• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

it does not make sense that it is being used figuratively because in the OT those jews were not looking for a sacrificial lamb.  They wanted the Lion of Judah to roar.   iron rod and all that.  it was a specific day. 

if heaven and earth pass away before He returns what exactly would He be returning to? 

Hi Cletus,

Did you read carefully what I said regarding all the events to happen within the Day of the Lord. I`ll post them again -

That time period includes Israel`s final 7 year chastisement, Jacob`s trouble, Jesus` deliverance of Israel, earthly judgment of the nations, & on through the Millennium till the Great White Throne with the heavens & earth being burnt up. (at the end)

As to what Israel was looking for - the wolf & the lamb lying down together on Israel`s holy mountain, the lion eating straw, the ruling with the rod of iron & then the New Heavens & New Earth time. (Isa. 65: 25, Ps. 2: 9,  Isa. 65: 17)

Still looking for that scripture I asked for - showing that the New Heavens & New Earth happen when the Lord comes. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

56 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I did indeed read it carefully.  And what you said is wrong.  I dont really need to quote a scripture since what you typed above agrees with what i said.  ... "at the end." 

Hi Cletus,

Glad you read my comment, however we need to take note that the Apostle Peter says - `the Day of the Lord .....in which the heavens will pass away...` (2 Peter 3: 10) That clearly shows that it is a period of time.

Now it seems to me you are saying that the Day of the Lord is when the Lord comes & then there is a New Heavens & New Earth. You have not substantiated that yet. Also this goes against what the prophet Zechariah says - that the Lord will go to the tents of Judah & them the house of David etc (Zech. 12: 7) & then the nations will be judged & those left have to go up to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If they don`t theh no rain falls on their land - bringing famine, disease, sickness etc, etc. Thus we see that it is NOT the New Heavens & New Earth when the Lord comes. 

Note as I said before the Day of the Lord is a single day, (when the Lord comes) & also a time period.

What I am questioning you is in regards to what you said -

`In addition to that, the heavens and earth do not pass away until Jesus returns and the earth and the works that are in it will not be burned up until Jesus returns`

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 2/23/2017 at 1:00 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Cletus,

Glad you read my comment, however we need to take note that the Apostle Peter says - `the Day of the Lord .....in which the heavens will pass away...` (2 Peter 3: 10) That clearly shows that it is a period of time.

Now it seems to me you are saying that the Day of the Lord is when the Lord comes & then there is a New Heavens & New Earth. You have not substantiated that yet. Also this goes against what the prophet Zechariah says - that the Lord will go to the tents of Judah & them the house of David etc (Zech. 12: 7) & then the nations will be judged & those left have to go up to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If they don`t theh no rain falls on their land - bringing famine, disease, sickness etc, etc. Thus we see that it is NOT the New Heavens & New Earth when the Lord comes. 

Note as I said before the Day of the Lord is a single day, (when the Lord comes) & also a time period.

What I am questioning you is in regards to what you said -

`In addition to that, the heavens and earth do not pass away until Jesus returns and the earth and the works that are in it will not be burned up until Jesus returns`

Marilyn.

Amen.

Heaven and earth will pass away, and we will be given a new heaven.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This like an interesting discussion on a passage of the Word of God.

Am I allowed to make comments on here?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Luke 18:18-23
Are you sure enought about Day of Lord to sell everything that you have and follow him ?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

28 minutes ago, wanduh2 said:

This like an interesting discussion on a passage of the Word of God.

Am I allowed to make comments on here?

Sure! :)

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21

Thanks!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, wanduh2 said:

Thanks!

Hi wanduh,if you have comments or questions please ask ,the time is drawing is near and we have to be ready to meet the Lord,we have to witness and pray for so many people who don't know who Jesus is!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I think to better understand end times prophecy you often have to connect passages,which means going back to the Old Testament. There are probably many places you can find relevant prophecy scriptures but the account of Noah is very significant since Jesus said the end times would be "as in the days(plural) of Noah." There will be a period of time leading up to the main event that begins the great tribulation. Once Noah entered the ark then it all began,and I believe the ark represents that same protection God will provide for His Elect,in what way or means is yet to be seen. But Noah was in the ark for a total of one year and 10 days,and I personally believe that is significant as well given that the time of GREAT tribulation will be shortened from the final 3 1/2 years. Also there was a 150 day period until the waters started to finally recede. Also a 5 month period mentioned in Revelation where those with the "mark" are tormented,probably near the very end of that period.

