IGNORED

Babylon, the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained.

Revelation Man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

I will explain what the Lord has shown me recently, I blogged a blog 8 months ago and in the blog I stated that Rev. 17:18 was speaking of Rome,(from my perspective) within 2 months God had Revealed to me who Babylon was, who the Beast is and who the Harlot is. My opinion is my opinion, I never allow it to supersede God's revelation, in other words I do not hold on to the pride of my opinion. If you want to know who the Harlot, Beast and Babylon is read on.

To start with it is not a City, it is not Rome, Babylon proper, Jerusalem, NYC, it is not the RCC, Mecca or America. HINT: The Harlot and Babylon are two different entities. There is also NO MYSTERY BABYLON, I do not understand why we continue to say this, the Angel in 17:7 says this: Rev. 17: 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel ? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Since the Angel says I will explain the Mystery of the woman (Harlot) and the beast she rides (Seven Headed Beast) why do we insist that it is still a Mystery and why do we not understand that in Rev. 17:8-18 the Angel explains the Mystery to us ? Why do we miss what is in plain site ? Mystery (Musterion) in the Greek means Secret by Gods Silence, once God reveals the Secret/Mystery, it is no longer a Mystery.

The Seven Headed Beast is explained by the Angel first, many people say it sits on 7 hills, when the passage has nothing to do with hills or location, it is speaking of Seven Rulers who arise, we understand this because in the very next verse it speaks about the Seven Kings. So she sits on Seven Mountains which = Seven Rulers just like the Seven Heads = Seven Kingdoms. Then the Angel says Five have fallen, ONE IS, and one is YET TO COME. This is where we have to use our intelligence a wee bit. Who are these Kings ? Well we see in Rev. 13 when this Seven Headed Beast is described that the Beasts of Daniel are included, the Lion (Babylon) Bear (Persia) and Leopard (Greece) along with Rome of course as the fierce Beast/Dragon. So we are searching for the other three heads, who can they possibly be ? What is the commonality of the Beasts/Heads that are mentioned ? They each Conquered, Enslaved or Ruled Israel, that is what made them a "BEAST", so we need to go through history and find the other three common Beasts/Heads. Well lets see, after a little thought we should get this fairly easily, Egypt and Assyria Conquered/Enslaved Israel, and the Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings will according to prophecy Conquer Israel (Abomination of Desolation). So lets add this up, and see what the Angel has revealed to us.

Five Kings have fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Greece) ONE IS (Rome of course was Ruling Israel when John wrote Revelation) and one is YET TO COME (The Anti-Christ and his 10 Kings). We understand the Beast with Seven Heads now. This is why the USSR, China, the United States and even the British Empire or Ottoman Empire can not be a Beast or one of the Seven Heads, they never Conquered Israel, while Israel/PEOPLE were in the land. The Brits ruled Palestine as did the Ottoman Empire, but God dispersed Israel all over the World, this was why Ezekiel prophesied that Israel would be as "Dead Men's Bones" but we know those dead men's bones came Alive again in 1948, so after Rome, and up until 1948, there could be no Beast, because there was no Israel in the land. The Seven Headed Beast is revealed. 

Now what does the Angel say about the Harlot/Woman ? Well firstly it says the Water she sat on is Peoples, Nations, Tongues and Multitudes. So right off the bat we understand she is Worldwide. A key is in Rev. 17:16 the Kings in league with the Beast destroy her, but why after all these years of being co-mingled together do they burn her and destroy her ? Because she is ALL FALSE RELIGION, and the Anti-Christ right after the Abomination of Desolation will demand to be Worshiped as the ONLY GOD !! The Anti-Christ will come after Israel, who flees to the Wilderness where God protects them for 1260 days (Rev. 12), he then comes after Christians who became Christians after the Rapture to Behead them, and he will destroy Islam, Buddhism and all Religions. He demands worship as the ONLY GOD !! Remember, the Harlot is Judged, this is a Chapter that Judges her. False Religion has the blood of the Saints AND the Martyrs on its hands.

