Heb 13:8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The restoration of David's tent / kingdom, if memory serves... is that not forever? Not just 1000 years?

DVD (dod) in Hebrew "BELOVED" can be a messianic prophetic name for Yeshua Jesus.

My servant DVD on the throne in (New) Jerusalem reigning over the nations the thousands years... sounds like the church age to me...

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, JohnD said:

The restoration of David's tent / kingdom, if memory serves... is that not forever? Not just 1000 years?

DVD (dod) in Hebrew "BELOVED" can be a messianic prophetic name for Yeshua Jesus.

My servant DVD on the throne in (New) Jerusalem reigning over the nations the thousands years... sounds like the church age to me...

Hi JohnD,

Yes the restoration of David`s tent/kingdom, I also believe, is forever. However it is only part of God`s restoration of authority under Christ in every realm. Now where do you get the idea of the `church age?` What do you mean by that? Scriptures?

Interested, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 12/3/2016 at 4:35 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

The one thing that confuses me though is if the 70 weeks are past, then why is Matt 24 and the 42 months and times and half a times future stuff. If a future 7 years doesn't exist, why does the other stuff exist.

The better question to ask in my opinion is, that if a future 7 year period exists, where are the corroborating scriptures?  One scripture forms the foundation for an entire eschatology?  Raise the red flags high.  If the foundation is faulty then . . .

The references to 1260, 1290, 1335 days, 42 month, and 3.5 years aren't required to fall within any other time frame.  Serving gave some insight on this topic not too long ago.  I'll see if I can find it and link it.  Here's the thread.

Edited by Last Daze

8 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The better question to ask in my opinion is, that if a future 7 year period exists, where are the corroborating scriptures?  One scripture forms the foundation for an entire eschatology?  Raise the red flags high.  If the foundation is faulty then . . .

The references to 1260, 1290, 1335 days, 42 month, and 3.5 years aren't required to fall within any other time frame.  Serving did a good thread on this topic not too long ago.  I'll see if I can find it and link it.

Hi Last Daze,

May I just say that remember that the word Trinity is not in God`s word, but we know that from how God reveals Himself - Father, Son & Holy Spirit. So may I suggest that we need to look at why God is doing something, rather than looking for a scripture presented how we want - eg 7 years.

regards, Marilyn.

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

May I just say that remember that the word Trinity is not in God`s word, but we know that from how God reveals Himself - Father, Son & Holy Spirit. So may I suggest that we need to look at why God is doing something, rather than looking for a scripture presented how we want - eg 7 years.

regards, Marilyn.

The word "Trinity" not being in God's word is irrelevant.  I'm talking about a point being validated by two or more witnesses.  There are at least two scriptures that refer to the trinity which confirms its validity.  The concept is corroborated.  Where is the second scripture that validates this "future seven year period"?  It doesn't exist.  Sound doctrine is never built on one verse.

We've been down this "purpose driven" road before.  The Word of God is the ultimate authority.  Whatever purposes you might arrive at are subject to being confirmed by the Word.  Perceived purposes don't drive interpretation, they result from it.

13 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The word "Trinity" not being in God's word is irrelevant.  I'm talking about a point being validated by two or more witnesses.  There are at least two scriptures that refer to the trinity which confirms its validity.  The concept is corroborated.  Where is the second scripture that validates this "future seven year period"?  It doesn't exist.  Sound doctrine is never built on one verse.

We've been down this "purpose driven" road before.  The Word of God is the ultimate authority.  Whatever purposes you might arrive at are subject to being confirmed by the Word.  Perceived purposes don't drive interpretation, they result from it.

Hi Last Daze,

I did have a laugh - this `purpose driven road.` Yes I don`t want to be on that one. (saving the world, purpose driven) However I was talking about God`s purposes through Christ, as that is what God is doing. So to just look for a 7 year scripture which isn`t there, can make one miss the scriptures that reveal it as part of God`s purpose.

And I agree with you that sound doctrine is never built on one verse.

regards, bro. Marilyn.

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

I did have a laugh - this `purpose driven road.` Yes I don`t want to be on that one. (saving the world, purpose driven) However I was talking about God`s purposes through Christ, as that is what God is doing. So to just look for a 7 year scripture which isn`t there, can make one miss the scriptures that reveal it as part of God`s purpose.

And I agree with you that sound doctrine is never built on one verse.

regards, bro. Marilyn.

I figured a sharp wit like yours would catch that.  ;)

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I figured a sharp wit like yours would catch that.  ;)

Thanks Last Daze,

Sometimes though I need a joke explained to me - too focussed on looking for the error. (lol)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

If God put an end to sin at the end of the future 70th week, that would mean the New Earth would start right away. We would have to remove the 1000 years from scripture.

Dan 9:24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

The 70 weeks, seals, trumpets and bowls are all past fulfillment, and there will be no third temple, otherwise Paul would of used the word "hieron".

John 2:14 In the temple (hieron) courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

2 Thess 2:3-4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple (naos), proclaiming himself to be God.

2 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

If God put an end to sin at the end of the future 70th week, that would mean the New Earth would start right away. We would have to remove the 1000 years from scripture.

Dan 9:24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

The 70 weeks, seals, trumpets and bowls are all past fulfillment, and there will be no third temple, otherwise Paul would of used the word "hieron".

John 2:14 In the temple (hieron) courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

2 Thess 2:3-4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple (naos), proclaiming himself to be God.

Hi Heb 13: 8,

I see what you are thinking, however we need to realise that the angel was speaking to Daniel concerning his people - Israel, & their holy city. Quite specific there. The transgression was National rebellion against God & the sins, (to make an end of sins) relates to the people of Israel`s individual sins against God`s law. This we know will change when He writes it upon their heart. (Ez. 36: 26 - 28)

As to Paul not using the word `hieron,` you are quite correct, I believe, he used the word `naos` & thus the antichrist will set up his image in a different place than where the temple stood.

Marilyn.