Ghostdog

my story part 1

13 posts in this topic

ive broken my testimony into 3 parts starting with my birth until i first came to worthy.

i was born on october 4th 1980. i was born ojibway with FASD (fetal alcohol spectrum disorder) its caused by a mother who drinks during pregnancy. before i was a year old i had been abandoned by my birth mother and adopted by the people i call mom and dad. i have a white mother and an aboriginal father. i also have a sister who is 9 months younger than me, is adopted and also has FASD.

i spent the first 8 years of my life on a reservation then we moved because my mom wanted to be closer to her family. unfortunately that's when the bullying started as well and continued until i was finally pulled out of high school in grade 11. the thing is though i didn't know i was being bullied, one of the things that FASD affects is a persons judgement. i thought they were my friends.

while this was going on, my mom would bring me and my sister to church, we would go to sunday school and to pioneer club on sat nights. when i was 14 a man came and bought the land behind my house, put a small building there and started a church. in the spring i threw 3 rocks and broke three windows of that church. when my mom asked me about it i confessed and the man didn't lay charges but instead had a better idea. he was building a bigger church and was going to have me pay off the windows by having me help build it. that summer i helped build a pentecostal church.

i entered high school that fall and that's when i started to rebel. it was small things at first but by grade 11, it became bigger things like shoplifting and breaking into houses. i was only caught shoplifting once. i wasn't charged but i was banned from the mall for the rest of the school year and from that store for a year. i told a "friend" that i had broke into a house and when the police came to his house to ask questions he told them. but i had lied to my parents about it and they wouldn't let the police fingerprint me. i also started running away from home.

there was a lady who ran the sunday school at the church i helped build and when she would see me, she would ask if i would join the sunday school there to help with the christmas play. finally after the 5th or 6th time i thought i'll say yes just to shut her up. so i said yes and that sunday her son showed up at my door to bring me over. after it was done she told me that they were going to start practicing for the christmas concert soon. so i kept going to that sunday school and over time i became friends with her son. so the christmas concert came and i did my part and then my new friend asked me if i wanted to come to the service in the after noon so i did and then he asked if i wanted to come to a service that friday night i said yes and went. after the service the preacher gave an alter call and i went up. a man came up to me and lead me to Jesus and i accepted him there.

when i got home mom knew right away something had happened to me. (later she would tell me there was something different about my eyes) i told her what happened and she was so happy. a couple weeks later the rest of my family joined me in church. one day a new family started coming and they had 2 sons and 2 daughters. i developed a crush on the oldest daughter and eventually i stopped going to seek God. i went to church just to see her and it changed how God interacted with me. i no longer danced in the spirit, spoke in tongues and people stopped laying hands on me. i was still a baby christian and i didn't understand that i had let someone get between me and God.

my family would leave the church not to return and i left with them. over the next 6 years i would graduate high school had gotten and quit my first job but i was isolated and alone. i got another job and me and my sister finally moved out of my parents house. we lived together at first and for the first time we had internet. after a week i went looking for a christian chatroom and worthy was the first one i came across so i joined.

Hi GD.  Glad to read your testimony.  I praise God you have come to the Worthy site because there are some excellent teachers here.  I only joined in November 16.  I was looking for fellowship, new Christian friends, an online church I suppose.  Hang in there, bro.  As you spend more time with Jesus He will show you the way.  He has already brought you through a lot.  He loves you so much, He loves us all so much.  Don't let the enemy get to you.  Just keep praising Jesus; keep focussing on Him.  He abides in those who trust in Him.  We should all read, study and memorise scripture.  As we do this it will keep us from being deceived by the enemy, as we will know what He said.  God bless you.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:15 AM, Ghostdog said:

ive broken my testimony into 3 parts starting with my birth until i first came to worthy.

i was born on october 4th 1980. i was born ojibway with FASD (fetal alcohol spectrum disorder) its caused by a mother who drinks during pregnancy. before i was a year old i had been abandoned by my birth mother and adopted by the people i call mom and dad. i have a white mother and an aboriginal father. i also have a sister who is 9 months younger than me, is adopted and also has FASD.

i spent the first 8 years of my life on a reservation then we moved because my mom wanted to be closer to her family. unfortunately that's when the bullying started as well and continued until i was finally pulled out of high school in grade 11. the thing is though i didn't know i was being bullied, one of the things that FASD affects is a persons judgement. i thought they were my friends.

while this was going on, my mom would bring me and my sister to church, we would go to sunday school and to pioneer club on sat nights. when i was 14 a man came and bought the land behind my house, put a small building there and started a church. in the spring i threw 3 rocks and broke three windows of that church. when my mom asked me about it i confessed and the man didn't lay charges but instead had a better idea. he was building a bigger church and was going to have me pay off the windows by having me help build it. that summer i helped build a pentecostal church.

