SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

There has been much discussion about the differences between the Christian Canon of Scripture, and the Roman Catholic Canon of Scripture.  The article hyperlinked should clear some of the confusion.

Source: The Canon of Scripture and How Did We Get It

The Roman Catholic Canon contains extra books.  The ten "books interpreted in the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures) were rejected because of the strict guidelines for canon: books must have conformed to the Torah, and had to have been written in Palestine, in Hebrew, and not after the time of Ezra (about 400 BC). Although the Catholic Bible today includes the Apocrypha, the vast majority of Hebrew scholars considered them to be good historical and religious documents, but not on the same level as the inspired Hebrew Scriptures. The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in 1947, have a few minor differences, but they are remarkably similar to the accepted Hebrew Scriptures we have today."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

LOL,Okay you know what you are going to get here......more of the same discussion as we have been through a lot but I have to hand it to you,you are a patient man...God Bless you................praying this discussion will be a good one with love,kindness,patience,understanding,compassion and seeking guidance from our Lord!

With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

LOL,Okay you know what you are going to get here

Yeah.  Someone will bring a cannon to the canon.:laugh:

Now a few words about the Apocrypha.  The Roman Catholics who claim the Apocrypha was in the Christian Bible from beginning are not telling you the whole truth.  To get the full, unbiased story, read the following:

Source: The Truth about the Apocrypha

We will also be discussing the Pseudo Apocrypha, the so called "Lost Books of the Bible" from the Gnostics, and maybe will touch on some other books like 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, 3 Enoch, The Book of Giants, Jubilees, and Jasher.

:24:  Oh Brother,you always make me smile,good one.....let us pray for gentleness here.....PEACE,much Peace

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

:24:  Oh Brother,you always make me smile,good one.....let us pray for gentleness here.....PEACE,much Peace

Since most of us are Christians here, I'm sure we'll have pieces everywhere, er, I mean peace.

:DLaughter is good medicine....just what I needed today,I love you guys!!!!:emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 1

Very good read Brother,very good(http://www.bibletruths.net/Archives/BTARO12.htm.).....I do hope it gives cause for (at the very least)consideration

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

48 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There has been much discussion about the differences between the Christian Canon of Scripture, and the Roman Catholic Canon of Scripture.  The article hyperlinked should clear some of the confusion.

Source: The Canon of Scripture and How Did We Get It

The Roman Catholic Canon contains extra books.  The ten "books interpreted in the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures) were rejected because of the strict guidelines for canon: books must have conformed to the Torah, and had to have been written in Palestine, in Hebrew, and not after the time of Ezra (about 400 BC). Although the Catholic Bible today includes the Apocrypha, the vast majority of Hebrew scholars considered them to be good historical and religious documents, but not on the same level as the inspired Hebrew Scriptures. The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in 1947, have a few minor differences, but they are remarkably similar to the accepted Hebrew Scriptures we have today."

I find the Septuagint interesting for just about everything I read says that is what was in use during Jesus's stay here by most people.  It's my understanding that when Jesus quoted the Old Testament he quoted the Septuagint 90% of the time.

8 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

:DLaughter is good medicine....just what I needed today,I love you guys!!!!:emot-heartbeat:

I'm just getting started.  Wait until we get into the Pseudo Apocrypha.  I'm reading from a Jewish website now about the Apocrypha and Pseudo Apocrypha from their standpoint.  I just need to make sure they're looking at it from a conservative viewpoint before I post a link. 

I worked with one engineer who after I became a Christian, he started reading and studying the so-called lost books of the Bible.  He was a very strange dude to say the least, but he had a good if not macabre sense of humor.