• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.47
  • Days Won:  0

Source: Nuclear Diamond Battery

A recent scientists study revealed, that cold nuclear wastes can be an effective source of clean energy.  To prove the viability of the idea, experts at Bristol University have created a battery that runs on the radiation wastes.  Researchers have established that if an artificial diamond is placed in close proximity to the radiation source, it allows you to receive current.  Such diamonds can produce current for thousands of years, they can be used on the spacecraft, in implants and other devices where battery with a long period of work is vital.

A diamond battery on radioactive waste, containing 1 gram of carbon 14 can produce 15 Joules daily.  This level of production is theoretically designed for 5,730 years.  Thus, the total energy capacity of the battery recites 2.7 Tera Joules.  And the radiation emanating from them is not more from them than a banana.

The above quote includes my edits for content and grammar.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

From my reading of an article a few days ago on this subject, it has virtually little ability to power anything. Its a battery sure, but not an effective one. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.47
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

From my reading of an article a few days ago on this subject, it has virtually little ability to power anything. Its a battery sure, but not an effective one. 

The thing is, the technology is in its infancy and there's no reason this technology can't be scaled up.  For pacemakers, defibrillators, et al, this seems like a perfect proof of concept field.  My father's life was shortened because the doctors feared another surgery to change the battery in his defibrillator would cause his death.  He died anyway because of cancer.