• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

15 hours ago, Remnantrob said:

Trying to figure out if you're joking about Rev.12:4 or not...lol  I have no qualms about your interpretation of Rev. 1:20 although my point was to show the correlation between the word angel and stars in prophecy.  Is your name Roy?  That's my brother's name...sorry...possible ADHD...lol

Shalom, Remnantrob.

No, I'm not joking regarding Revelation 12:4. This verse is part of the larger context:

Revelation 12:1-17
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven (in the sky); a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven (in the sky); and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven (the stars of the sky), and did cast (throw) them to the earth (to the ground): and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born (Matt. 2:7-23).
5 And she brought forth a man (male) child (Matt. 1:22-25; Luke 2:4-7), who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron (Ps. 2:7-9): and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne (Luke 24:45-53; Acts 1:1-11; Rev. 3:21).
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7 And there was war in heaven (in the sky): Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven (in the sky).
9 And the great dragon was cast out (thrown down), that old serpent (snake; reptile), called the Devil (Slanderer), and Satan (Enemy), which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth (thrown down to the ground), and his angels (messengers) were cast out (thrown down) with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven (in the sky), Now is come salvation (rescue; deliverance), and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ (His Messiah): for the accuser of our brethren is cast down (thrown down), which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens (you skies), and ye that dwell in them (you who live in them). Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea (inhabitants of the ground and the sea)! for the devil (slanderer) is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth (he was thrown to the ground), he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (the testimony that Yeshua` is the Messiah).
KJV

Can you see how the whole chapter is permeated with information about "the sky?" Because of Hebraic foreshadowing, Westerners need to be careful about the timing of these events, but there's enough information given to link this narration with the rest of Revelation. Revelation 12:4 corresponds to Revelation 6:12-17 and 8:1-9:12, the Meteorite Shower!

And, yes, my given name is "Roy." The name means "Red." So does the name "Adam." (But, no, I don't have red hair although my wife does.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/15/2016 at 11:43 AM, Last Daze said:

There certainly seems to be a correlation there.

Correct. Stars have actually symbolized angels (in Revelation), and have been connected to angels. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Remnantrob.

No, I'm not joking regarding Revelation 12:4. This verse is part of the larger context:

Revelation 12:1-17
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven (in the sky); a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven (in the sky); and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven (the stars of the sky), and did cast (throw) them to the earth (to the ground): and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born (Matt. 2:7-23).
5 And she brought forth a man (male) child (Matt. 1:22-25; Luke 2:4-7), who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron (Ps. 2:7-9): and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne (Luke 24:45-53; Acts 1:1-11; Rev. 3:21).
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7 And there was war in heaven (in the sky): Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven (in the sky).
9 And the great dragon was cast out (thrown down), that old serpent (snake; reptile), called the Devil (Slanderer), and Satan (Enemy), which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth (thrown down to the ground), and his angels (messengers) were cast out (thrown down) with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven (in the sky), Now is come salvation (rescue; deliverance), and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ (His Messiah): for the accuser of our brethren is cast down (thrown down), which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens (you skies), and ye that dwell in them (you who live in them). Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea (inhabitants of the ground and the sea)! for the devil (slanderer) is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth (he was thrown to the ground), he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (the testimony that Yeshua` is the Messiah).
KJV

Can you see how the whole chapter is permeated with information about "the sky?" Because of Hebraic foreshadowing, Westerners need to be careful about the timing of these events, but there's enough information given to link this narration with the rest of Revelation. Revelation 12:4 corresponds to Revelation 6:12-17 and 8:1-9:12, the Meteorite Shower!

And, yes, my given name is "Roy." The name means "Red." So does the name "Adam." (But, no, I don't have red hair although my wife does.)

Thanks Roy,

I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name vs your screen name. my next question to you would be if it is a meteor shower is it supposed to take place in the future or did it already happen? if it did happen then when and how can we tell? Also if the stars are literal than is the woman clothed in the sun also literal? Thanks. Im just trying to understand your interpretation .  I will read the correlating verses you provided later today . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Remnantrob said:

Thanks Roy,

I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name vs your screen name. my next question to you would be if it is a meteor shower is it supposed to take place in the future or did it already happen? if it did happen then when and how can we tell? Also if the stars are literal than is the woman clothed in the sun also literal? Thanks. Im just trying to understand your interpretation .  I will read the correlating verses you provided later today . 

