• Days Won:  8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Im just amazed at all these Christian songs with these fantastic lyrics,all from Scripture...."How You lived,How You died,your Sacrifice......Proof of Your Love".....phenominal & yet,,,,,they never say once JESUS........His Name Says it ALL for me........I want to hear a song that says JESUS,anyone?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That brings up a good point...i see more country songs that mention Jesus name (both in a good and bad light) then most christian music anymore. Jesus take the wheel comes to mind, for example.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Im just amazed at all these Christian songs with these fantastic lyrics,all from Scripture...."How You lived,How You died,your Sacrifice......Proof of Your Love".....phenominal & yet,,,,,they never say once JESUS........His Name Says it ALL for me........I want to hear a song that says JESUS,anyone?

That's a very good point. The songs are just motivational or spiritual songs if they are not centered around Jesus Christ. Today we see many songs being self centered. Worship should be God centered. I am very picky when it comes to songs. I don't mind too much music or guitar. But music should not be too much that we don't even understand words! there are some good singers out there. I like Chris Tomlin. I find his songs always God centered and not too much music also.

Blessings

I'm very glad to hear these things because I often ask myself"Is it just me?'  So it seems y'all feel the same way.......in this day & age I believe we must really "pay attention" to everything around us......& believe me,I do know the folks that are posting these songs only because they want to share with our Brothers & Sisters the Joy,Peace,Comfort ,Encouragement or just the listening pleasure they get from these songs,I have no doubt their hearts & minds are on Jesus.....I not even questioning  the musicians but I do wonder about the audience they may attract & what omitting the Name of Jesus can imply...if you know what I mean?      Love,Kwik

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings

I'm very glad to hear these things because I often ask myself"Is it just me?'  So it seems y'all feel the same way.......in this day & age I believe we must really "pay attention" to everything around us......& believe me,I do know the folks that are posting these songs only because they want to share with our Brothers & Sisters the Joy,Peace,Comfort ,Encouragement or just the listening pleasure they get from these songs,I have no doubt their hearts & minds are on Jesus.....I not even questioning  the musicians but I do wonder about the audience they may attract & what omitting the Name of Jesus can imply...if you know what I mean?      Love,Kwik

oh, your not alone. and dont get me wrong im not saying all christian songs need to have "Jesus" in them, many songs can be excellent without the word "Jesus" in them, but I do wish they would use it a lot more then they do for sure.

oh, your not alone. and dont get me wrong im not saying all christian songs need to have "Jesus" in them, many songs can be excellent without the word "Jesus" in them, but I do wish they would use it a lot more then they do for sure.                           Patriot

:emot-heartbeat::amen:

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Beautiful song.