IGNORED

Maybe some Protestants/Non-Catholics can answer......

Hoddie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is what I have found from researching Joseph Prince. False teacher.

Why is he a false teacher?

What does he teach that is false?

No links please.

Fran

Edited by Fran C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

MsMuffet

I think its high time you stop these slanderous accusations without providing some legitimate first hand evidence for such a claim,I have never heard anything but "false teacher" from you regarding any televised evangelist mentioned here on Worthy,please...provide your PROOF & not someone elses comments from the internet(hearsay) or from someone elses opinion of an "edited" for TV sermon(rumor)   I have personally went to see some of the people you slander to hear them preach,I have not heard anything that should lead me to believe they were false teachers,I'm not a fan of anyone except Jesus & if I hear His Gospel preached,I REjoice........the preachers motives,rumors about them ,hearsay & gossip means nothing to me nor should it to any Christian

Philippians 1:15-18New International Version

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

And I second that(with Fran) ...no links please

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is your opinion miss.  I listen to him all the time.  This man preachs the Gospel.  Researching????? have you ever listened to the man?  He is reaching millions with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   You make me shake my head.

Guest BacKaran

Wow, missm and I are in the same page, he's a false preacher of the Word Of Faith and health wealth prosperity movements....

From SO4J which is an excellent ministry here in MN and right on for exposing false preachers.

If one only heard one or two messages of any of these fps, one may not hear or discern the lies being told.

His theological background is the Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel Movement. He admits to being a Word of Faith Prosperity Teacher here: 
QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: “Now I've been in the Word of Faith circle and I find that Word of Faith preachers know about favor. Churches of faith know about favor. The thing that I wish many of them would say though would be this - to use that phase - "undeserved favor". Favor is good and the teaching of favor has produced tremendous testimonies but I would rather the Word of Faith preachers like myself use undeserved favor because that's the true definition of grace. Now I didn't learn amazing grace from Word of Faith though I'm a Word of Faith preacher. I had to learn that truly struggling on my own.” [End of Quote]

He has a working knowledge of Greek and Hebrew which makes him come across as if he knows what he's talking about.. but when we search the scriptures (i.e. Acts 17:11) with what he teaches we see that he has sadly taken much scripture out of it's proper context. He mixes TRUTH with ERROR. He also talks about GRACE as a MOTHER..? QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: "Having the same MOTHER. We have the same heavenly Father and the same MOTHER GRACE. And our mother is NOT LAW." (Mother Grace?) See one of the Videos below about this.

Some of the many Biblical RED FLAGS as well as the Unbiblical Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel about Joseph Prince is that:

1 - He Claims to hear the voice of God OUTSIDE of Scripture - i.e. so-called "WORDS OF KNOWLEDGE". Joseph Prince says in 1997 while on vacation with his wife: QUOTE:  “I distinctly heard the voice of the Lord on the inside. It wasn’t a witness of the Spirit. It was a voice, and I heard God say clearly to me: “Son, you are not preaching grace.” I said, “What do You mean, Lord? That’s a low blow. That’s a real low blow!” I added, “I’m a preacher of grace. I have been a grace preacher for years, and like most preachers, I preach that we are saved by grace!” He (ie the LORD) said, “No. Everytime you preach grace, you preach it with a mixture of law. You attempt to balance grace with the law, like many other preachers, and the moment you balance grace, you neutralize it. You cannot put new wine into old wineskins. You cannot put grace and law together.” He went on to say, “Son, a lot of preachers are not preaching grace the way Apostle Paul preached grace.” He then ended emphatically with this statement that revolutionized my ministry: “If you don’t preach grace radically, people’s lives will never be radically blessed and radically transformed.”That powerful word from the Lord jolted me, and I realized for the first time that I had indeed been preaching a grace message that was tempered with the law. I returned to my church with a strong mandate from the Lord and I began to preach grace radically.” (Joseph Prince, Destined To Reign)." (THIS IS EXTRA-BIBLICAL and FALSE TEACHING)

2 - His Theology is deep into the "Word of Faith" Prosperity Gospel - QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: "I give thanks for God for my ROOTS in the WORD OF FAITH TEACHINGS. It is truly on the shoulders of GREAT MEN OF GOD like brother KENNETH E. HAGIN (MAJOR FALSE TEACHER) that we are able to see further into the Word of God today." -- "Destined to Reign" Book by Joseph Prince Page 271 (Year: 2007) 

37 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Wow, missm and I are in the same page, he's a false preacher of the Word Of Faith and health wealth prosperity movements....

From SO4J which is an excellent ministry here in MN and right on for exposing false preachers.

If one only heard one or two messages of any of these fps, one may not hear or discern the lies being told.

His theological background is the Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel Movement. He admits to being a Word of Faith Prosperity Teacher here: 
QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: “Now I've been in the Word of Faith circle and I find that Word of Faith preachers know about favor. Churches of faith know about favor. The thing that I wish many of them would say though would be this - to use that phase - "undeserved favor". Favor is good and the teaching of favor has produced tremendous testimonies but I would rather the Word of Faith preachers like myself use undeserved favor because that's the true definition of grace. Now I didn't learn amazing grace from Word of Faith though I'm a Word of Faith preacher. I had to learn that truly struggling on my own.” [End of Quote]

He has a working knowledge of Greek and Hebrew which makes him come across as if he knows what he's talking about.. but when we search the scriptures (i.e. Acts 17:11) with what he teaches we see that he has sadly taken much scripture out of it's proper context. He mixes TRUTH with ERROR. He also talks about GRACE as a MOTHER..? QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: "Having the same MOTHER. We have the same heavenly Father and the same MOTHER GRACE. And our mother is NOT LAW." (Mother Grace?) See one of the Videos below about this.