Shalom, Remnantrob.

No, I don't mind. It is my name, after all. However, if and when I ever get a book published, I think I'll go under the pen name of "Adam."

So far, this meteorite shower ("meteorite" because many of these meteors will strike the earth) is yet in the future. You haven't seen in history books or in the news a meteor the size of a mountain strike the sea, yet, have you? No, I think such an event will make world news.

Regarding the "woman," clearly (to me) the woman represents Israel as a nation. It was she who gave birth to the One who would rule the nations with a rod of iron or an iron sceptre. However, in this passage, I see the "woman" being the constellation that represents Israel. The woman being clothed with the sun would mean that the sun was in the middle of this constellation. The moon below her feet would suggest that the moon would be below the feet of this constellation, and the crown of stars may be either literal stars already around the head of this constellation OR the asteroids that are on their way to becoming these meteorites seen above the head of this constellation. I believe this provides TIMING for these events. Also, I believe that Israel is represented by the constellation commonly called "Virgo."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Don't be taken in by any fairy tales, superstitions, or traditions of fallible mortal humans trying to invent a religion.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Interesting question, are stars angels, and always more interesting to watch those who claim to know answering it.

I don't know.

How can I know except God reveal it unto me?

I can read a book and become convinced of my interpretation of it but what good is that?

I have the power to believe most anything through my imagination.  That said let me tread lightly.

Paul said there are celestial bodies.

Jesus used the same word when speaking to Nicodemus when he said if you do not  believe me when I tell you of earthly things then how will you believe when I tell you about heavenly things. 

Both were speaking using the same word.  

What are the stars?

Celestial bodies made by God.

Are they the angels of God?  

Great question.  I don't know.  God has not revealed it unto me but I want to imagine I know.  I want to read it right into the scriptures.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, preciouspearl said:

are stars angels?

Job 38:7, When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

"The morning stars."

These are the infinite suns out in space which are suns to other planets like our sun is to our earth and its related planets. This passage proves that the whole of the heavens was created before the earth itself or these stars would not have been singing when God laid the foundations of the earth (V. 7).

That the material creations do sing and speak their own languages is plainly stated in Ps.19 and many other scriptures. In fact, all creations have some means of communication with one another and with God and man. This will be more in evidence after the curse is removed from all creation (Rom. 8:21-24; Rev. 22:3).

"sons of God shouted for joy."

These were angels (Job 38:7 ; Job 1:6 ; Job 2:1)

On 12/18/2016 at 0:37 AM, Ezra said:

Correct. Stars have actually symbolized angels (in Revelation), and have been connected to angels. 

Shalom, Ezra.

OR, so we've been told, AND we've been told that by those who believe in the allegorical interpretation of Scripture! This connection has been suggested for the first section of chapter 9 regarding the plague of locusts, the fifth trumpet:

Revelation 9:1-12
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.
KJV

HOWEVER, there is a measure of PERSONIFICATION in the translation of this passage that is NOT present in the Greek! Let's look at the Greek of this passage:

Apokalusis 9:1-12
1 Kai ho pemptos aggelos esalpisen; kai eidon astera ek tou ouranou peptookota eis teen geen, kai edothee autoo hee kleis tou freatos tees abussou
2 kai eenoixein to frear tees abussou kai anebee kapnos ek tou freatos hoos kapnos kaminou megalees, kai eskotoothee ho heelios kai ho aeer ek tou kapnou tou freatos.
3 Kai ek tou kapnou exeelthon akrides eis teen geen kai edothee autos exousia hoos echousin exousian hoi skorpioi tees gees.
4 Kai errethee autos hina mee adikeesousin ton chorton tees gees oude pan chlooron oude pan dendron, ei mee tous anthroopous hoitines ouk echousi teen sfragida tou Theou epi toon metoopoon.
5 Kai edothee autois hina mee apokteinoosin autous, all’ hina basanistheesontai meenas pente, kai ho basanismos autoon hoos basanismos skorpiou hotan baisse anthroopon.
6 Kai en tais heemerais ekeinais zeeteesousin hoi anthroopoi ton thanaton kai ou mee heureesousin auton, kai epithumeesousin apothanein kai feugei ho thanatos ap’ autoon.
7 Kai ta homoioomata toon akridoon homoia hippois heetoimasmenois eis polemon, kai epi tas kefalas autoon hoos stefanoi homoioi chrusoo kai ta prosoopa autoon hoos prosoopa anthroopoon.
8 Kai eichon trichas hoos trichas gunaikoon, kai hoi odontes autoon hoos leentoon eesan.
9 Kai eichon thoorakas hoos thoorakas sideerous, kai hee foonee toon pterugoon aston hoos fooien harmatoon hippoon polloon trechontoon eis polemon,
10 kai echousin ouras homoias skorpiois kai kentra, kai en tais ourais autoon hee exousia autoon adikeesai tous anthroopous meenas pente.
11 echousin ep’ autoo basilea ton aggelon tees abussou, onoma autoo Hebraisti “Abaddoon,” kai en tee Helleenikee onoma echei “Apolluoon.”
12 Hee ouai hee mia apeelthen; idou erchetai eti duo ouai meta tauta.
UBS Greek-English New Testament