I guess the main thing to remember is that it may all play out a lot different than we expect,since the book of Daniel doesn't in any way imply that we will know when that first half of the 70th week(7 years) will begin or even that we will be aware once it has. Other than when the Anti-Christ will "confirm the covenant" and then break it in the midst of that period. And by "covenant" it most likely means he will side with Israel over Palestine but this is not necessarily a peace deal,and even could be done in secret. We may not even be aware that the first 3 1/2 years has even begun.  But speaking of the "Day of the Lord" remember that a day with the Lord is as 1,000 years and vice-versa. And technically we have been experiencing over 1,000 years of "tribulation" given all the wars and destruction and the Christian martyrs,especially in the 20th century alone. Which in my opinion shoots down those reasons for a pre-trib. Rapture,since no one else has "escaped" there own horrible deaths. But I do believe again we will have God's protection and even if we are killed by these same judgements on the wicked it will be instantaneous by God's mercy on us. 

But speaking of that specific "day" that comes as a thief in the night, I think it's stated that way since you couldn't word it as the 1,260 days of the Lord which would lose the meaning of what scripture is trying to teach. And what comes as a "thief" in the night is obviously the beginning of it all since the very final end would not be a surprise at all and even may be expected by those still alive and aware of the prophetic timetable. But anyway just how I see things possibly taking place and sorry for maybe being a bit "wordy" but just had a lot of thoughts I wanted to express at one time.

~DavidB       

Edited by Dwalker45
Sentence corrections...

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Dwalker45 said:

I think to better understand end times prophecy you often have to connect passages,which means going back to the Old Testament. There are probably many places you can find relevant prophecy scriptures but the account of Noah is very significant since Jesus said the end times would be "as in the days(plural) of Noah." There will be a period of time leading up to the main event that begins the great tribulation. Once Noah entered the ark then it all began,and I believe the ark represents that same protection God will provide for His Elect,in what way or means is yet to be seen. But Noah was in the ark for a total of one year and 10 days,and I personally believe that is significant as well given that the time of GREAT tribulation will be shortened from the final 3 1/2 years. Also there was a 150 day period until the waters started to finally recede. Also a 5 month period mentioned in Revelation where those with the "mark" are tormented,probably near the very end of that period.

I guess the main thing to remember is that it may all play out a lot different than we expect,since the book of Daniel doesn't in any way imply that we will know when that first half of the 70th week(7 years) will begin or even that we will be aware once it has. Other than when the Anti-Christ will "confirm the covenant" and then break it in the midst of that period. And by "covenant" it most likely means he will side with Israel over Palestine but this is not necessarily a peace deal,and even could be done in secret. We may not even be aware that the first 3 1/2 years has even begun.  But speaking of the "Day of the Lord" remember that a day with the Lord is as 1,000 years and vice-versa. And technically we have been experiencing over 1,000 years of "tribulation" given all the wars and destruction and the Christian martyrs,especially in the 20th century alone. Which in my opinion shoots down those reasons for a pre-trib. Rapture,since no one else has "escaped" there own horrible deaths. But I do believe again we will have God's protection and even if we are killed by these same judgements on the wicked it will be instantaneous by God's mercy on us. 

But speaking of that specific "day" that comes as a thief in the night, I think it's stated that way since you couldn't word it as the 1,260 days of the Lord which would lose the meaning of what scripture is trying to teach. And what comes as a "thief" in the night is obviously the beginning of it all since the very final end would not be a surprise at all and even may be expected by those still alive and aware of the prophetic timetable. But anyway just how I see things possibly taking place and sorry for maybe being a bit "wordy" but just had a lot of thoughts I wanted to express at one time.

~DavidB       

Hi David,

You said:

We may not even be aware that the first 3 1/2 years has even begun.  and that the tribulation will be shortened by 3 !/2 years? Where did you get that?

Do you have  scripture?