Ever wonder why the Harlot is HATED by the Kings but when Babylon is destroyed the Kings Cry and Lament her demise ? Because they are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES !! Babylon is False Government and the Harlot is False Religion. People then say "but what about Rev. 17:18" that verse calls her a city ? Well the Angel was only reminding John what he SAW, and the vision was what ? A woman with four things imprinted on her head, MYSTERY, Babylon the Great, Abominations of the Earth and Mother of Harlots. The Angel just reminded John that she was BABYLON the Mother of FALSE RELIGIONS. Not a City, but a MEMORY which is repulsive to God the Father. Proof of this is in Rev. 16.  

There really is no Rev. 17 and 18, Rev. 16 comes right before Rev. 19. Rev. 17 is only the Harlot {False Religion} being destroyed and that happens in Rev. 6 and 7, and Rev. 18 is only Babylon or the Last Beast Head of the Seven Headed Beast coming against Israel, getting the plagues of God rained down on them via the Trumpets and the Vials of God. Rev. 17 and 18 are just an enhanced retelling of things already told, thus in Rev. 16 we are told, IT IS DONE !! 

In Rev. 16 the 6th Vial gathers the Nations against Israel (Anti-Christ/10 Kings which is Europe and the Kings of the East) and we know who meets them at Meggido don't we ? Jesus our Lord. After he lands on the Mt. of Olives (Zechariah 14) and splits it into (Earthquake). Rev. 16 tells it like this:

Rev. 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. 17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. (IT IS DONE !! No Rev. 17 or Rev. 18 exists per se.)

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts (Earthquake splits Jerusalem), and the cities of the nations fell: (BABYLON) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 

So we see here that BABYLON is only a MEMORY, God sees the Nations that come against Israel as BABYLON, and gives them the fierceness of his wrath. Of course Jesus lands on the Mt. of Olives and destroys those Nations that come against Israel, that is their demise. God Judges False Religion or the Harlot in Rev 17:16, she is no more after this. This happens when the Anti-Christ places an Image of himself in the Temple and demands all to Worship him, at the MID-WAY POINT or in Rev. 6 and 7.

Babylon is destroyed by Gods plagues, Babylon is the Nations that come against Israel (the World) and God destroys her with His Plagues, which are the Seals/Trumpets and Vials. Babylons commerce is no doubt destroyed, that is what plagues do. Babylon is the habitation of Devils, Satan has been cast to earth and Apollyon and his horde of demons have been released from the pit in Rev. 9. The BOTTOM LINE IS :

The Harlot is FALSE RELIGION

Babylon is FALSE GOVERNMENT that tries to destroy Gods people, come after His authority, and deny His Godhead. It is not a City, it represents all that God sees as EVIL.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It's written "she sitteth on many waters", that would suggest it's a rather large kingdom spanning many countries

"she's drunk with the blood of the saints" so she has killed many saints.

"she wears the colors purple and scarlet" those colors are only applied to 1 area of the world where people wear that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 12/9/2016 at 4:03 PM, Revelation Man said:

Babylon is FALSE GOVERNMENT that tries to destroy Gods people, come after His authority, and deny His Godhead. It is not a City, it represents all that God sees as EVIL.

How do you relate the verse below or how what do you see as the  being "drunk with the wine of her fornication." ?    I think rev.17 and 18  are key chapters to end time prophecy's.  I have read so much on this, that i forgot where my bearings are on it, and still can't come  to a conclusion, therefore the mystery.   Are any of this spiritual or all literal identities.? 

Revelation 17King James Version (KJV)

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

KJV, Rev. 17:1, And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

"that sitteth upon many waters:"

The beast which the woman rides is the 8th kingdom, made up of the many waters or peoples inside the old Roman territory (V. 1, 3, 11, 15). Since the beast itself is the kingdom, the woman must be religion dominating the kingdoms until she is destroyed by it (V. 12-17).

According to many Bible scholars and historians the great whore is identified as a great religious system, the Roman Catholic Church, which they claim will fulfil Rev. 17 and dominate the Antichrist for a short time during his rise over the ten kings and until the middle of the Week. Then the beast and the ten kings will destroy her (Rev. 17:9-17).

Even catholic divines admit Rev. 17 is a description of their church. (See the writings of Cardinal Ballarmine and the French Prelate. Boussuet.)

She has a name on her forehead, MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT.

"THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS" Rev. 17:5. This name is certainly appropriate to Romanism. Hundreds of different branches of Christendom have been formed since the reformation. The word HARLOTS no doubt refers to these branches which will become more apostate as the age ends and will finally become united with Rome again to fulfil this revelation of things after the churches. Many churches are looking to Rome even now.

THE MOTHER OF ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Rev. 17:5. This is very appropriate of Romanism. The many abominations started and practices by the ancient Babylonian cult and her present successor go far to identify this woman as a symbol of Romanism.

THE GREAT WHORE. Rev. 17: 1-2. She is called this because of her illicit intercourse with the kings of the Earth in religious practices and superstitions, and which give her influence over the nations of the ten kings.

And there are many more examples!!!!!

Even the attire worn by her clergy. Rev. 17:4. Scarlet is the color of Romanism, being reserved for the Pope and his cardinals. This religious denomination is the richest on Earth as pictured in this verse.

The drunkenness of this whore proves her to be Romanism. Rev. 17:6-7. This finger of accusation is no mere accident. While it refers to the martyrdom of saints "after the churches," by Romanism, still is it not common knowledge that this same persecution has gone on in past ages? It has been estimated that more than 200,000,000, people have been slain by Romanism in the past. These terrible days of persecution will come again, at least after the rapture of the church, and before Christ comes to the earth (Rev. 6: 9-11; 7:9-17.

7 hours ago, warrior12 said:

How do you relate the verse below or how what do you see as the  being "drunk with the wine of her fornication." ?    I think rev.17 and 18  are key chapters to end time prophecy's.  I have read so much on this, that i forgot where my bearings are on it, and still can't come  to a conclusion, therefore the mystery.   Are any of this spiritual or all literal identities.? 

Revelation 17King James Version (KJV)

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Hello Brother, remember the Lord told about the New Wine when he spoke to his disciples about the Holy Spirit. So, likewise when people serve Satan, or False Religions, they are seen as partaking in or drinking the Wine if her Fornication.  The perfect illustration of this is seen in Daniel chapter 5:1-5, where Belshazzar had a great feast, and he brought forth the golden and silver vessels or chalices that Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the Temple of God, and DRANK WINE FROM THEM, unto his gods !!

Daniel 5:3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them. 4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone

5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

26 This is the interpretation of the thing: Mene; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. 27 Tekel; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

So just as God judged Babylon here, for her Harlotry, the Rev. 17 passage is showing that God is also going to JUDGE the Harlot (False Religious Institutions) for worshiping False gods also. MENE, MENE, TEKEL, the Harolot will be judged, Rev. 17:16 says the Kings will burn her and destroy her. 

As per their identities, the Harlot represents all False Religious Institutions, and Babylon is a "CODE WORD" for the Anti-Christ, his 10 Kings and the Nations they entice to come against Israel at Meggido. God was not going to reveal the playbook and say, Italy, Germany, Rome, Spain etc. etc. are going to come against Israel, so he called her BABYLON.....

44 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The beast which the woman rides is the 8th kingdom, made up of the many waters or peoples inside the old Roman territory (V. 1, 3, 11, 15). Since the beast itself is the kingdom, the woman must be religion dominating the kingdoms until she is destroyed by it (V. 12-17).

Well as you can see in my other posts, I disagree with the RCC angle entirely, so I will just reply to this part here. The 8th King is more Akin to Jesus being OUR KING, the Church is the Body of Christ. There will be NO HUMAN 8TH KING, John is just revealing who all 7 of these Beast Kingdoms SERVED, an 8th, who is Satan. who was of the Seven. The Reason this MAN is called a Beast is because the Anti-Christ Conquers Israel. Not because he is Satan, or a devil. Notice in Revelation 20:10, Satan is called THE DEVIL, and the man cast into hell is called THE BEAST.

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire (after the 1000 years in the pit) and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The MAN is the BEAST.....Anti-Christ, not Satan.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The city Babylon was built by Nimrod, the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his Queen, Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission to this cult, one was compelled to drink of "mysterious beverages," which says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indespensible on the part of those who saught initation into these mysteries. The "mysterious beverages' were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and untill the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear. The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This has been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret of the power of the priests over the lives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted, men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrians, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontif or High Priest whos word was final in all things in thelives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived. The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female or Queen of Heaven, and her Son. The last two were only objects of worship, as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affaires (Nimrod 111, Page 239). This system is believed to have come from fallen angels and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogmas. Much more can be said but to simplify things, Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was elected to the office of Supreme Pontif. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made suchin 366 A. D. through influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So, in 378 A. D., the babylonian system of religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became babylonish, and under him, the heathen temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus, the currupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, is called by God "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT."

The first practice that grew up after this union was the introduction of the worship of the saints, especially of the virgin Mary. Thousands of pagans entered the church in those days who were accustomed to worshiping the gods of towns and places, who were not thoroughly Christianized. The veneration of saints and holy men became a worship. Saints were considered lesser dieties, whos intercession availed with God. Places connected with the lives of holy men were considered sacred and pilgrimages were started. Relics or bones of saints were believed to have miraculous power. The worship of the virgin Mary was set up in 381 A. D., three years after Damasus became bead of the Babylonian Cult.

Just as the Babylonian cult worshiped the "Queen of Heaven and her Son" and did not worship the Supreme Father because he simply did not interfere with mortal affairs, so the Roman Chrurch has a similar worship in that they worship Mary as the mother of God and her Son. The image of mother and child was an object of worship in Babylon long before Christ was born. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth. The original mother was Semiramis, the beautiful queen of Nimrod, who was a paragon of unbridled lust and licentiousness.

In the "mysteries," which she had the chief part in forming, she was worshiped as Rhea (Chronicon Paschal, Volume 1, Page 65), the great "Mother of the God's" with such atrocious rites as identified her with Venus, the mother of all impurity. She raised Babylon, where she reigned to eminence among the nations as the great seat idolatry and consecrated prostetution (Hesiod, Theogonia, Volume 36, Page 435). The apocalyptic emblem of the harlot with cup in hand was one of idolatry derived from ancient Babylon, as they were exhibited in Greece, for thus the Greek Venus was originally represented (Herodotus, Historia, Book 1, cap. 199, Page 92).

Ironicilly the Roman Church has taken this as her emblem. In 1825 a medal was struck bearing the image of Pope Leo X11 on one side and on the other side Rome symbolized by a woman with a cross in her left hand and a cup in her right hand and a legend around her "Sedet Super Universum"; that is, "The whole world is her seat."

From this original practice, practically all nations have copied a similar worship, but in each land the same figure is carried out under different names. In Egypt the mother and child are known as Isis and Osiris; in India, Isi and Iswara; in Eastern Asia, Cybel and Deoius; in pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiter-puer; In Greece, Ceres or as Irene with Plutus in arms, etc. In Thibet, China, and Japan the Jesuits were suprised to find the counterpart of the madonna (the Italian name for virgin) and her child as devoutly worshiped as in Rome itself. Shing Moo, the mother of China, is there represented with child in her arms and a glory around her exactly as if a Roman artist had paintd her. Where did these nations get this common worship if not from Babylon before the dispersion by God in the days of Nimrod (Gen. 11). Thus the worship of Mary in connection with her Son is of Babylonian origin for there is no mention of such worshipin Scripture.

The Beast out of the Earth (Rev. 13:11-17).
This individual, or second beast, is here mentioned for the first time and all that is given concerning him in the Bible is recorded in Revelation. He is called "the false prophet" in Rev. 16:13; 19:20; 20:10, which are the only other passages that mention him. He is to be a prophet, but a false one; a prophet of Antichrist, not Christ. In Rev. 16:13 he is seen with the beast and dragon as sending forth the demon spirits to gather nations to Armageddon. In Rev. 19:20 he is seen as being the mirical-working co-laborer and leader of the nations along with the first beast as he came against Christ at Armageddon. The doom of this second beast will be torment in the lake of fire forever along with the first beast, the dragon, and all rebellious creatures (Rev. 20:10).

The beast out of the earth [world] will tell Earth dwellers to make an image to the frist beast. The image will be made and set up in the temple of God to be worshiped (Matt. 24:15). He will have the power to give life to this image that is should both speak and cause all who will not worship it to be killed. This will be a wonderful sign in itself, that a material image should be given power to speak and act (Rev. 13:14, 15).

