HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

God considered Abarham a personal friend.

Isa 41:8, But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

God spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.

Exodus 33:11, And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Jesus called Judas His friend.

Psa. 41:9, Yea, mine7 own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted8 up his heel against me.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

It would be very hard to stand as a Christian without also being Jesus' friend. I concider it an honor to be one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 12/5/2016 at 2:44 PM, HAZARD said:

Isa 41:8, But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Exodus 33:11, And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Psa. 41:9, Yea, mine7 own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted8 up his heel against me.

Abraham and Moses were called as friend by God. We also see them called as servants every where else. Without cross, that is the best relationship one could have with God. Through Jesus, we are now called sons and daughters. We are bought at a price. We are heirs. We are called His children. We are no longer just friends. We are His family.

I don't see a connection with this and Judas being called friend. God called him friend, but Judas did not do things a friend would do - betrayal.

1 hour ago, ravindran said:

Abraham and Moses were called as friend by God. We also see them called as servants every where else. Without cross, that is the best relationship one could have with God. Through Jesus, we are now called sons and daughters. We are bought at a price. We are heirs. We are called His children. We are no longer just friends. We are His family.

I don't see a connection with this and Judas being called friend. God called him friend, but Judas did not do things a friend would do - betrayal.

Judas betrayed God and failed to repent and was lost.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man should laid down his life for his friends.

14)  Ye are My friends, if ye do what I command you.

John 15:13-14

Jesus by laying down His life for all, is a friend to all.  But if we are to return his friendship we will follow His command.  In John 15:12 we are told to love one another, and the Apostle John gives us the greatest method of showing our love to the brethren and sisters in the Church in I John 3:16-18, which happens to reads a lot like James 2.  The true love of the Holy Spirit shed in our hearts, Romans 5:5; is the truest sign that we have returned Christ Jesus friendship.  That is the unfeigned love of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, I Peter 1:22.  By showing this love we show that we are the good ground upon which the Seed of the Word fell Luke 8:8' 15, and God promises to not forget us, Hebrews 6:10.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, HAZARD said:

Christ gave Judas all the chances he needed before betraying Him.  Strange how Christ would have chosen someone who He knew would not have a change of heart towards betrayal.  If Judas did have a change of heart, how would have Christ have been handed over?

Edited by delade3

14 hours ago, delade3 said:

Christ gave Judas all the chances he needed before betraying Him.  Strange how Christ would have chosen someone who He knew would not have a change of heart towards betrayal.  If Judas did have a change of heart, how would have Christ have been handed over?

All Judas had to do is repent after he sinned, Judas by transgression fell (Acts 1:25).

Peter had many chances as well. Jesus told Peter he would deny him before men three times.

Jesus said, Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Peter said he would not deny Jesus, in fact he would die before denying him. Peter not only denied Christ three times before men, but he also cursed while doing so. Mark 14:71, But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.

Fortunately Peter wept and repented after denying Christ 3 times as Christ told him he would.

Jesus said, Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.