• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, OneLight said:

Here is what I look at when I think it's cold outside ... https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/current-summit-conditions.aspx

Ah, my homeland, so good to be far far from home! Love to visit now and again, but live there? Not so much.

Thanks for the great link.

I'm suffering a cool 61 degrees as the sun breaks above the horizon and begins to warm us for the day. Going t max out at 75 today, but will warm to 80 tomorrow. Come on Saturday!

Guest BacKaran

Well.... looks like I've had an inch of snowtah over night and its forecasted to begin snowing big time from noon today to Saturday....

But it's always 50/50 here, the line could move north or south but someplace somewhere will get a lot of snow soon!

Lol!!?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Davida said:

61 F?  We are at 10 degrees this AM ...... these are ear-muffs not headphones...:emot-headphones:   fYI we make really, REALLY good visitors/vacation guests LOL!!:P

Lol

Guest BacKaran

Uh, no.

White, cold, flaky, big or small...snow.

UPDATE FOR MN

UMMM, not much happening here, I was expecting at least 5" by now....hmmmm.

Stay tuned.....

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Uh, no.

White, cold, flaky, big or small...snow.

UPDATE FOR MN

UMMM, not much happening here, I was expecting at least 5" by now....hmmmm.

Stay tuned.....

Ok

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Report from the met office.

Friday, December 16, 2016, 2:05 PM - Thursday was a nightmare for drivers across southern Ontario, with intense snow squalls dropping dozens of centimetres of snow to some communities and bringing whiteout conditions at the peak of the evening commute.

Here is a pic of our soccer game in winter months[ hockey size nets ].   Most of those guys are over 50

20150221_154748.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 12/15/2016 at 6:06 PM, OneLight said:

I believe that is the temp on Mt. Washington, NH - at the observatory.  I posted a link, last post on the first page.

Hi one light,

Lebanon N.H.?

Native? 

I took my new bride to see the homeland twice this year, she loved it so much she would like us to live there. We exchanged our vows on the Mt. Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee , and stayed overlooking my old childhood summer retreat area of Squam and Little Squam at the manor there. Good time. Managed to book the ship right at Motorcycle rally weekend, ha- we were the only car at the pier!

Talked to one lone Biker at a gas station, he said he had been three days in the rain coming in from Newfoundland, does it every year, wouldn't miss it. The guy was still wet and near frozen in June!

If you can please share some of what is going on  there in addition to  "cold".

Thanks,

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

12 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Report from the met office.

Friday, December 16, 2016, 2:05 PM - Thursday was a nightmare for drivers across southern Ontario, with intense snow squalls dropping dozens of centimetres of snow to some communities and bringing whiteout conditions at the peak of the evening commute.

Here is a pic of our soccer game in winter months[ hockey size nets ].   Most of those guys are over 50

20150221_154748.jpg

Winter soccer, eh-

Good stuff! I do remember pick up hockey games on the lakes and ponds and city park rinks, but not much soccer back then in the stone age. Got the scars and the bad knees from it.- played goalie a lot because most of the "kids" were older and skated faster.  They used me mostly for a target I think. That was back in the day  of no masks and curved sticks were just being thought of. The pucks would lift fast and high. Aah the good old times- so glad I'm way way past it, and all I have to do is stay away from gators and cotton mouths when on the water.

Maybe there is a compromise place somewhere, but i haven't yet found it. I toured the smokies just recently looking But it kept catching on fire. We drove through more smoke than I ever did at New Hampshire. One place some of the fire dropped off the cliff above the road  onto the lane  going the other way. It was like a flaming nest of fire falling. I had just wondered aloud - " is that fire right above Us I can't see can you?" and plop fire in the other lane. Okay then lets keep agoing.  We did some of Georgia, North Carolina, went to  The Cove - Billy Graham retreat - to see Fernando Ortega concert there. Nice place, great people. Anyway it is going  to reach 80 degrees here  on the Suncoast today, perhaps I will get up to the nature coastline Suawannee River to see a house on the river  there.  

Hey, just what is it like to do a header at frozen landweather? Bet that smarts a bit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Winter soccer, eh-

Good stuff! I do remember pick up hockey games on the lakes and ponds and city park rinks, but not much soccer back then in the stone age. Got the scars and the bad knees from it.- played goalie a lot because most of the "kids" were older and skated faster.  They used me mostly for a target I think. That was back in the day  of no masks and curved sticks were just being thought of. The pucks would lift fast and high. Aah the good old times- so glad I'm way way past it, and all I have to do is stay away from gators and cotton mouths when on the water.

Maybe there is a compromise place somewhere, but i haven't yet found it. I toured the smokies just recently looking But it kept catching on fire. We drove through more smoke than I ever did at New Hampshire. One place some of the fire dropped off the cliff above the road  onto the lane  going the other way. It was like a flaming nest of fire falling. I had just wondered aloud - " is that fire right above Us I can't see can you?" and plop fire in the other lane. Okay then lets keep agoing.  We did some of Georgia, North Carolina, went to  The Cove - Billy Graham retreat - to see Fernando Ortega concert there. Nice place, great people. Anyway it is going  to reach 80 degrees here  on the Suncoast today, perhaps I will get up to the nature coastline Suawannee River to see a house on the river  there.  

Hey, just what is it like to do a header at frozen landweather? Bet that smarts a bit.

Great adventure there Neighbor.  Actually, when i first started to play soccer with these guys about eight years ago, i thought they were nuts  to be playing soccer in winter and especially with the white stuff on the ground.  But they have bee doing this for more than forty years and the play on mon-wed and saturday as a must.  It is  surprising  that the ball does not pickup snow and get heavy, as i guess it is kicked around a lot and if you keep moving you do not feel the cold at all, if fact you get to love it, plus falling in the snow is not worries.   I will be going out today for our game.  Lots of snowfall yesterday, so it will be our first ice game for the year.    We are the only guys as far as i know  who play soccer in the winter season, but it is great fun and keeps us active.  Heading the ball is normal as in summer, but not much of it as accuracy would be limited there.  Thanks for posting your adventure, i enjoyed reading it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi one light,

Lebanon N.H.?

Native? 

I took my new bride to see the homeland twice this year, she loved it so much she would like us to live there. We exchanged our vows on the Mt. Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee , and stayed overlooking my old childhood summer retreat area of Squam and Little Squam at the manor there. Good time. Managed to book the ship right at Motorcycle rally weekend, ha- we were the only car at the pier!

Talked to one lone Biker at a gas station, he said he had been three days in the rain coming in from Newfoundland, does it every year, wouldn't miss it. The guy was still wet and near frozen in June!

If you can please share some of what is going on  there in addition to  "cold".

Thanks,

Neighbor

Yup, a native of Lebanon, NH.  Spent the first 18 years of my life in this small, but lovely country town ... or city in NH as we have a whopping 13,474 population!  The area is growing in technology and healthcare (Dartmouth Hitchcock Memorial Hospital), making the number coming in to work somewhere near 25,000.

Laconia is still a hoping place during bike week, though it not as popular as it once was.  The "outlaw" biker clubs have all but disappeared in recent years.

Being a country type of state, not much ever changes.  Personally, I am a climber (sport and traditional climbing) and see mostly the vast wilderness and do my best to stay out of the cities.