This second beast will cause all classes to recieve brands in their right hands or in their forheads, that no man might buy or sell except those who have them (Rev. 13:16-18). This will result in martyrdome of most of the "great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations" (Rev. 7:9-17; 13:7; 14:13; 15:2, 3; 20:4). In the worship of the first beast and his image, men will be so devoted as to say, "Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" This reveals the worship will be both political and religious (Rev. 13:14). It will not be a willing worship on the part of many, for force will be used to make them worship. The worship will be of such an apostate nature as to pronounce eternal doom to all who partake (Rev. 14:9-11). Many men will throw overboard all faith in God and Christ, and become servants of the devil, and be controlled by demon spirits to such an extent as to be past redemption.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, HAZARD said:

The city Babylon was built by Nimrod, the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his Queen, Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission to this cult, one was compelled to drink of "mysterious beverages," which says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indespensible on the part of those who saught initation into these mysteries. The "mysterious beverages' were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and untill the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear. The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This has been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret of the power of the priests over the lives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted, men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrians, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontif or High Priest whos word was final in all things in thelives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived. The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female or Queen of Heaven, and her Son. The last two were only objects of worship, as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affaires (Nimrod 111, Page 239). This system is believed to have come from fallen angels and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogmas. Much more can be said but to simplify things, Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was elected to the office of Supreme Pontif. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made suchin 366 A. D. through influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So, in 378 A. D., the babylonian system of religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became babylonish, and under him, the heathen temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus, the currupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, is called by God "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT."

The first practice that grew up after this union was the introduction of the worship of the saints, especially of the virgin Mary. Thousands of pagans entered the church in those days who were accustomed to worshiping the gods of towns and places, who were not thoroughly Christianized. The veneration of saints and holy men became a worship. Saints were considered lesser dieties, whos intercession availed with God. Places connected with the lives of holy men were considered sacred and pilgrimages were started. Relics or bones of saints were believed to have miraculous power. The worship of the virgin Mary was set up in 381 A. D., three years after Damasus became bead of the Babylonian Cult.

Just as the Babylonian cult worshiped the "Queen of Heaven and her Son" and did not worship the Supreme Father because he simply did not interfere with mortal affairs, so the Roman Chrurch has a similar worship in that they worship Mary as the mother of God and her Son. The image of mother and child was an object of worship in Babylon long before Christ was born. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth. The original mother was Semiramis, the beautiful queen of Nimrod, who was a paragon of unbridled lust and licentiousness.

In the "mysteries," which she had the chief part in forming, she was worshiped as Rhea (Chronicon Paschal, Volume 1, Page 65), the great "Mother of the God's" with such atrocious rites as identified her with Venus, the mother of all impurity. She raised Babylon, where she reigned to eminence among the nations as the great seat idolatry and consecrated prostetution (Hesiod, Theogonia, Volume 36, Page 435). The apocalyptic emblem of the harlot with cup in hand was one of idolatry derived from ancient Babylon, as they were exhibited in Greece, for thus the Greek Venus was originally represented (Herodotus, Historia, Book 1, cap. 199, Page 92).

Ironicilly the Roman Church has taken this as her emblem. In 1825 a medal was struck bearing the image of Pope Leo X11 on one side and on the other side Rome symbolized by a woman with a cross in her left hand and a cup in her right hand and a legend around her "Sedet Super Universum"; that is, "The whole world is her seat."

From this original practice, practically all nations have copied a similar worship, but in each land the same figure is carried out under different names. In Egypt the mother and child are known as Isis and Osiris; in India, Isi and Iswara; in Eastern Asia, Cybel and Deoius; in pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiter-puer; In Greece, Ceres or as Irene with Plutus in arms, etc. In Thibet, China, and Japan the Jesuits were suprised to find the counterpart of the madonna (the Italian name for virgin) and her child as devoutly worshiped as in Rome itself. Shing Moo, the mother of China, is there represented with child in her arms and a glory around her exactly as if a Roman artist had paintd her. Where did these nations get this common worship if not from Babylon before the dispersion by God in the days of Nimrod (Gen. 11). Thus the worship of Mary in connection with her Son is of Babylonian origin for there is no mention of such worshipin Scripture.