1 Kai = 1 And/Also
ho = the
pemptos = fifth
aggelos = messenger
esalpisen; = blew-a-trumpet;
kai = and/also
eidon = I-saw
astera = a-star
ek = out
tou = of-the
ouranou = sky
peptookota = fell
eis = into
teen = the
geen, = earth,
kai = and/also
edothee = was-given
autoo = to-it/to-him (masculine objects do NOT mean a masculine person!)
hee = the
kleis = key (literally or figuratively)
tou = of-the
freatos = pit
tees = of-the
abussou = no-bottom-known/bottomless
2 kai = 2 and/also
eenoixein = opened
to = the
frear = pit
tees = of-the
abussou = no-bottom-known/bottomless
kai = and/also
anebee = there-arose
kapnos = a-smoke
ek = out
tou = of-the
freatos = pit
hoos = like
kapnos = a-smoke
kaminou = of-a-furnace
megalees, = huge/great,
kai = and/also
eskotoothee = was-darkened
ho = the
heelios = sun
kai = and/also
ho = the
aeer = air
ek = out
tou = of-the
kapnou = smoke
tou = of-the
freatos. = pit.
3 Kai = 3 And/Also
ek = out
tou = of-the
kapnou = smoke
exeelthon =
akrides = locusts
eis = into
teen = the
geen = earth
kai = and/also
edothee = was-given
autos = to-them
exousia = right/power/ability/poison
hoos = like/as
echousin = have
exousian = right/power/ability/poison
hoi = the
skorpioi = scorpions
tees = of-the
gees. = ground.
4 Kai = 4 And/Also
errethee = it-was-commanded
autos = them
hina = so-that
mee = not
adikeesousin = they-should-harm
ton = the
chorton = grass
tees = of-the
gees = ground
oude = nor
pan = any
chlooron = green-[thing]
oude = nor
pan = any
dendron, = tree,
ei = if
mee = not
tous = the
anthroopous = human-beings
hoitines = which
ouk = not
echousi = do-have
teen = the
sfragida = mark
tou = of-the
Theou = God
epi = upon
toon = the
metoopoon. = foreheads.
5 Kai = 5 And/Also
edothee = was-given
autois = to-them
hina = so-that
mee = not
apokteinoosin =they-should-kill
autous, = them,
all’ (alla) = but
hina = so-that
basanistheesontai = they-should-be-tortured
meenas = months
pente, = five,
kai = and/also
ho = the
basanismos = torture
autoon = of-them
hoos = like/as
basanismos = torture
skorpiou = of-a-scorpion
hotan = when
baisse = it-strikes
anthroopon. = a-human-being.
6 Kai = 6 And/Also
en = in
tais = the
heemerais = days
ekeinais = those
zeeteesousin = shall-seek
hoi = the
anthroopoi = human-beings
ton = the
thanaton = death
kai = and/also
ou = not (+)
mee = not (-)
heureesousin = they-shall-find
auton, = it,
kai = and/also
epithumeesousin = they-shall-desire
apothanein = to-die
kai = and/also
feugei = shall-elude
ho = the
thanatos = death
ap’ (apo) = away-from
autoon. = them.
7 Kai = 7 And/Also
ta = the
homoioomata = likeness
toon of-the
akridoon = locusts
homoia = like
hippois = horses
heetoimasmenois = prepared
eis = into
polemon, = a-battle,
kai = and/also
epi = above/upon
tas = the
kefalas = heads
autoon = of-them/their
hoos = like/as
stefanoi = crowns/laurel-wreaths
homoioi = similar
chrusoo = to-[made-of]-gold
kai = and/also
ta = the
prosoopa = faces
autoon = of-them/their
hoos = like/as
prosoopa = faces
anthroopoon = of-human-beings.
8 Kai = 8 And/Also
eichon = they-had
trichas = hair
hoos = like/as
trichas = hair
gunaikoon, = of-women,
kai = and/also
hoi = the
odontes = teeth/mandibles
autoon = of-them/their
hoos = like/as
leentoon = of-lions
eesan. = were.
9 Kai = 9 And/Also
eichon = they-had
thoorakas = thoraxes/"breastplates"
hoos = like/as
thoorakas = thoraxes/"breastplates"
sideerous, = of-iron,
kai = and/also
hee = the
foonee = sound
toon = of-the
pterugoon = wings
autoon = of-them/their
hoos = like/as
foonee = a-sound
harmatoon = of-chariots
hippoon = of-horses
polloon = many
trechontoon = running/charging
eis = into
polemon, = a-battle,
10 kai = 10 and/also
echousin = they-had
ouras = tails/abdomens
homoias = like/as
skorpiois = scorpions
kai = and/also
kentra, = stings,
kai = and/also
en = in
tais = the
ourais = tails/abdomens
autoon = of-them/their
hee = the
exousia = right/authority/ability/poison
autoon = of-them/their
adikeesai = to-hurt
tous = the
anthroopous = human-beings
meenas = months
pente. = five.
11 echousin = 11 they-had
ep’ (epi) = upon/above/over
autoon = them
basilea = a-king
ton = the
aggelon = messenger/"angel"
tees = of-the
abussou, = no-bottom-known,/bottomless,
onoma = name
autoo = whose
Hebraisti = Hebraic
“Abaddoon,” = "Abaddown,"/"Destruction,"
kai = and/also
en = in
tee = the
Helleenikee = Greek
onoma = a-name
echei = he-held
“Apolluoon.” = "Apolluoon."/"Destruction."
12 Hee = 12 The
ouai = woe/"why?"
hee = the
mia = first
apeelthen; = is-past;
idou = look!
erchetai = are-coming
eti = yet/still
duo = two
ouai = woes/"why's?"
meta = amid
tauta. = these-things.

