• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Texas

Welcome to Worthy,I sure do know what you are saying and hoping for ...first,I  want to say something to Redemption.....just for a moment

Brother,I do remember the hard time some folks gave you(even the more recent one) and I want to say that you sound FANTASTIC,all Glory to God!!!!It seems you have Received Gods Peace & are right where you ought to be with your eyes on Jesus,Prince of Peace   having "Good Days" because it is not about them,has nothing to do with you   -I am truly happy to know you are doing so well,God Bless you!!!

Okay,thank you......Sometimes we would really like to have someone like you described,we think that is what we need,we desire this & pray for it .....it is a GOOD thing to request BUT(always a 'but",right?-lol)it does not mean it is Gods thing or His Will for you "at this time" & I will give you a little example.....

There was a time I was very very active in my church,teaching Bible Study,doing a childrens Ministry,facilitating a food pantry,art director,praise Team,,,,besides going out in the streets spreading the gospel etc.....I was very gratified ,I felt like I had PURPOSE.....My Pastor was that "mentor" you envision & he was that "father figure" type person for all of us(congregation) & then he was in a fatal car crash,he & his wife(co-Pastor).....we were all devastated & At that time I was very ill,going through chemo/radiation.....it felt kinda like you said"all doors were closing"......we all had a hard time with the loss and many of us went different ways,for me I was missing my mentor and I sort of believe that God brought him home & wanted us to focus more on Jesus,perhaps we were looking too much to the pastor? I don't really know

Anyway,I went to a "Sister church"( sometimes we joined for services & did a lot together) where my Pastors best friend was pastor,they were very much alike in a lot of ways & Knowing everyone made it seem easier but yet I wasn't able to  do much physically but whatever I attempted just didn't "click"(like you experienced).....Oh ,Brother,I so prayed for "someone"....a female,a mother type(I also lost both parents)......THen I was not getting an answer but that was my answer,I realized I was praying for the wrong thing,it was the desire of my heart & maybe I needed to have a different desire......So I asked our Lord"What do I NEED? Why can't I serve now,you know I feel pretty unproductive Father......where should my heart be?"

I did get my answer,it was time for Him to take me to a higher level of learning,at this time He wanted me to Himself,just Him & I .....it was time for me to be alone,undistracted,unBUSY & of course I said "Yes Yes.....& so everything changed,the desire of my heart changed first,this time I didn't feel like I should be doing anything else & I would open my Bible & before I knew it,5 & 6 hours went by.......Understand that during all those different times there was never I time I did not have Joy,Peace & the Comfort of the Lord ,,,in mourning-I was Comforted,in unknowing-I had Peace,in sickness-I had Joy......it was just another growth period ,a time when I thought I needed or wanted one thing but God had av Plan for me,for the Purpose of my Calling....

Well,I thought I would share that with you,I do hope it helps and encourages you to continue to trust God & seek His Will for you and perhaps you might try what I did....."Okay Father,I'm ready to follow wherever you lead,even to change my heart,even to change my life-no matter what!"He just may want you all to Himself right now? My life did change drastically,I never imagined things to turn out as they did but it was certainly for my good & for His Glory......& funny thing is, I did end up with that "person' after I no longer thought about it ....something I NEVER expected                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik