• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Its better to have / carry a firearm and never need it than to desperately need it and not have one.

You can have a firearm and the powers of the spirit prevent it from going off as you have planned. Bottomline, if the powers of the spirit have the final say in all things, why not just leave it up to God to be your personal body guard by making intercessions?

• Group:  Members

I used the word afraid which speaks to fear. Why would anyone carry a gun if they have 'no fear'? That just doesn't make any sense. Fear has to be involved, it may not be extreme to the point of death but whatever it is that is being 'protected' by the gun is what the person is 'fearful' to lose on the flipside. Think about it...

On 12/13/2016 at 2:39 PM, The_Patriot2016 said:

A armed society is a polite society. People always say that if everyone was armed, that includes the idiots who wouldn't use them sensibly...well, if you think about it, if everyone was armed the smart people would to, and nature says the idiots will be weeded out in due time. Either they will be shot by the smart people for doing something stupid with a gun, or they will learn to be smart to avoid being shot.

With that said I don't think everyone should be forced to own a gun. If your not comfortable carrying or using one, don't carry it. Otherwise, if the need arises it's more likely you will be shot with your own gun, then it doing you any good.

8 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

The Almighty has the power to stop a trigger from going off which would make having a gun futile in that moment. At the end of the day, the real enemy is in the spirit and the battle with Him can be fought even days before the event or confrontation takes place. The Lord told us in the bible what we need to do to receive His favor. Praying is one of them. Every battle that we are faced with in the flesh, can be fought in the spirit beforehand. Our God is very reasonable, when He sees danger ahead He usually shows it to us or reveals it to someone on our behalf so that we can pray against whatever danger the enemy has planned ahead.  Being a Christian does not guarantee immediate protection but meeting the Lord's conditions that are listed in the bible, together with prayer does guarantee protection.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

47 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

Ok just to clarify, I said the Lord's Angels will suffice. The Lord's angels operate when we give them something to work with, and that it through prayer. Having faith without praying is futile. It is possible for an Apostle, Pastor and any leader to be armed if He does not Pray. So as it relates to your argument regarding Apostles being gunned down, it is highly possible that they did not cover themselves prior to the attack. The title that anyone wears in the body of Christ, does not guarantee one's protection. But prayer does...always....and in that way the Lord's angels do suffice.

So what your saying is if a pastor gets gunned down he didn't pray? You do realize all but one of the original apostles were martyred? Are you suggesting they didn't pray or have faith?

29 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

I used the word afraid which speaks to fear. Why would anyone carry a gun if they have 'no fear'? That just doesn't make any sense. Fear has to be involved, it may not be extreme to the point of death but whatever it is that is being 'protected' by the gun is what the person is 'fearful' to lose on the flipside. Think about it...

Maybe we have no fear because we have a gun. Lol. No honestly we have no fear because we serve an almighty God who gave us the tools we needed to be safe.

29 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

My exact words were 'it is highly possible' so Im not concluding that he didn't pray. If a pastor has reached his life limit according to the number of his days that were written by God then praying probably wouldn't work unless the Lord extends his time like king Hezekiah. But as you may be aware, numerous persons are victims of premature death and prayer is the most effective weapon for fighting against premature death, not a gun or any other physical weapon.

On 12/13/2016 at 11:52 AM, da_man1974 said:

I'm a little late to this topic, but I have to agree with many of the posts here.  Should pastors wear seat belts? Do pastors need a parachute when skydiving?  Or do pastors ever get sick and die?

Maybe all pastors should own guns.  They are the ones that may be on the frontlines of persecution of the church.  Most people know who the pastor is but they do not know everyone in the congregation.  

Just because someone is a pastor/Christian does not give them an immediate protection from everything evil or ungodly in the world.  

8 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

So what your saying is if a pastor gets gunned down he didn't pray? You do realize all but one of the original apostles were martyred? Are you suggesting they didn't pray or have faith?

7 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Maybe we have no fear because we have a gun. Lol. No honestly we have no fear because we serve an almighty God who gave us the tools we needed to be safe.

The Almighty gave us the spiritual tools that we need. Man made the physical ones....His words reassures me that I don't need the manmade tools....and yes I am aware that it is He who gave us the knowledge to make them in the first place but it is usually a person who does not walk in authority and power of the Holy Spirit who feels a need to use these weapons. Our weapons are not in the flesh....seriously....

11 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

The Almighty gave us the spiritual tools that we need. Man made the physical ones....His words reassures me that I don't need the manmade tools....and yes I am aware that it is He who gave us the knowledge to make them in the first place but it is usually a person who does not walk in authority and power of the Holy Spirit who feels a need to use these weapons. Our weapons are not in the flesh....seriously....

You didn't answer the question. Yes or no. If a pastor gets gunned down, does that mean he lacked faith?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Who's up for walking through the run-down areas of Detroit without a self-defense weapon?