Think of this "messenger" not as a "person," namely, an "angel"; think of it as an "OBJECT," like a "meteorite!" The "key" is not a literal "key"; it's the "key" COORDINATES of the location of this pit with an unsounded bottom! 

Later, the "angel" (or messenger) from the bottomless [pit] is said to be the king of the LOCUSTS! Thus, it, too, is a LOCUST, NOT a DEMON! And, just as bees and ants have queens, this swarm has a king! Its names do NOT mean "destroyer," as some have suggested; his name means "DESTRUCTION!"

NT:3 Abaddon (ab-ad-dohn'); of Hebrew origin [OT:11]; a destroying angel:
KJV - Abaddon.

OT:11 'abaddown (ab-ad-done'); intensive from OT:6; abstract, a perishing; concrete, Hades:
KJV - destruction.

NT:623 Apolluon (ap-ol-loo'-ohn); active participle of NT:622; a destroyer (i.e. Satan):
KJV - Apollyon.

NT:622 apollumi (ap-ol'-loo-mee); from NT:575 and the base of NT:3639; to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively:
KJV - destroy, die, lose, mar, perish.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Thus, these words mean the "destruction" itself, and refer to the DESTINY of this swarm! When the king dies, the swarm dies soon afterward - the whole process lasting 5 months!

Remember, they were told NOT to hurt any grass on the ground, nor any green thing, nor any tree! They were not herbivorous; they were potential CARNIVORES! The only problem was that they were INCAPABLE of killing their prey to eat them - human beings! Thus, they died off from starvation after those 5 months, the king the first to go.

The bottom line for this discussion is that these "angels" were nothing of the sort! The first was a meteorite, and the second was a locust!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

probably both- heavenly bodys in some cases- spirit beings in another- I tend to think they are heavenly bodies because they are always visible-  Angels are typically "messengers" don't know how a Heavenly body can be a messenger--- but Bible says he knows all the stars by name?? does that mean they are angels? or is God aware of all the various nuclear reaction particulars of each star---

On 1/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, HAZARD said:

"sons of God shouted for joy."

These were angels (Job 38:7 ; Job 1:6 ; Job 2:1)

Actually, no. First of all, the passage in Job 38 is talking about the RE-creation of the earth after the FLOOD, not the original Creation of this planet's biosphere!

