LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Are there any Star War fans here? If so do you ever feel like your Christian walk is kind of like being a Jedi? I do a bit. But have not really wanted to say anything on here because some people get bent out of shape about stuff. But anyway Jedi's try to not allow themselves to be controlled by their emotions. They teach that hate and fear is the path to the Dark Side.  They calm their emotions by focusing on the Force. They do not seek revenge on others.  I try to live my life this way. Though I fall short of the part of not allowing your emotions to control you.  

If no one agrees with me I understand. If you think I am somehow wrong for having such a interest in Star Wars I understand that too.   I just wan to know if any other Christians feel as I do. Like we are Jedi! :vader:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

I like star wars. Ive watched all the movies, seen some of the cartoons. I think its a good visual as to how a christian should act. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I love star wars....but I wouldn't want my christian walk compared to it...far to new agey.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm into Sci Fi, so yes I like Star Wars.

But anyway Jedi's try to not allow themselves to be controlled by their emotions. They teach that hate and fear is the path to the Dark Side.  They calm their emotions by focusing on the Force. They do not seek revenge on others.

After a fashion, but it is not exactly Biblical. God never condemns emotions. God Himself had a few emotional outbursts - in both Old and New Testaments. 

But of course, not all emotions are negative - being moved by compassion often involves emotions overshooting reason.

But actually, burying emotions is more in line with New Age teaching - Nirvana and all that.

Now, you could use the Jedi stuff as a pseudo-example to help guide you, I think. It is not emotions that you are putting down or burying - it is the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life that you are crucifying. So it's different. But I can appreciate applying the analogy!

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Are you sure you focus on the Force?

No no no. That is not what I mean really. As a Christian I focus on Jesus. I just meant that the Jedi focus on the Force kind of like I focus on Jesus. I realize that saying this stuff is going to seem strange to others which is why I have kept it to myself.  I just seem similarities between the Jedi and the Christian. 

9 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Were you aware that the creator of Star Wars is an occultist?  I'm not saying it makes you or anyone who watches it bad... but most definitely his idea of "the Force" is not a godly one. 

Well I'm not saying that the Force in Star Wars is God. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I like the Star Wars movies but will in no way compare it to my Christian walk. It's a movie and was created to entertain nothing more. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I love star wars....but I wouldn't want my christian walk compared to it...far to new agey.

I agree with you and on top of that I don't really care for the show~~

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Are there any Star War fans here? If so do you ever feel like your Christian walk is kind of like being a Jedi? I do a bit. But have not really wanted to say anything on here because some people get bent out of shape about stuff. But anyway Jedi's try to not allow themselves to be controlled by their emotions. They teach that hate and fear is the path to the Dark Side.  They calm their emotions by focusing on the Force. They do not seek revenge on others.  I try to live my life this way. Though I fall short of the part of not allowing your emotions to control you.  

If no one agrees with me I understand. If you think I am somehow wrong for having such a interest in Star Wars I understand that too.   I just wan to know if any other Christians feel as I do. Like we are Jedi! :vader:

I am a huge fan, seen every one of the movies in the first weekend of their showing.  The wife and I will be seeing Rogue Squadron at that OmniMax!  It will be amazing! 

I like your analogy of the jedi vs the Christian. The Jedi are a force for good and devote their lives to the service of others, is this not what a Christian should also be?

There is also a battle going on in this world of light vs dark, and as in the Star Wars movies, the dark often wins the battles but the light wins the war. 

Great thread, just a little fun to lighten the mood around here!  Thanks for making it

9 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I know... I really do ... I don't want to offend you or anyone... just sharing that little bit of info in case people didn't know.

No I'm not offended. I know what I said is going to sound like I've join some strange cult or something. LOL