Guest BacKaran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I'm just waiting till someone declares that a racist phrase....

Gee,I would hope not,I started out a "snow bird" & then decided to stay.......Snow birds call themselves "Snow birds" if asked "Do you live in Florida?"....But you neverb know,huh Brother?LOL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Gee,I would hope not,I started out a "snow bird" & then decided to stay.......Snow birds call themselves "Snow birds" if asked "Do you live in Florida?"....But you neverb know,huh Brother?LOL

The phrase is known especially here in Canada, where the winter can be brutal and most folks[ retired] who can afford it, buy or rent condos and houses in Florida and spend the winter months there.  That's how i picked up on it when you mentioned it.   Just came back from Ft. Lauderldale in September and loved it. Hot, hot though and i mean scorching hot.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Just came back from Ft. Lauderldale in September and loved it. Hot, hot though and i mean scorching hot.   

Oh wow,you were 15 minutes from me,next time you are headed South do let us know,would be great to get together,do you come with the wife & family ?

Thanks for the suggestion and will keep it in mind for the next visit.  Actually, i am not a snowbird myself, but came with my siblings to attend a surprise birthday party.  The last time i was in Florida was fourteen years ago and i am disappointed with myself about that, as i could have visited more often, but i went to the sunny caribbean instead.   Just for the info, i am single and no family of my own, but two brothers and four sisters one of which have passed on.  They are all married and have kids, poor me. 

Cold here in Toronto today -10 feels like -16, but temp will go down tommorow to -2.    Life in the cold countries is unpredictable weather wise, but the weather forecasters has improved tremendously in the last couple years and are usually or most of the time correct.   Just a wonder on how that can be done is amazing.   

68f in Florida today, perfect time for a visit as the temp is just right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 1/7/2017 at 1:16 PM, MorningGlory said:

Well, for the first time this winter, I'm going to have to moan and groan about the cold.  It's in the 30s down here in Houston and I'm NOT going outside.  Ugh!

LOL you sound like me

Guest BacKaran

Well, I know people in Minnesota are starting to get grumpy from all this cold. Ummmm, that includes me.... Windy, sharp bitter wind but it was sunny so it looked really nice outside...

Perhaps a warm up as snow is on the way. Hey, gotta thank God for ending the drought our West! I wonder if that will help that salt lake any?

Guest BacKaran

Darn....I think MN is stuck in the freezer... Maybe someone is just lifting the lid for Monday and Tuesday...Lol!??

web_7day_640x436.jpg

41 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Darn....I think MN is stuck in the freezer... Maybe someone is just lifting the lid for Monday and Tuesday...Lol!??

4 def f ,that is still -15c, still very cold.  I bet the mechanics would not be short of work, with radiator busting, starting problems ect.   

Did you get your truck sorted out ?.  I pray the Lord would smile on you and you would get your truck up and running.  Keep warm still and hold tight.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Simon B and His First

I live in WA too.  I still think Feb is mostly the hottest month of the year here.  Today was only 35; not too bad.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Simon B and His First

I live in WA too.  I still think Feb is mostly the hottest month of the year here.  Today was only 35; not too bad.

Hi SisA2?

I'm actually a Maroons canetoad!!?

35 in WA must be bearable compared to ours - totally Unbearable!!