The Beast out of the Earth (Rev. 13:11-17).
This individual, or second beast, is here mentioned for the first time and all that is given concerning him in the Bible is recorded in Revelation. He is called "the false prophet" in Rev. 16:13; 19:20; 20:10, which are the only other passages that mention him. He is to be a prophet, but a false one; a prophet of Antichrist, not Christ. In Rev. 16:13 he is seen with the beast and dragon as sending forth the demon spirits to gather nations to Armageddon. In Rev. 19:20 he is seen as being the mirical-working co-laborer and leader of the nations along with the first beast as he came against Christ at Armageddon. The doom of this second beast will be torment in the lake of fire forever along with the first beast, the dragon, and all rebellious creatures (Rev. 20:10).

The beast out of the earth [world] will tell Earth dwellers to make an image to the frist beast. The image will be made and set up in the temple of God to be worshiped (Matt. 24:15). He will have the power to give life to this image that is should both speak and cause all who will not worship it to be killed. This will be a wonderful sign in itself, that a material image should be given power to speak and act (Rev. 13:14, 15).

This second beast will cause all classes to recieve brands in their right hands or in their forheads, that no man might buy or sell except those who have them (Rev. 13:16-18). This will result in martyrdome of most of the "great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations" (Rev. 7:9-17; 13:7; 14:13; 15:2, 3; 20:4). In the worship of the first beast and his image, men will be so devoted as to say, "Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" This reveals the worship will be both political and religious (Rev. 13:14). It will not be a willing worship on the part of many, for force will be used to make them worship. The worship will be of such an apostate nature as to pronounce eternal doom to all who partake (Rev. 14:9-11). Many men will throw overboard all faith in God and Christ, and become servants of the devil, and be controlled by demon spirits to such an extent as to be past redemption.

Pretty much Pharisee propaganda.

Granted the RCC has had its traditions of men like ALL religious systems on earth have, Christianity on the whole became widespread because of the RCC. The Protestant rebellion showed problems the RCC system had fallen to, but Rome still had a huge part in spreading The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So those who keep trying to compare the RCC with the Babylon harlot of Revelation don't know what they are talking about, and pull out a lot old writings that contained fabrications in them even back to old times!

The oldest know religion of history indeed began in the area of Babylon, but it wasn't Babylon, it was Sumer. The Assyrian Tablets tell the history of the ancient Sumerians who lived a primitive lifestyle until Sargon I, a Semite, suddenly appeared among them, and gave them knowledge of agriculture, canal building, and built the first city there (Urech?). His death mask is in the British museum. The Assyrian tablets go on to reveal that he started the first religious worship of Bel, and they called him 'son of the dragon'. I strongly believe that was Cain, and ancient Sumer was the "land of Nod" of Genesis. In their records is also a parallel account of the creation (but it is a paganized version, mysterious and not understandable in parts).

It was Sumer when the "mystery school" type cult began. It continued to ancient Babylon and Assyria, and then to all the lands of history. Indeed the western pagan worship in pagan Rome, Greece, and Scandinavia were based on the old Baal worship.

And it's also true that the men of the "greater mysteries" that exist in control over the 'mystery schools' follow and worship Lucifer, while the lower members are not aware that's who they are being taught to follow and worship. Like God showed at the end of Genesis 3 that He would put emnity between the Seed of the Woman, and the devil's seed, that is still what all this is about today.

The harlot of Revelation 17 is a "great city" we are told in the very last verse. It is NOT a religious system.

The "great city" is Jerusalem we are shown in Revelation 11:8 where our Lord Jesus was crucified. Christ is giving a comparison about Jerusalem like the one The Father gave in Ezekiel 16 regarding Jerusalem falling to false worship and thus playing the spiritual harlot against Him. God even first mentions how Jerusalem was originally the pagan city Jebus, a possession of the pagan Jebusites which God told Israel to destroy in Deut.20.

For the end, when the pseudo-Messiah of Matt.24:23-26 shows up in Jerusalem, and initiates idol worship and does great signs, wonders, and miracles to fool those who will into worshiping him as God, that will cause the city of Jerusalem to become a pagan harlot city once again. Jerusalem has been sieged 27 times in history by the Gentiles, and Revelation 11:1-2 is showing us it will be sieged one final time at the end by the Gentiles, and their reign there will be for 42 months, the same time the dragon of Rev.13 is to have power over the saints.

