• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I suppose one needs to define what religion is, and what true means.

I think of theology, as the study of, or learning about God. How does one do that? We cannot put God under a microscope. We can only know about God, if we directly experience God, or learn from someone trustworthty who has, or if God has revealed Himself to us.

Religion, on the other hand, I think is what people do, to try to reach out to God, or to try to please Him through a system of beliefs and practices.

Anyone can make up a religion, but if it is not factually accurate, then it is not true. Take Scientology. In Scientolog, there was once an evil, intergallactic warlord, who destroyed the souls of his enemies, by nuking them inside a volcano, if memory serves me correctly. I probably to not need to convince you, that there is not a lot of evidence to convince us of that, sounds like a bad science fiction plot.

This takes us back to theology. Has God been revealed to us, is there someone who has made the truth known.

I am going to suggest, that the answer to that is yes, the truth has  been revealed, with actuall evidence that can be examined, and the body of that knowledge, is contained in what we call, the religion of Christianity.

Some will object to that term, and say Christianity, is not a religion, it is a relationship. I would say that is both. Our Bible says in James 1:

26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

There we see that there is a practical side, a practiced side, to religion if it is to have value. Other religions, can promote kindness and good behavior, but unless they are true, they only benefit one in this life, Christianity, the following of Jesus, the Messiah, recognizes that He alone is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that no one come to God without going through Him.

Here is the thing though, it is not evidence, and the understanding of it, that gets one to God. A person comes to God, by faith, not be intellectual understanding alone, and for it to be effective, one has to not only believe (even the Devil believes in God) but to accept God's rightful place as one's king - it requires submission to God.

I have not given a full treatment of this topic, not really scratched the surface, but I imagine others will. I did want to get some points out there, to frame the answer(s) to your question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

According to James 1:27, we read

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Please realize that this passage is addressing someone who is saved.

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Please realize that this passage is addressing someone who is saved.

Of course, it is just pointing out, that faith is not mere belief, it is belief in the right things, put into action, similar to  when he said that faith, without works, is dead!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It is a relationship not so much a religion.  

And for me too it the only one who's "Leaders" grave is empty.  Jesus is alive and sits at the right Hand of His Father.

Religion says you must DO...

Christianity says... It's DONE!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, truths33k3r said:

why is christianity the true religion?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth can the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

There are many different religions and Christianity can be a religion too and very meaningless if you don't have Jesus as your personal Savior !

For me it's the  relationship with Jesus which gives meaning to my life and hope for the the future , no religion can bring you to heaven , only by having a relationship with Jesus you will be  secure  in Him forever.

Many roads will lead you to Rome, one way will lead you to heaven and Jesus is the way,He is the Way,the Life and the Truth !

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.1 John 1:7

Jesus died for your sins and His blood will wash the sinner clean ,no religion has anybody saving you from all your sins ,only Jesus saves!

What is your answer to your question?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As RustyAngeL said, Christianity is unique in that it's the only world religion that says we cannot and should not try to earn our way to salvation. God has already done the good work for us, that we could never do ourselves.

There are many other facets to the question as well. The Bible is so, so, so much more reliable than other religious documents (search "why I choose to believe the bible voddie baucham" on Youtube). It is the foundation of everything, and it's historical accuracy is of key importance. I would start there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, truths33k3r said:

why is christianity the true religion?

I do not believe in a "religion" I believe in a personal daily "relationship" with Jesus Christ. Everyone has to make a choice in our world. Either you ask Jesus Christ into your life and spend an eternity in heaven or you do not and spend an eternity in hell.

• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

11 hours ago, truths33k3r said:

why is Christianity the true religion?

:thumbsup:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings truths33k3r

Welcome to Worthy,what do you believe or is it WHO do you Believe? Since you have posed this question in the "Seekers Lounge" is it safe to assume you are NOT a Believer but a SEEKER?                                                                                                  With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Loved it! 1