• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

15 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Underline: I'll give you two examples of past fulfillment for seal 1 and 3..

1. Rev 6:1-2 - Crown is actually translated wreath in Greek. The white horse represents the conquering Roman Empire, from 96 – 180 A.D., as it was a time of its greatest expansion and their military conquests were celebrated by riding white horses in their victory parades. Cretan Roman Emperors Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius, each had a bow as their symbol. The crown represents the laurel wreathes of victory that were worn by the Caesars after their armies had won a military battle.

2. Rev 6:5-6 - To hurt not the oil and the wine, means to be not unjust to them.  In other words, let the taxation be fair as compared to the prices of wheat and barley, instead of raising the prices on oil and wine even more. In those days, oil and wine were not just luxuries, but they served many purposes in people’s lives.  Paul told Timothy, “No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.” The agricultural industry was ruined under this heavy taxation, which lead to famine.  People moved away from the farmlands into the cities, where they would suffer from the famine.

If they are all in the past you'll have to show them all having been fulfilled

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, ENOCH2010 said:

If they are all in the past you'll have to show them all having been fulfilled

pg 3, post 2.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

9 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

pg 3, post 2.

Most people here have studied the Bible and form their own opinions from the Bible not from other peoples words. By the way your links don't work

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Underline: I'll give you two examples of past fulfillment for seal 1 and 3..

1. Rev 6:1-2 - Crown is actually translated wreath in Greek. The white horse represents the conquering Roman Empire, from 96 – 180 A.D., as it was a time of its greatest expansion and their military conquests were celebrated by riding white horses in their victory parades. Cretan Roman Emperors Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius, each had a bow as their symbol. The crown represents the laurel wreathes of victory that were worn by the Caesars after their armies had won a military battle.

2. Rev 6:5-6 - To hurt not the oil and the wine, means to be not unjust to them.  In other words, let the taxation be fair as compared to the prices of wheat and barley, instead of raising the prices on oil and wine even more. In those days, oil and wine were not just luxuries, but they served many purposes in people’s lives.  Paul told Timothy, “No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.” The agricultural industry was ruined under this heavy taxation, which lead to famine.  People moved away from the farmlands into the cities, where they would suffer from the famine.

Hi Heb,

That`s good that you are now discussing in detail. Something to work on together. What you have written sounds plausible, however as everyone can have their own opinion then that leaves us with many varied & different views on those two points.

Now I believe that God says what He means, & means what He says. In other words He interprets what His symbols are. Thus we need to look in all His word to see what He says concerning His symbols.  

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Most people here have studied the Bible and form their own opinions from the Bible not from other peoples words. By the way your links don't work

Well, most people don't understand that crown is translated wreath in Rev 6:2 and was speaking of historical facts, and that oil and wine in Rev 6:6 were of significant importance 2000 years ago. It ain't rocket science.

47 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Heb,

That`s good that you are now discussing in detail. Something to work on together. What you have written sounds plausible, however as everyone can have their own opinion then that leaves us with many varied & different views on those two points.

Now I believe that God says what He means, & means what He says. In other words He interprets what His symbols are. Thus we need to look in all His word to see what He says concerning His symbols.  

Marilyn.

Ok, how would a wreath be significant in the future, and don't we have enough oil and wine in the 21st century to last us until the second coming of Christ?

Just now, Heb 13:8 said:

Well, most people don't understand that crown is translated wreath in Rev 6:2 and was speaking of historical facts, and that oil and wine in Rev 6:6 were of significant importance 2000 years ago. It ain't rocket science.

Ok, how would a wreath be significant in the future, and don't we have enough oil and wine in the 21st century to last us until the second coming of Christ?

Hi Heb,

As I said it seems plausible, however we always need to read what God says the symbols are. I am reading what you think, fine, but really I need to humble myself & see what God says He means.

Marilyn.

Now I read `crown` Gk. word `Stephanos,` meaning literal or figurative - crown.

- as a badge of office, prize in public games or a symbol of honour generally. It is more elaborate than `diadema.` (Gk. word for diadem.)

Thus we see that this Great Federation has a ruler who wears a crown.

The Roman Emperor wore a wreath to symbolise his office, today we see Britain ruled by a Monarch. (crown). And many rulers down through the ages have worn crowns. We, as believers are told that we will wear a crown of life, & other crowns. Lots of mention of crown in God`s word.

Thus we need to look further to see when the Lord did judge or will judge these Great Federations.

What makes you think that the Lord has judged these Federations that you think are symbolised by the horsemen?

Marilyn.

37 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

What makes you think that the Lord has judged these Federations that you think are symbolised by the horsemen?

For starters, most believe Rev 6:1-2 is a future antichrist on a white horse that will eventually sit in a third temple, but Paul used naos to describe temple, not a physical building. There's so many deceptions in the church, it's hard to keep up.

27 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

For starters, most believe Rev 6:1-2 is a future antichrist on a white horse that will eventually sit in a third temple, but Paul used naos to describe temple, not a physical building. There's so many deceptions in the church, it's hard to keep up.

Hi Heb,

Remember when I said that I agreed with you concerning the temple - naos not hieron.

So...What makes you think that the Lord has judged these Federations that you think are symbolised by the horsemen?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

I agree with a lot of what you have said. Well presented. Now you may like to look at Isaiah 65: 25 -

`The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, & the dust shall be the serpent`s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy IN ALL MY HOLY MOUNTAIN. ` (Isa. 65: 25)

Thus I believe that it is only in God`s holy mountain in Israel that the `Edenic` like conditions prevail.

What say you concerning this?

Marilyn.

Something to consider:

• But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.  Daniel 2:35b

Mountains are sometimes used to depict kingdoms.