Getting you to focus on Rome for the end is a Pharisee trick. It's purpose is to get you away from looking at the events getting ready to happen in Jerusalem for the end of this world, as Revelation actually shows.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, Salty said:

So those who keep trying to compare the RCC with the Babylon harlot of Revelation don't know what they are talking about, and pull out a lot old writings that contained fabrications in them even back to old times!

Actually the Reformers were the first to equate the RCC with Mystery Babylon, and they did know what they were talking about.  No amount of revisionist nonsense will change the fact that the RCC was corrupted with paganism and idolatry.  It would be far more honest for Catholic apologists to frankly admit this and then move forward (which would mean move out).

37 minutes ago, HexHammer said:

That doesn't make sense, how can false religions kill saints and martyrs?

There has been false religions since dawn of many, so why bother mention them at the very end of the holy scribtures in Book of Revelation? That doesn't make sense.

How can false religions have gold, precious stones and pearls? 

Go read the Old Testament, the reason God rebuked Israel time and again was because they served false gods, and killed the prophets of God (or Saints). And Remember Jesus words: Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. 

So wold the Kings/Jews of Israel have slain the prophets if they had been serving God instead of false gods ? The Romans killed many Christians who would not adhere to their Religious tests, crucified and burned them. If they had served God, the REAL GOD, would they have killed them ? Well of course not. They served Satan, and all of the false god. 

The claim is that the Harlot has the blood of the Saints AND the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands, not that they are the only blood on her hands, they killed others no doubt, but nevertheless, False Religion (Harlot) has the blood of the Saints and the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. Look at it like this, if every person in the world for the last 4000 years served the TRUE GOD, we would not have had people killing the Prophets when thy brought forth Gods word, and we wouldn't have had people worshiping false gods (demons) all over the world, and thinking Christians were evil. Now there will be branches of "Christian churches" that are part of the False Religious system, like the SDA and Mormons, and the hierarchy of the RCC can also be a part of this Harlot, but the largest part of this Harlot is ISLAM...........Remember, the Harlot is DESTROYED/BURNED in Rev. 17:16 by the Kings in league with the Beast, BUT in Rev. 18 when Babylon is burned/Destroyed, the Kings CRY and LAMENT her destruction.  

Why do the Kings Destroy all of these Religions and DOES IT FIT ? Well, the Anti-Christ wants to be worshiped as GOD, the ONLY GOD, thus Islam will have no place in his world, neither will Buddhism, Christianity, or Judaism. That is why the Anti-Christ defiles the Temple, and Israel flees into the Wilderness for 1260 days (Rev 12), that is why he Beheads the Christians. The Kings and the Beast (Babylon/Gov) destroy the Harlot (False Religion) because this Anti-Christ has no room for them in his world, he MAGNIFIES HIMSELF ABOVE ALL. 

The reason God mentions them at the end or in Rev. 17, is because of what the very first verse says, the Harlot is being Judged !! Revelation 17:1  And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: So she is DESTROYED, God has JUDGED HER HERE !! That is why she is mentioned. She is no more after 17:16, verse 17 says God placed it in their hearts to do His will. BUT...It was already in the Anti-Christs heart, he wants to be GOD !! Just like Lucifer wanted to be like the most high God.

As per how can False Religions have gold, precious stones and pearls....Have you ever read Daniel chapter 5 where Belshazzar brought out the Gold and Silver vessels that Nebuchadnezzar took from the Temple of God, and they drank WINE out of Gods vessels, and the had a huge Feast, where thousands celebrated and drank WINE from those Holy Vessels, and that very day was when the Handwriting on the wall happened, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, basically, your Kingdom has been found wanting, and has been taken from you this very day. 

Daniel 5:3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.

4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

26 This is the interpretation of the thing: Mene; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.27 Tekel; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

This is a picture of the Harlot being Judged, John used this to show the Harlots Judgment in Revelation 17........Notice how it matches up here Rev. 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication

John used the Old Testament to give us CLUES to what Revelation means, we just have to search out these meanings.