Sign in to follow this  
Sing40King

Home Made Sloppy Joes

Last summer I took a cooking class to learn to cook and help my mom. This is my favorite sloppy joe recipe. I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef

1/3 cup warm water

1/3 teaspoon dried onions (I prefer fresh onions)

1 each beef and chicken bullion cube.

3/4 Tablespoon brown sugar

3/4 Tablespoon cider vinager

1/3 Tablespoon soy sauce

3/4 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce

Turn crockpot on high. Add all ingredients except the beef. Mix then add uncook ground beef. Stir until beef is completely covered. Cook covered for 1 hour stirring ocasionally to break up the beef. Uncover and continue to cook until done. (For me that's when there is just a little bitof liquid left.)

3 hours ago, Sing40King said:

Last summer I took a cooking class to learn to cook and help my mom. This is my favorite sloppy joe recipe. I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef

1/3 cup warm water

1/3 teaspoon dried onions (I prefer fresh onions)

1 each beef and chicken bullion cube.

3/4 Tablespoon brown sugar

3/4 Tablespoon cider vinager

1/3 Tablespoon soy sauce

3/4 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce

Turn crockpot on high. Add all ingredients except the beef. Mix then add uncook ground beef. Stir until beef is completely covered. Cook covered for 1 hour stirring ocasionally to break up the beef. Uncover and continue to cook until done. (For me that's when there is just a little bitof liquid left.)

Hi S40K,

What do you serve it with once its cooked?

Thank you👍

10 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Hi S40K,

What do you serve it with once its cooked?

Thank you👍

Really whatever you want. Some things I make to go with it are baked beans, deviled eggs, french fries, cole slaw, there's lots of things that go good with them.

3 minutes ago, Sing40King said:

Really whatever you want. Some things I make to go with it are baked beans, deviled eggs, french fries, cole slaw, there's lots of things that go good with them.

Ok, that sounds great😁Thanks👍

I make devilled eggs too - what do you put into your yolk mix?

Edited by HisFirst

Too bad you live way over in Kentucky.  When I smell Sloppy Joes, I come a running!  And you gotta have Ruffles Potato Chips to scoop up the droppings on your plate!  Thats what Sloppy Joes are all about.  Eat Well my Friend.

Hey Big Brother 1xs 1

Oh how I used to love Sloppy Joes when they  first came out with the original "cans" of "Sloppy Joe" when I was a kid,,,not those iccky cans of tomatoes they have now where you have to add meat!!!!!~  That was a big deal in my house,everything we ate was made from scratch,I don't think we had a single can of anything & certainly not any frozen foods,my Mom  was traditional Italian woman who labored for hours on end in the kitchen & everyone gobbled it up so fast itwas gone in 10 minutes or less!!!

Anyway,They had advertised Sloppy Joes like crazy & I asked my Mom top get it ,I was HOOKED!!! What Italian kid ever heard of a sloppy joe?I had itb over mashed potatoes,over pasta,over rice & as a sandwich.....great memories,haven't had it it years.................:D   C'mon by Brother,we'll have some for lunch!

Your Sis,Kwik

18 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

who labored for hours on end in the kitchen & everyone gobbled it up so fast itwas gone in 10 minutes or less!!!

I can SO relate to this!!!!!

On 12/10/2016 at 3:06 PM, HisFirst said:

Ok, that sounds great😁Thanks👍

I make devilled eggs too - what do you put into your yolk mix?

Mayonaise, mustard, a tiny drop of vinager and paprika. If some people don't like paprika you can put it on top of some of them and none on others.

Edited by Sing40King

14 hours ago, Sing40King said:

Mayonaise, mustard, a tiny drop of vinager and paprika. If some people don't like paprika you can put it on top of some of them and none on others.

Nice👍😁

I so want to hear reviews from people who have tried them. They are awesome.

Sign in to follow this