Some of the many Biblical RED FLAGS as well as the Unbiblical Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel about Joseph Prince is that:

1 - He Claims to hear the voice of God OUTSIDE of Scripture - i.e. so-called "WORDS OF KNOWLEDGE". Joseph Prince says in 1997 while on vacation with his wife: QUOTE:  “I distinctly heard the voice of the Lord on the inside. It wasn’t a witness of the Spirit. It was a voice, and I heard God say clearly to me: “Son, you are not preaching grace.” I said, “What do You mean, Lord? That’s a low blow. That’s a real low blow!” I added, “I’m a preacher of grace. I have been a grace preacher for years, and like most preachers, I preach that we are saved by grace!” He (ie the LORD) said, “No. Everytime you preach grace, you preach it with a mixture of law. You attempt to balance grace with the law, like many other preachers, and the moment you balance grace, you neutralize it. You cannot put new wine into old wineskins. You cannot put grace and law together.” He went on to say, “Son, a lot of preachers are not preaching grace the way Apostle Paul preached grace.” He then ended emphatically with this statement that revolutionized my ministry: “If you don’t preach grace radically, people’s lives will never be radically blessed and radically transformed.”That powerful word from the Lord jolted me, and I realized for the first time that I had indeed been preaching a grace message that was tempered with the law. I returned to my church with a strong mandate from the Lord and I began to preach grace radically.” (Joseph Prince, Destined To Reign)." (THIS IS EXTRA-BIBLICAL and FALSE TEACHING)

2 - His Theology is deep into the "Word of Faith" Prosperity Gospel - QUOTE by JOSEPH PRINCE: "I give thanks for God for my ROOTS in the WORD OF FAITH TEACHINGS. It is truly on the shoulders of GREAT MEN OF GOD like brother KENNETH E. HAGIN (MAJOR FALSE TEACHER) that we are able to see further into the Word of God today." -- "Destined to Reign" Book by Joseph Prince Page 271 (Year: 2007) 

I hear all pastors say that God speaks to them. Does He not speak to you? Did Prince say he heard an audible voice? No. So then what is the difference?

Prince might have started out in the Word of Faith movement. There is a touch of this in his preaching. But he definitely is not a Word of Faith preacher. Did Jesus Himself not say that whatever we ask in His name, in faith, we will receive?  This must be tempered with God's will which the wof movement does not do, thus reducing God to our servant. Prince does not do this. We are indeed to have faith. Let us not go from one extreme to the other...To demand on the one hand, and to deny on the other.

I've been listening to prince on an off for many years. Your quotes are from almost 20 years ago. I DO NOT trust anything anybody says of others. Quotes are often taken out of context to attempt to confirm whatever the interviewer wishes to convey.

I can confirm that he does preach the grace of God and repeats many times that we are not to take advantage of His grace to sin. What is extra biblical or false about this?

I could post links about almost any preacher that would be detrimental to him. I would much rather discuss this with someone who actually listens to Prince but does not agree with him and could state why because of something he teaches.

Fran

Edited by Fran C

P.S.

Your entire post is a link.

It's heresay.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

15 minutes ago, Fran C said:

I hear all pastors say that God speaks to them. Does He not speak to you? Did Prince say he heard an audible voice? No. So then what is the difference?

Prince might have started out in the Word of Faith movement. There is a touch of this in his preaching. But he definitely is not a Word of Faith preacher. Did Jesus Himself not say that whatever w ask in His name, in faith, we will receive?  This must be tempered with God's will which the wof movement does not do, thus reducing God to our servant. Prince does not do this. We are indeed to have faith. Let us not go from one extreme to the other...To demand one the one hand, and go deny on the other.

I've been listening to prince on an off for many years. Your quotes are from almost 20 years ago. I DO NOT trust anything anybody says of others. Quotes are often taken out of context to attempt to confirm whatever the interviewer wishes to convey.

I can confirm that he does preach the grace of God and repeats many times that we are not to take advantage of His grace to sin. What is evtra biblical or false about this?

I could post links about almost any preacher that would be detrimental to him. I would much rather discuss this with someone who actually listens to Prince but does not agree with him and could state why because of something he says.

Fran

I met Prince in Florida.

Just an introduction, nothing more.

He reaked of Jesus.

I'm telling you, this guy had a smile and a demeanor unparalleled with anyone I've ever met.

I listened to him preach, I read his literature, and I somewhat studied his doctrine.

I don't know if I like him or not.

But when you're around him, you can't help but like him.

I hope people feel that way about me.

Is Jesus doing a work in my life so that people will enjoy being around me?

I hope so.

If you ever get a chance to meet the man, go for it.

Edited by White Rabbitt

Guest BacKaran

All I can say is I've gone thru all the false preachers to get where I can discern truth from lies mixed with truth.

TV shows, their books, their seminars, conventions, been there done that.

Those who have ears to hear..... Need to discern Truth from truth and lies.

No debate needed, I stand with Jesus and saved preachers of the Bible, not those men and women that look good or speak good or are teaching what wimpy churches are teaching today.

Blessings to all for a good night ?

Edited by BacKaran

2 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

All I can say is I've gone thru all the false preachers to get where I can discern truth from led mixed with truth.

TV shows, their books, their seminars, conventions, been there done that.

Those who have ears to hear..... Need to discern Truth from truth and lies.

No debate needed, I stand with Jesus and saved preachers of the Bible, not those men and women that look good or speak good or are teaching what wimpy churches are teaching today.

Blessings to all for a good night ?

Backaran

You don't use the quote feature so it's difficult to know if you're answering my post to you.

Let me ask you this...

What IS the truth?

Do you think there's a really pure church that only teaches the truth?

Is there a church that has its doctrine totally correct?

To stand with Jesus do you have to look badly and speak badly?

I'd like to understand better.

Fran

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226