Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

is still the best time of year to share the gospel with unbelievers.                                   Remnantrob

Yes indeed..................:amen:

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Remnantrob said:

As pagan as I would consider Christmas to be, it is still the best time of year to share the gospel with unbelievers.  For some reason, people are just more open to hearing good news so I'd recommend believers to utilize the time wisely. 

But aside from being a lie, the claims that Christmas is pagan actually creates an environment that is not conducive to sharing the Gospel with unbelievers.   It re-enforces their view that there is nothing to believe in or take seriously.

And keep in mind that this "Christmas is pagan" nonsense is part of a large narrative that states that the entire life, death and resurrection of Jesus is a rehash of ancient pagan mythology.   So spreading the idea that Christmas is pagan is really working against the Gospel presentation. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

10 hours ago, Giller said:

Oh well I will let you say what you want Shiloh, but I do not agree with your assertion.

Their needs to be the fear of God in our midst.

Which is very much lacking.

We go by the word of God, even if it hurts us to the very core.

His point was that the word "church" comes from the word used for a pagan religious meeting place, not for a group of people assembling together.

(For the record, Strong's will tell you how a word is used or has been translated in English, but it is not the source to use as a Greek/Hebrew to English translation dictionary.)

There is no justification for calling the body of believers or a congregation a word that means a religious meeting place. But it is one of many pagan root words that have crept into our Christian norms, just as their are other "Christian" traditions whose roots an origins are in pagan religions rather than of Biblical origin. Why pick on one as being sinful (Christmas) while neglecting and defending others (the use of the word "church")?

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I could see it as an issue of conscience if there was any truth to the "Christmas is pagan" claims.  The problem is that there is no truth to them.   It's all contrived.   So it is really not the same as choosing between secular vs. religious/Christian music.   It is a difference between falling for a lot of history revisionism and false claims vs. the Truth. 

I can appreciate your convictions. However, my journey out of legalism has been teaching me that I can't force my beliefs and convictions on others. God may have a reason for her to separate herself from the Christmas celebration that we can't see. (I recall Yod feeling conviction to pull away from such being a minister to the Messianic believers and unsaved Jews as an example of such). 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, nebula said:

I can appreciate your convictions. However, my journey out of legalism has been teaching me that I can't force my beliefs and convictions on others. God may have a reason for her to separate herself from the Christmas celebration that we can't see. (I recall Yod feeling conviction to pull away from such being a minister to the Messianic believers and unsaved Jews as an example of such). 

Someone might have personal reasons for not celebrating Christmas.  I can appreciate that, and that's fine.   But to call Christmas wicked is different.  To call it pagan or wicked are objective claims, not personal ones.   If those claims are not true, then they are not true.    Personal feelings don't overrule what is or is not true. 

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Someone might have personal reasons for not celebrating Christmas.  I can appreciate that, and that's fine.   But to call Christmas wicked is different.  To call it pagan or wicked are objective claims, not personal ones.   If those claims are not true, then they are not true.    Personal feelings don't overrule what is or is not true. 

Fair enough.

My bottom line point is that both sides really ought to ease up on each other.

But that does take both sides to accept each other's convictions as acceptable convictions. Hmmm....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I hope you all noticed that I am staying out of this years discussion.....   fruitless, it is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 minutes ago, nebula said:

Fair enough.

My bottom line point is that both sides really ought to ease up on each other.

But that does take both sides to accept each other's convictions as acceptable convictions. Hmmm....

People turned Christmas pagan when it became materialistic. When a person feels that they have failed their child by not being able to deliver a Tickle Me Elmo to the underside of a tree, then Christ has been excluded from the festivities.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

I look at Christmas as a day to celebrate the  birth of Jesus...I like it myself...Weather or not it was the day of birth or not...God looks at the Heart and God knows i see it as a special day to celebrate  Jesus's birth. 

Edited by shanee
add a word

1 hour ago, Giller said:

(Christmas is not in the bible).

Neither are altar calls.

Or pastor-centric churches.

Or changing the Sabbath from the last day of the week to the first day of the week.

Or....