• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

13 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Stan.....are you actually asking Omegaman if he knows the rules?,,,,,Have you read our Terms of Service?Did you happen to notice he is a Board Moderator? And also,according to those terms,,,,,

And guess who willl tell you what they are when & if they do change?      I won't participate,I don't like to see anyone be disrespected,least of all our Worthy Servants

Of course it's your choice, but I guess you have no compunction when moderators disrespect members instead of dealing with the actual topic? A bit of a double standard don't you think, when the Bible says we are to submit ourselves one to another?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

On 12/10/2016 at 2:51 PM, StanJ said:

following link would have taken much less space & time and accomplished the same thing.

https://www.calvinistcorner.com/tulip.htm

Your link had 974 words, Omegaman's has 342 words. You think that the link which you provided takes less space, how is that, just because it uses a smaller type face? Or are you just saying that it takes up less space to provide a link to things other people write, than to take the time to write something original?

Toodles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

2 hours ago, MissTury said:

Your link had 974 words, Omegaman's has 342 words. You think that the link which you provided takes less space, how is that, just because it uses a smaller type face? Or are you just saying that it takes up less space to provide a link to things other people write, than to take the time to write something original?

Webspace is money and it takes less web space to post a link here than it does to write it all down when it is already written somewhere else, and to quote an old adage, there is nothing new Under the Sun. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

9 minutes ago, StanJ said:

Webspace is money and it takes less web space to post a link here than it does to write it all down when it is already written somewhere else, and to quote an old adage, there is nothing new Under the Sun. 

Post a link or post the entire content, bring it on!  We all repeat ourselves repeatedly here anyway!  Or we repeat entire threads also repeatedly, it is good to converse!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Well, guys,

I'm locking this thread. I have reviewed multiple reports on it, including a request by Ome for me to review his posts. I came very close to deleting this thread before there was a single reply yesterday after reading the OP and the hostility with which the case was presented. Perhaps it is not best to start a discussion on what is already a contentious topic with threats and assumptions on behavior? At any rate, there are many calvinist threads already and there are still opportunities to start calvinist threads in a constructive manner. As Ome said, I am not a calvinist, and he is. We have had many discussions and debates on it over the years (going back to before i was a moderator at all and before he was a forum moderator) and never once have we let it divide us as brothers. Perhaps taking an approach of careful consideration and seeking common ground as opposed to immediately seeking division would be the most profitable way to go about a topic such as this. Pro 18:19 A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city, And contentions are like the bars of a castle. There is a point where constructive discussion turns into contention and then offense. People pretty much stop listening to each other at that point and either take to insults or talking over each other. Again, the way it started, didn't give it much of a chance.

At any rate, I digress. This topic is locked indefinitely.

God bless,

Steve