(The) Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood

In the Woods: A Novel By Tana French

• Loved it! 1

Boundaries.  Cloud and Townsend

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2017 at 8:48 PM, gerbilwoman said:

Child's Child, The by Barbara Vine

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Besides the bible... Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) and The Shack (William Paul Young) ➡➡➡➡ Highly recommended guys.

God Bless.

18 minutes ago, Andreina said:

Besides the bible... Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) and The Shack (William Paul Young) ➡➡➡➡ Highly recommended guys.

God Bless.

The Shack: HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!  Im sorry but since you have written this on a world wide web,I feel led  to post opposing this book so that others will not stumble.  I have to defend the faith with truth.  I  oppose this book as a good thing for anyone seeking the true  truine LORD. There are many reputable men of God who oppose this book  and say it is heresy against the Sovereign LORD.  This is just one of the reviews you can find online.  There are MANY.

" This book includes undiluted heresy. ... It is a deeply troubling book. ... It is intended, undoubtedly, as a way of trying to bring about some kind of redefinition or new understanding of the Christian faith. ... The main character says at one point that he now understands that everything he learned at seminary was basically all wrong."

"Throughout the book there is this kind of subversive strain teaching that new and fresh revelation is much more relevant and important than the kind of knowledge we gain in sermons or seminaries or Scripture. ... At several points I felt as if the author was encouraging the reader to deconstruct what they know of Christian theology and to embrace something new. But the faith Young reconstructs is simply not the faith of the Bible."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/pastors/2008/june-online-only/taking-shack-to-shed.html

Blessings :) 

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

The Shack: HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!  Im sorry but since you have written this on a world wide web,I feel led  to post opposing this book so that others will not stumble.  I have to defend the faith with truth.  I  oppose this book as a good thing for anyone seeking the true  truine LORD. There are many reputable men of God who oppose this book  and say it is heresy against the Sovereign LORD.  This is just one of the reviews you can find online.  There are MANY.

" This book includes undiluted heresy. ... It is a deeply troubling book. ... It is intended, undoubtedly, as a way of trying to bring about some kind of redefinition or new understanding of the Christian faith. ... The main character says at one point that he now understands that everything he learned at seminary was basically all wrong."

"Throughout the book there is this kind of subversive strain teaching that new and fresh revelation is much more relevant and important than the kind of knowledge we gain in sermons or seminaries or Scripture. ... At several points I felt as if the author was encouraging the reader to deconstruct what they know of Christian theology and to embrace something new. But the faith Young reconstructs is simply not the faith of the Bible."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/pastors/2008/june-online-only/taking-shack-to-shed.html

Thanks for the article Blueyedjewel, I just read it. I have to admit I did not like so much the idea of giving a "shape" to God, , however, there are good things to rescue, for example, the idea that men has become independent of God and because of that they need to be reconciled with Him and have a genuine relationship with Him,  I think that is the main message, we must grasp good things and reject bad ones, but for that it is important to us having understanding.

From now on I think it is not convenient for me to keep recommending the book or at least being cautious about it :D

Until now I had not read a comment against the book, but I am grateful that you have commented, it is important to acquire knowledge.

Thank you very much!!!

Blessings :th_wave:

2 hours ago, Andreina said:

Thanks for the article Blueyedjewel, I just read it. I have to admit I did not like so much the idea of giving a "shape" to God, , however, there are good things to rescue, for example, the idea that men has become independent of God and because of that they need to be reconciled with Him and have a genuine relationship with Him,  I think that is the main message, we must grasp good things and reject bad ones, but for that it is important to us having understanding.

From now on I think it is not convenient for me to keep recommending the book or at least being cautious about it :D

Until now I had not read a comment against the book, but I am grateful that you have commented, it is important to acquire knowledge.

Thank you very much!!!

Blessings :th_wave:

Your very welcome sis. Satan takes a glimmer of truth and twists it and that is how  people are deceived! I consider the book wicked!!   There are many negative reviews on this book.  I agree with all of them.

Collossians2: 8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ.