• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Christianity is the only TRUE religion because it is NOT a religion but a relationship with a Savior who died for the sins of all mankind THEN rose from the dead. Of the major religions in the earth, Christianity is the only one whose MAIN figure is still alive. Allah, whose main prophet is Mohammed, considered Jesus a great teacher. Yet Allah's main prophet is dead and we know where he is buried. Apparently Allah never sent his own son to do anything for mankind, yet wants mankind to die for him.

Bhudda is not alive, unless you consider reincarnation reality. Yet Bhudda achieved total enlightenment and also did nothing for mankind except leave a tremendous legacy. The Hindu gods, the Greek gods, the Egyptian gods all received sacrifices, yet there is no evidence that they ever sacrificed anything for mankind. One by one, as you go down the list of religions, you are struck by the fact that the "gods" are either myths or they are dead.

The Jesus of Christianity came to earth and, according to the Bible, "was tempted in every way we are, yet without sin". He gave up His divinity to live life just like us. He knows how we feel; He experienced temptation just like us. He did not sin, yet He took upon Himself bodily ALL of the combined sin of mankind past, present and future. Yes, Jesus died. But even the Bible says there were more than 500 witnesses of His resurrection and the resurrection is one of the most legally provable facts in history.

No other "religion" has a Savior that did that. No other "religion" has a Savior that is still alive.

And that, sir, is why Christianity is THE ONLY TRUE religion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/5/2016 at 6:11 PM, truths33k3r said:

why is christianity the true religion?

We're to presume you're Christian right? I'll say from that point of view then that I think Christianity is the actual inspired message from God because it just makes sense. 

I was an atheist before. Then a friend gave me this book by a former atheist and reporter, Lee Strobel. Well, it was an audio book, CD type thing? Called, "The Case For Creator". Lee Strobel was an atheist who just couldn't bring himself to accept the same faith his Christian wife had. Then one day he decided to research the whole thing the way he would as a reporter. Through journalistic methods involving facts that support the storyline. 

Anyway, it's a really great book. I prefer audio books because I just don't have the patience for reading books anymore. Whereas , audio type books I can take with me and do stuff and still have the book read to me. 

Great stuff! 

Then I went on my own and got his two other audio's. "The Case For Christ" and "The Case For Faith". 

I started to pray, really study what he'd said, and then one day walked into a local Christian bookstore to look for a bible that seemed to appeal to me. I say I looked for a book that called my name. Weird huh? But if you're me you know what that means. 

I've been a born again Christian for a few years now. And it just fits. I checked out other faiths before and they were kinda dumb. 

I hope that helps you. 

Talk to you on the boards maybe, 

Lemur