• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

I should explain that:

At salvation, grace has been applied, our past sins have been forgiven, etc. etc.

But, now we must face all of the dire warnings in the NT as to what we are responsible for.

E.G. Why don't we look at all of the many conditional "IF" statements in the NT?

We could, if you want, but I do believe that faith without works is dead, as James puts it in James 2.  However, works is not how we receive salvation, which is what I was pointing to.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, OneLight said:

We could, if you want, but I do believe that faith without works is dead, as James puts it in James 2.

However, works is not how we receive salvation, which is what I was pointing to.

Yeahbut, the "IF" conditional passages don't deal with works.

They mainly deal with abstaining from sin.

Summary: IF you're good little boys n' gals, you get all the promises!

Interesting ...

They DON'T say: IF you're NOT good little boys n' gals, you DON'T get all the promises!

Believe me, God has ALL of the bases covered ... If you don't understand baseball, sorry.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Dost thou speak in King James to appear more holy and authoritative to us deplorables?  lol

Crowns are rewards that we will cast at the feet of Jesus.  We won't cast our eternal life at His feet when we are already in heaven.  We will do so to honer Him as the author and finisher of our faith.  We cannot earn eternal life, it is a gift so that no man can boast.  But God prepared good works that we should walk in them as we walk in the Spirit.  They are the product of the life of Christ in us.  So we already have eternal life if we have Christ in us and are found in Him.  

2Co 13:5 AMP Examine and test and evaluate your own selves to see whether you are holding to your faith and showing the proper fruits of it. Test and prove yourselves [not Christ]. Do you not yourselves realize and know [thoroughly by an ever-increasing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you—unless you are [counterfeits] disapproved on trial and rejected?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, ZacharyB said:

Yeahbut, the "IF" conditional passages don't deal with works.

They mainly deal with abstaining from sin.

Summary: IF you're good little boys n' gals, you get all the promises!

Interesting ...

They DON'T say: IF you're NOT good little boys n' gals, you DON'T get all the promises!

Believe me, God has ALL of the bases covered ... If you don't understand baseball, sorry.

OK ... what are some of the "if" statements you want to discuss?

20 hours ago, Willa said:

Dost thou speak in King James to appear more holy and authoritative to us deplorables?  lol

Dearest Deplorable, when are you going to make the GIANT leap

into considering the 100+ dire warnings given in the NT?

They ALL must be reconciled with ALL of the other NT verses!

IMO, they are only for God's elect (chosen ones) to help them get safely home.

19 hours ago, OneLight said:

OK ... what are some of the "if" statements you want to discuss?

Cummin' right up in a new thread.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Dearest Deplorable, when are you going to make the GIANT leap

into considering the 100+ dire warnings given in the NT?

They ALL must be reconciled with ALL of the other NT verses!

IMO, they are only for God's elect (chosen ones) to help them get safely home.

Dear friend ZacharyB,  When will you take the GIANT leap and surrender to God's leading to walk in the Spirit.

60 years ago I began in the Spirit.  God convicted me of sin, righteousness and judgement and I repented.  But I misunderstood the promises of God and thought that He was giving me a second chance to be good enough to go to heaven.  Becoming like the foolish Galatians, having begun in the Spirit I was now being made perfect by the flesh.  That bondage is satanic!.  Even when I learned that salvation is by grace alone and not by works, I was told "but you still have to be good".  Jesus said only God is good.  I was not totally set free from the bondage of self effort and the resulting self righteousness for 10 years.  At that time I began again with the Spirit, learned to hear His voice and follow Him, and received a second blessing.  Now I follow the law of love as I walk in the Spirit.  Praise God for His mercy.  He did not give up on his confused lost sheep but continued to call me back to the narrow path of resting in the finished work of the cross.  The transformation into the likeness of Christ is the work of the Holy Spirit.  We cannot take credit for the work of God.  Nor can we perfect ourselves.  We must die daily to self so that Christ may be seen in us.  

The key is to seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness by setting our minds on the treasures in heaven, the things of the Spirit.  These treasures and riches in Christ may be found in Epesians 1, which lists all the things God has done and is doing for us.  It is by resting in what God has already done for us that we are able to walk the walk--walking after the Spirit, and having done all, to stand against the enemy.  

Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, Eph 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, Eph 1:5  having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, Eph 1:6  to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Eph 1:7  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace Eph 1:8  which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, Eph 1:9  having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, Eph 1:10  that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. Eph 1:11  In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, Eph 1:12  that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

Eph 1:13  In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, Eph 1:14  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Gal 2:16 NKJV knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Gal 5:13  For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Gal 5:14  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, evenin this: "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."Gal 5:16  I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.  Gal 5:18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Joh 8:36  Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Rom 3:21  But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, Rom 3:22  even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom 3:24  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, Rom 3:25  whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, Rom 3:26  to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Rom 4:5  But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, Rom 4:6  just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:  Rom 4:7  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED; Rom 4:8  BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD SHALL NOT IMPUTE SIN."

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, Rom 8:4  that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Php 3:8  Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ  Php 3:9  and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;  Php 3:10  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,  Php 3:11  if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Php 3:12  Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Php 3:13  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, Php 3:14  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  2Co 3:18  But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/13/2016 at 8:52 AM, ZacharyB said:

Definitely not Happy Holidays! … but … Merry Christmas!

Ah yes, the accusing spirit is back. Rev 12:10. Merry Christmas Zachary. John 3:3.

18 hours ago, Willa said:

Dear friend ZacharyB,  When will you take the GIANT leap and surrender to God's leading to walk in the Spirit.

Wow, where'd that come from?

FYI, I am (not I AM) walking in the Spirit.

And tryin' to get everyone else to do so also.

That's what all the warning verses are all about.

And that's why I point 'em out to everyone.

11 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Ah yes, the accusing spirit is back. Rev 12:10.

Aaaaah, all pastors, teachers, evangelists, etc. have accusing spirits.

Thanks for that revelatory Christmas present. Mucho gracias!