Second, NOWHERE in Scripture does the term "sons of God" refer to "angels." Look carefully at Job 1:6 and 2:1:

Job 1:6-7
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
KJV

Job 2:1-2
1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
KJV

The purpose for "presenting oneself before the LORD" is for EVALUATION and SACRIFICE! Where else on earth would haSatan go to talk to God when he craves an audience with YHWH? What better way than to appear before God's altar?

Deuteronomy 31:14-15

14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thy days approach that thou must die: call Joshua, and present yourselves in the tabernacle of the congregation, that I may give him a charge. And Moses and Joshua went, and presented themselves in the tabernacle of the congregation.
15 And the LORD appeared in the tabernacle in a pillar of a cloud: and the pillar of the cloud stood over the door of the tabernacle.
KJV

Joshua 24:1
24 And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God.
KJV

Leviticus 27:8-9
 But if he be poorer than thy estimation, then he shall present himself before the priest, and the priest shall value him; according to his ability that vowed shall the priest value him.
9 And if it be a beast, whereof men bring an offering unto the LORD, all that any man giveth of such unto the LORD shall be holy.
KJV

The term "sons of God" has NEVER been used of anything other than human beings!

Psalm 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
KJV

And, this verse was used by Yeshua` when He was accused of blasphemy:

John 10:33-38
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them,
Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

KJV

Furthermore, Yochanan said,

1 John 3:1-2
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
KJV

The Hebrew word usually translated as "angel" in English is the word "mal'akh" and it is found in Job in verses 1:14, 4:18, and 33:23:

Job 1:13-15
13 And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:
15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
KJV

Job 4:17-19
17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
KJV

Job 33:12-28
12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.
13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters.
14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:
20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.
21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out.
22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.
23 If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:
24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
25 His flesh shall be fresher than a child's: he shall return to the days of his youth:
26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.
27 He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
KJV

It is ASSUMED that the "sons of God" in Job 38 are speaking about the "angels," but read it carefully:

Job 38:1-13
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

KJV

It was a time when God "laid the foundations of the earth" or "of the Land." That is, it became rock solid.
It was a time when God "laid the measures of it (the earth or the Land)." That is, it became rigid and measurable.
It was a time when God "stretched the line upon it (the earth or the Land)." God determined where the features would be.
It was a time when God "fastened the foundations of it (the earth or the Land) upon" ... something. He reconnected the loose chunks of the earth's crust to each other and to the mantle.
It was a time when God "laid the corner stone of it (the earth or the Land)." God established "terra FIRMA."
It was a time when God "shut up the sea with doors, when it (the sea) broke forth, as if it (the sea) had issued out of the womb." God blocked the subterranean chambers from which much of the water under pressure had issued.
It was a time when God "made the cloud the garment of it (the sea's water) and made thick darkness a swaddlingband for it (the sea's water)." To this point in time, there was no rain because the dew point was so low as to only allow a mist to rise during the day to water the plants. It had never rained before!
It was a time when God "broke up His decreed place for it (the sea) and set bars and doors." God forced the waters to retreat into new basins and locked them in place.
It was a time when God said, "You can come to this point, but no further!" and "Here shall your proud waves be arrested." God established the boundaries, the continental shelves, of the oceans. This all didn't happen until AFTER the Flood!
God re-established the "morning" (Hebrew: bokeer) and created a new look to "the dawn" (Hebrew: hashachar translated "dayspring"), taking hold of the wings of the earth/Land and shaking the wicked people out of it. That was the PURPOSE for the Flood: to rid the earth of the lawlessness of wicked people.

There's also a much easier answer for the "sons of God" in Genesis 6; they called THEMSELVES that term out of prejudice against the mere "men" forced to live underground because of Qayin's (Cain's) sin of murder! They, these "sons of God," were allowed to live upon the surface of the earth! When they emerged from the cavern city of Chanokh (named for the son of Qayin), the "daughters of men" were considered beneath these "sons of God," and they TOOK them FORCEFULLY to be wives, as many as they chose! These "sons of God" became HEROES to the general public and their conquests were considered ADMIRABLE! These "sons of God" were anything BUT "godly!" It was this entitlement, prejudice, abusive force against women, slavery, and rape that turned God's stomach against the antediluvian culture and brought about the Flood!

Just letting you know that there's another way to look at all this.