• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Was having a look at a youtube video a while ago and the topic is 

Splicing and Dicing DNA: Genome Engineering and the CRISPR Revolution

Type the topic in the youtube search box if you want to view the video

Here is an introduction to  the video

CRISPR: It’s the powerful gene editing technology transforming biomedical research. Fast, cheap and easy to use, it allows scientists to rewrite the DNA in just about any organism—including humans—with tests on human embryos already underway. The technique’s potential to radically reshape everything from disease prevention to the future of human evolution has driven explosive progress and heated debate. Join the world’s CRISPR pioneers to learn about the enormous possibilities and ethical challenges as we stand on the threshold of a brave new world of manipulating life’s fundamental code.

Man now has the ability to manipulate the biological traits of living things in ways that was unthinkable in the last few years.  They can so call cut and paste DNA with this new gene editing tool and technique name CRISPR.   Now with this tool, a number of modification can be made to alter man's state.  

As christians term abortion as murder of the unborn, how are we react to Gene Editing.  Is man playing God, or should christians embrace the scientific changes as the good for mankind or as some others that are against these science ,are calling the modifications as Franken human, meaning  they are not natural the way the good Lord would have made us.

Where do you stand on this issue as the scientific breakthroughs are moving very fast and would affect our food, ethics and general life.  Is the genie out the bottle and should it be put back in, if it ever could

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, the genie is def out.

Guest BacKaran

No one should be manipulating genes but this has been going on for decades. Remember they are fifty years ahead of what they tell us....

It's the same with using baby or adult stem cells, don't do it.

Now using metal hips, knees and stuff for replacement parts, I'm all for that but should it come to implanting or bio hacking the body with computers to make people see, again or have a pic operated arm implant, out the RFID chip or medical chip etc..that's too far, imho.

The first successful run of this was the first test tube baby, Louis Brown in England in 1977.

Now it's accepted but I'm against that since children need adoption more than women need to have the experience of giving birth. The intent is nice but then we have Octomom, unmarried single woman with eight babies and she can't even take care of herself.

Like the bible says, all things are permissable but  not all are beneficial.?

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53

17 hours ago, BacKaran said:

No one should be manipulating genes but this has been going on for decades. Remember they are fifty years ahead of what they tell us....

It's the same with using baby or adult stem cells, don't do it.

Now using metal hips, knees and stuff for replacement parts, I'm all for that but should it come to implanting or bio hacking the body with computers to make people see, again or have a pic operated arm implant, out the RFID chip or medical chip etc..that's too far, imho.

The first successful run of this was the first test tube baby, Louis Brown in England in 1977.

Now it's accepted but I'm against that since children need adoption more than women need to have the experience of giving birth. The intent is nice but then we have Octomom, unmarried single woman with eight babies and she can't even take care of herself.

Like the bible says, drifts I'd permissable but it's not all. beneficial.?

Thanks for your input BacKaran.  The Human Genome project was completed in 2003, that is the complete mapping of the human gene makeup.   There were super computers from all over the world involved as far as i understand.  An immense task .  Only a short time after that, breakthroughs with this CRISPR technique has given scientist and others very powerful tools to do things that looks frightening.  This tool getting into the wrong hands could be catastrophic and who knows if the real Island of Dr. Moreau would come to past.

Yeh, i hear the science are way ahead of what they say, but how can that be verified, i don't know.   

Most people are concerned about the economy and the state as a whole, but this part of science is a real player in world affairs.  It may well play a part in implementing forced social changes to society and could be used to control people at will.   The anti-christ  will have powerful tools in his hands.  Remember homosexuality was not an acceptable standard only a few years ago, now most of the world is embracing and changing its laws to reflect the new status quo.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

There is someone on the forums whom I wont name, who has a terrible lifelong illness due to a defective gene. Genetic manipulation to repair the gene using a virus to introduce the repair would cure the person. It could be available within a few years. It does not involve aborted fetuses. Do you think that is wrong?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53

40 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

There is someone on the forums whom I wont name, who has a terrible lifelong illness due to a defective gene. Genetic manipulation to repair the gene using a virus to introduce the repair would cure the person. It could be available within a few years. It does not involve aborted fetuses. Do you think that is wrong?

That would have to be answered by the person in question.  If he/she is saved and knows what the bible says about life and death, then it will be his decision of seeking or rejecting that cure with the processes of gene editing.  It is both an ethical question and a human rational decision.  Pain and suffering can be described, but only the one who has the issues really knows what it is all about.   On the other hand, the carnal man do not understand spiritual things and do not hope on the  promises of God.   

At the end of the day, every christian has to come to to terms with his mortality and know where he stands on  that issue.

Guest BacKaran

Well said. I personally would not engage in crisper. I've had a life long issue with my health and surgeries but I would not accept sterm cells or dna tampering. 

Even though it's unpleasant to go thru life with diseases and illnesses, I as a saved believer, Will rejoice in all my trials, because they only make me more dependant on God. And I'm living in this fallen world for God, not my own comfort.

But that's just me.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The genie is out of the bottle, and everyone knows the genie can't be put back in. 

It's telling that the Lord put firewalls between species, that it could only produce after its own kind. I won't go into Genesis 6: or chimeras or what is approaching us to keep the naysayers at bay.

To answer a question: Is it a good thing to tamper with the DNA of the food we consume and for the transhumanist idea of living a disease free extended life through our tampering. To me, that says God didn't know what He was doing and didn't do a good enough job, mankind can do better. 

The technical scientific nomenclature escapes me, but this tampering will be permanent and irreversible, and most likely pass generation to generation. Just my postulations.

Guest BacKaran

I don't like food dna tampering either so I try to plant heirloom seeds. I think it's ridiculous that Monsanto can sue little farmers for the Monsanto pollen infecting the little farmers fields....unreal.

But in the end, we know how this story goes!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/3/2016 at 7:33 PM, warrior12 said:

Was having a look at a youtube video a while ago and the topic is 

Splicing and Dicing DNA: Genome Engineering and the CRISPR Revolution

Where do you stand on this issue as the scientific breakthroughs are moving very fast and would affect our food, ethics and general life.  Is the genie out the bottle and should it be put back in, if it ever could

Every time man tampers with nature there are consequences. 

No one can improve on God.

That being said... with cloning and DNA manipulation it still boggles my mind that scientists cannot believe in the virgin birth of Jesus.

Go figure.