• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

Ok not to stray from my root point. I don't believe Pastors 'need' a gun because unless his battles are won in the spirit by the Lord and His angels it cannot be won in the flesh and therefore a physical weapon would be ineffective after the fact. You believe that Pastors need a gun and that's fine. We both share different views and I guess we'll both hold on to these views.

I don't believe Pastors 'need' a gun because unless his battles are won in the spirit by the Lord and His angels it cannot be won in the flesh and therefore a physical weapon would be ineffective after the fact. You believe that Pastors need a gun and that's fine. We both share different views and I guess we'll both hold on to these views.

Not to stray from my root point. I don't believe Pastors 'need' a gun because unless his battles are won in the spirit by the Lord and His angels it cannot be won in the flesh and therefore a physical weapon would be ineffective after the fact. You believe that Pastors need a gun and that's fine. We both share different views and I guess we'll both hold on to these views.

Ok not to stray from my root point. I don't believe Pastors 'need' a gun because unless his battles are won in the spirit by the Lord and His angels it cannot be won in the flesh and therefore a physical weapon would be ineffective after the fact. You believe that Pastors need a gun and that's fine. We both share different views and I guess we'll both hold on to these views.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

This reminds me of the joke where the pastor is in a flood and he's on the top of his house.  Some guys come by in a boat and say hop in we can save you.  He said  no the Lord will save me.  Then 2 more guys in a boat come by and say hop in we can save you.  He gives them the same reply.  Then a helicopter comes by and tells him that they can save him.  He gives the same reply a third time.  He eventually drowns from the flood.  When he gets to heaven he asks God,"why didn't you save me?"  God looks at him and says "What are you talking about?  I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

10 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

This reminds me of the joke where the pastor is in a flood and he's on the top of his house.  Some guys come by in a boat and say hop in we can save you.  He said  no the Lord will save me.  Then 2 more guys in a boat come by and say hop in we can save you.  He gives them the same reply.  Then a helicopter comes by and tells him that they can save him.  He gives the same reply a third time.  He eventually drowns from the flood.  When he gets to heaven he asks God,"why didn't you save me?"  God looks at him and says "What are you talking about?  I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter".

Not quite the same thing as being prepared to take another's life to save your own, but nice story!

2 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Not quite the same thing as being prepared to take another's life to save your own, but nice story!

Yes that is true.  But the point being is that God gives us things to protect us and save us.  It is our choice whether or not we choose to accept/use them.  

Say there was an intruder in your house holding a gun to your child's head.  Would you choose to use a gun to take care of the situation or would you tell the intruder I am not worried about you God will save my child?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

36 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

I didn't say they needed a gun, but if they felt they should I have no problem with them having one, like I said God uses people and there have already been cases where armed pastors have protected their congregation with a gun.

Furthermore, go back 200 years to the revolutionary war, entire squads were churches-led by their pastors. Food for thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

10 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Yes that is true.  But the point being is that God gives us things to protect us and save us.  It is our choice whether or not we choose to accept/use them.  

Say there was an intruder in your house holding a gun to your child's head.  Would you choose to use a gun to take care of the situation or would you tell the intruder I am not worried about you God will save my child?

Shall I start buying guns and ammo for all the christians worldwide who are being persecuted and murdered?  Does anyone here, why or why not?  I have no need of a gun for protection, I live quite safely compared to many around the world.  If your motivation is compassion for the women and children, has anyone had compassion for the women and children who don't live in a safe, protected land, or are we only concerned with protecting our families who, statistically speaking, are incredibly carnally safe already?   

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Shall I start buying guns and ammo for all the christians worldwide who are being persecuted and murdered?  Does anyone here, why or why not?  I have no need of a gun for protection, I live quite safely compared to many around the world.  If your motivation is compassion for the women and children, has anyone had compassion for the women and children who don't live in a safe, protected land, or are we only concerned with protecting our families who, statistically speaking, are incredibly carnally safe already?   

I think you are missing the point.  I am not saying we have to arm everyone.  But if God has given us the knowledge to create something that we can use for protection shouldn't we use it.  Let's take guns off the table.  What about medication?  Should pastors take medication if they are sick?