (as God knew they would) & thus they had God`s chastisement upon them. Finally we know that the Lord will reveal Himself to them, (Zech. 12: 7 - 10). Then after He has dealt with the nations the Lord will set up His promised Davidic kingdom through Israel over the nations of the earth for a thousand years.

It is God giving mankind every opportunity to turn to Him. Yet above that there is God`s purpose of His Son being the rightful ruler in every realm. And this period is part of the restoration of all things, putting down all authority till finally death is the last enemy.

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C