i entered high school that fall and that's when i started to rebel. it was small things at first but by grade 11, it became bigger things like shoplifting and breaking into houses. i was only caught shoplifting once. i wasn't charged but i was banned from the mall for the rest of the school year and from that store for a year. i told a "friend" that i had broke into a house and when the police came to his house to ask questions he told them. but i had lied to my parents about it and they wouldn't let the police fingerprint me. i also started running away from home.

there was a lady who ran the sunday school at the church i helped build and when she would see me, she would ask if i would join the sunday school there to help with the christmas play. finally after the 5th or 6th time i thought i'll say yes just to shut her up. so i said yes and that sunday her son showed up at my door to bring me over. after it was done she told me that they were going to start practicing for the christmas concert soon. so i kept going to that sunday school and over time i became friends with her son. so the christmas concert came and i did my part and then my new friend asked me if i wanted to come to the service in the after noon so i did and then he asked if i wanted to come to a service that friday night i said yes and went. after the service the preacher gave an alter call and i went up. a man came up to me and lead me to Jesus and i accepted him there.

when i got home mom knew right away something had happened to me. (later she would tell me there was something different about my eyes) i told her what happened and she was so happy. a couple weeks later the rest of my family joined me in church. one day a new family started coming and they had 2 sons and 2 daughters. i developed a crush on the oldest daughter and eventually i stopped going to seek God. i went to church just to see her and it changed how God interacted with me. i no longer danced in the spirit, spoke in tongues and people stopped laying hands on me. i was still a baby christian and i didn't understand that i had let someone get between me and God.

my family would leave the church not to return and i left with them. over the next 6 years i would graduate high school had gotten and quit my first job but i was isolated and alone. i got another job and me and my sister finally moved out of my parents house. we lived together at first and for the first time we had internet. after a week i went looking for a christian chatroom and worthy was the first one i came across so i joined.

Glory to God that you found this place!

On 12/19/2016 at 4:15 AM, Ghostdog said:

Thank you Ghostdog for sharing this. It is not always easy to put your story out there for everyone to read. And have people comment on. Bless you for sharing your story. I have been interested in reading it since I heard about your name change in this group :)

On 12/19/2016 at 5:15 AM, Ghostdog said:

Thanks for sharing Ghostdog, God bless brother.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, Ghostdog said:

HI Ghostdog,

So good to read how you are coming through life`s trials. Lots of good friends here, and you also have something to contribute.

all the best, Marilyn.

Hello there Ghostdog,

Great to have you here with us sharing your testimony.  It was wise of you to decide on the 3 part option too.  Now you have more time to recall each event and put it into text.  I am glad that so far, there has not been any violence mentioned in your story.  And please don't forget to include your sister as you write.  We are interested in her also.  

Waiting for chapter 2.                                 God Bless

On 6/8/2017 at 1:50 AM, Marilyn C said:

HI Ghostdog,

So good to read how you are coming through life`s trials. Lots of good friends here, and you also have something to contribute.

all the best, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C, I agree. Thanks Ghostdog. Hope you continue to share. Blessings. :)

On 12/31/2016 at 1:44 AM, SisterActs2 said:

Hi GD.  Glad to read your testimony.  I praise God you have come to the Worthy site because there are some excellent teachers here.  I only joined in November 16.  I was looking for fellowship, new Christian friends, an online church I suppose.  Hang in there, bro.  As you spend more time with Jesus He will show you the way.  He has already brought you through a lot.  He loves you so much, He loves us all so much.  Don't let the enemy get to you.  Just keep praising Jesus; keep focussing on Him.  He abides in those who trust in Him.  We should all read, study and memorise scripture.  As we do this it will keep us from being deceived by the enemy, as we will know what He said.  God bless you.

Hi SisterActs2, Ghostdog had made mention of sharing his testimony, so I am glad to have found it. It is good to read your story too. And to see that you are still with Worthy. Blessings.  :read:

On 6/8/2017 at 11:47 PM, 1x1is1 said:

Hello there Ghostdog,

Great to have you here with us sharing your testimony.  It was wise of you to decide on the 3 part option too.  Now you have more time to recall each event and put it into text.  I am glad that so far, there has not been any violence mentioned in your story.  And please don't forget to include your sister as you write.  We are interested in her also.  

Waiting for chapter 2.                                 God Bless

Hey Ghostdog, I agree with 1x1is1, we are looking forward to reading more. Blessings. :read: