Jump to content
n2thelight

Rapture vs the 2nd coming

Recommended Posts

Keras    218
2 hours ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

2 Timothy 4:1 - "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Notice they are two separate events.

 Jesus appears and then He reigns. 

Go back to 1st grade. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollinTHUNDER    1,249
1 hour ago, n2thelight said:

Matt 24 gives the signs of His coming.Where is the rapture in that chapter?

It's all over you charts you posted for comparison.  The rapture is the gathering together of His elect (Matt. 24:30-31).  He comes in the clouds and then sends the angels to gather His elect. 

Where does it say He touches down on the earth?  Where is the wrath?  Those who are ready will be going to the wedding supper (Luke 12:35-44).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n2thelight    787
12 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

It's all over you charts you posted for comparison.  The rapture is the gathering together of His elect (Matt. 24:30-31).  He comes in the clouds and then sends the angels to gather His elect. 

Where does it say He touches down on the earth?  Where is the wrath?  Those who are ready will be going to the wedding supper (Luke 12:35-44).

Zechariah 14:1 "Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee."

Zechariah 14:4 "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

This will happen on "the day of the Lord". God will shake the earth and send fire and brimstone upon it. The earthquakes will flatten the cities to where not one stone will stand upon another. Those two great mountains will shake, and the mount of Olives will split. All prophecies concerning Christ return include Mount Zion, and the Mount of Olives will be fulfilled. This is where Christ's feet will touch the earth, when He returns.

When Jesus and His disciples were departing out of Jerusalem before he would be delivered up to be crucified, they asked Him what it would be like at His second coming.

Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Edited by n2thelight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollinTHUNDER    1,249
3 minutes ago, Keras said:

 Jesus appears and then He reigns. 

Go back to 1st grade. 

Maybe you should study up on the feasts of the Lord (Lev. 23).  He will fulfill the fall feasts when He returns, which will take 3 weeks.  Judgment begins with the household of God (1 Pet. 4:17-18), followed by the judgment of the nations (Matt. 25:31-46 - sheep & goats).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollinTHUNDER    1,249
27 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Zechariah 14:1 "Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee."

Zechariah 14:4 "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

This will happen on "the day of the Lord". God will shake the earth and send fire and brimstone upon it. The earthquakes will flatten the cities to where not one stone will stand upon another. Those two great mountains will shake, and the mount of Olives will split. All prophecies concerning Christ return include Mount Zion, and the Mount of Olives will be fulfilled. This is where Christ's feet will touch the earth, when He returns.

When Jesus and His disciples were departing out of Jerusalem before he would be delivered up to be crucified, they asked Him what it would be like at His second coming.

Matthew 24:2 "And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

There will be a blood moon before the day of the Lord begins (Rev. 6:12-17), these cosmic disturbances are not the same as we find in Matt. 24:29-31.  Big difference in the phases of the moon, as a new moon and full moon are two weeks apart.

Also, the end of the great tribulation is not the end of the age, as there will be an additional 45 days (Dan. 12:11-13).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keras    218
59 minutes ago, rollinTHUNDER said:

Maybe you should study up on the feasts of the Lord (Lev. 23).  He will fulfill the fall feasts when He returns, which will take 3 weeks.  Judgment begins with the household of God (1 Pet. 4:17-18), followed by the judgment of the nations (Matt. 25:31-46 - sheep & goats).

Judgement begins with the Day of the Lord's wrath, the Sixth Seal. There are at least 7 years + from that worldwide disaster, until Jesus Returns. 

Explain why the Lord would need to judge the nations after the great Tribulation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×