Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 Th 5:3  For when they say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I was flipping around Youtube channels the other day and ran across Pastor Billy Crone and watched a few of his excellent videos. Anyway, he brought something to light I had not paid a lot of attention to just because of one word, then I put 2 + 2 together. I've read and heard this verse so many times too.

He went to the Greek word safety, and a better translation from Greek to English might be security. Now we have, "when they say, peace and security... Oh yeah I heard that a bunch! He showed a bunch of videos of Obama, world leaders, the U.N., etc. constantly quipping the exact words, "peace and security". Then I Googled "peace and security" and guess how many and from whom hits there are?

I'm fully aware this verse applies to Israel during the tribulation, however, in the same verse is "as travail upon a woman with child." I take that to mean the frequency becomes closer and more intense as it comes to completion. This catch phrase 'peace and security' has almost become a rally cry on what I'm seeing coming out of the mouth of world leaders and the U.N. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

1 Th 5:3  For when they say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

I was flipping around Youtube channels the other day and ran across Pastor Billy Crone and watched a few of his excellent videos. Anyway, he brought something to light I had not paid a lot of attention to just because of one word, then I put 2 + 2 together. I've read and heard this verse so many times too.

He went to the Greek word safety, and a better translation from Greek to English might be security. Now we have, "when they say, peace and security... Oh yeah I heard that a bunch! He showed a bunch of videos of Obama, world leaders, the U.N., etc. constantly quipping the exact words, "peace and security". Then I Googled "peace and security" and guess how many and from whom hits there are?

I'm fully aware this verse applies to Israel during the tribulation, however, in the same verse is "as travail upon a woman with child." I take that to mean the frequency becomes closer and more intense as it comes to completion. This catch phrase 'peace and security' has almost become a rally cry on what I'm seeing coming out of the mouth of world leaders and the U.N. 

That is a second coming verse. Which differs from the rapture of the Church before the seven year tribulation.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

That is a second coming verse. Which differs from the rapture of the Church before the seven year tribulation.

I absolutely agree. Just another example where I didn't fully explain all the particulars I had intended.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes that struck me as I have been looking & hearing what the leaders are saying. Also the mandate of the UN. So let`s read the whole section.

`But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For while they say, "Peace & Safety," then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labour pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light & sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.` (1 Thess. 5: 1 - 5)

So we see those who are in darkness, (they) and those who are of the light, (you, brethren).

My thoughts are that the Day of the Lord is the tribulation, plus the specific day the Lord returns, then on to through the Millennium. (2 Peter 3: 10) Thus the sudden destruction at the beginning of the tribulation comes when the Lord executes the judgments upon rebellious mankind - as per trumpet judgments.

After the Russian Federation tries to wipe out Israel & God deals with them, (the Russian Federation) a `peace` deal is done in the Middle East. People then declare, "Peace & Safety," has actually come about in the Middle East & they are rejoicing. However while they are saying this `Peace & Safety` has happened then God`s judgments rain down.

At the moment it is the cry of people who want `Peace & Safety,` but it is not until it actually happens in the Middle East that that scripture will be fulfilled.

regards, Marilyn.

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes that struck me as I have been looking & hearing what the leaders are saying. Also the mandate of the UN. So let`s read the whole section.

`But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For while they say, "Peace & Safety," then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labour pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light & sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.` (1 Thess. 5: 1 - 5)

So we see those who are in darkness, (they) and those who are of the light, (you, brethren).

My thoughts are that the Day of the Lord is the tribulation, plus the specific day the Lord returns, then on to through the Millennium. (2 Peter 3: 10) Thus the sudden destruction at the beginning of the tribulation comes when the Lord executes the judgments upon rebellious mankind - as per trumpet judgments.

After the Russian Federation tries to wipe out Israel & God deals with them, (the Russian Federation) a `peace` deal is done in the Middle East. People then declare, "Peace & Safety," has actually come about in the Middle East & they are rejoicing. However while they are saying this `Peace & Safety` has happened then God`s judgments rain down.

At the moment it is the cry of people who want `Peace & Safety,` but it is not until it actually happens in the Middle East that that scripture will be fulfilled.

regards, Marilyn.

Greetings Marilyn,

Yes, I have the very same view you have.

I was basically just trying to make two points. (1) It suddenly struck me how often I'm hearing peace & safety, when I replaced the word safety, with security (peace and security). I really wasn't associating the two words in my mind. (2) Based on "as travail upon a woman with child", looking up the word meaning of 'travail', I'm interpreting it to mean it's leading up to in frequency and intensity, as it's occurring right now. Just my observations and thoughts anyway.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I was basically just trying to make two points. (1) It suddenly struck me how often I'm hearing peace & safety, when I replaced the word safety, with security (peace and security). I really wasn't associating the two words in my mind. (2) Based on "as travail upon a woman with child", looking up the word meaning of 'travail', I'm interpreting it to mean it's leading up to in frequency and intensity, as it's occurring right now. Just my observations and thoughts anyway.

The ultimate declaration of "peace and safety" comes after the death of the two witnesses and the armies are gathered at Har-Magedon.

• “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.” And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.  Revelation 16:15-16
  • For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.  While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.  1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

People say "peace and safety" because they see the man of sin as victorious over the plague-bringers.  Days pass into weeks and the deceived are oblivious to their coming destruction .

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Greetings Marilyn,

Yes, I have the very same view you have.

Hi Dennis,

That`s great. Yes I used to hear & see those words & finally looked up what `safety` meant, -

`safety` -  Gk. word `asphaleia - meaning security, safety.

So there we have it. They are saying "We need peace & security" (peace & safety).

God`s word is so detailed.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C