• Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

35 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Ok GD,

I've heard of snow angels but what is snowshoeing....?

An oblong frame, usually strung with interlaced strips or a taut membrane, worn on the foot to enable walking on deep snow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

It actually warmed up here for a couple of hours to 35 degrees. But if you blinked you would miss it. I could actually turn off my dripping faucets for a short time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My idea of a good snow day is sitting by the fireplace with a big cup of hot chocolate looking out that big picture window at the snow covered park across the street

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Well I learnt a new thing today? eating real snow.

If I could give you a rep, I would but I don't think mines working properly.

I can give 1or 2,  then it tells me I'm at my limit of 25.......?

When you live in the tropics, you only see snow in the movies and it looks pretty, especially on the trees and Christmas ornaments, post cards ect.  When i first came to Canada, off course i had to taste it and well it is cold and wet, that's my description.  Never thought about putting it in my mouth again as water is always around.   In the caribbean, we had a man with a donkey cart moving about with a block of ice, condensed milk and local sryup.   He would shave the ice, press it, put it in a cup and add the syrup and milk.  5cents and on a hot day, that was fun and taste good.  We called it snowcone.

Snow can be a bitter sweet.  The kids playing making snow man ect, and me playing sports outdoors, is fun and keeps you active and once the body  starts to warm up you forget it is cold. I love it.   Those who have to work outdoors and drive for long periods, it can be challenging and hazardous.  But, men has been living  for centuries with it and adapt.  I would love to see snowfall in  the Alps in person. 

41 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

When you live in the tropics, you only see snow in the movies and it looks pretty, especially on the trees and Christmas ornaments, post cards ect.  When i first came to Canada, off course i had to taste it and well it is cold and wet, that's my description.  Never thought about putting it in my mouth again as water is always around.   In the caribbean, we had a man with a donkey cart moving about with a block of ice, condensed milk and local sryup.   He would shave the ice, press it, put it in a cup and add the syrup and milk.  5cents and on a hot day, that was fun and taste good.  We called it snowcone.

Snow can be a bitter sweet.  The kids playing making snow man ect, and me playing sports outdoors, is fun and keeps you active and once the body  starts to warm up you forget it is cold. I love it.   Those who have to work outdoors and drive for long periods, it can be challenging and hazardous.  But, men has been living  for centuries with it and adapt.  I would love to see snowfall in  the Alps in person. 

I would not like to live in a place where it was warm all the time. I like my seasons :)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi all

I, too, would rather live somewhere cold.  You can always warm up, but cooling down in the 41C degree heat is difficult.  If you don't live near a pool or something you have to use the aircon, which can be quite expensive.  Spare a thought for the poor people in the World who don't even know what aircon is.  I went to Bali in 2016 to watch my darling daughter and her lovely man get married.  It was so hot and humid, I couldn't wait to get back to the cool wintry weather of home.  I guess I must live a rather secluded life and could be considered "unAustralian", I suppose, as most Aussies love places like Bali and the other tropical places!  My daughter now lives in Europe and sent me pics of her playing in the snow.  Lucky duck!

8 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi all

I, too, would rather live somewhere cold.  You can always warm up, but cooling down in the 41C degree heat is difficult.  If you don't live near a pool or something you have to use the aircon, which can be quite expensive.  Spare a thought for the poor people in the World who don't even know what aircon is.  I went to Bali in 2016 to watch my darling daughter and her lovely man get married.  It was so hot and humid, I couldn't wait to get back to the cool wintry weather of home.  I guess I must live a rather secluded life and could be considered "unAustralian", I suppose, as most Aussies love places like Bali and the other tropical places!  My daughter now lives in Europe and sent me pics of her playing in the snow.  Lucky duck!

A lot of our homes do not have a/c because we do not have that many months that are super hot. I think I would prefer the summer months because at least you are not snowed in.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Sorry, MM - I really meant I felt sorry for the people in super hot countries who can't afford aircon.

Just now, SisterActs2 said:

Sorry, MM - I really meant I felt sorry for the people in super hot countries who can't afford aircon.

Oh me too. We did have some days last summer that were over 100 degrees. 95 degrees upstairs :unsure:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

You can always warm up, but cooling down in the 41C degree heat is difficult.

May 20, 2015 - Study: Cold kills 20 times more people than heat. Cold weather is 20 times as deadly as hot weather, and it's not the extreme low or high temperatures that cause the most deaths, according to a study published Wednesday. ... Of those, 5.4 million deaths were related to cold, while 311,000 were related to heat.

www . usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/05/20/cold-weather-deaths/27657269/