angels4u

The Day of the Lord

21 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2017 at 1:00 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Cletus,

Glad you read my comment, however we need to take note that the Apostle Peter says - `the Day of the Lord .....in which the heavens will pass away...` (2 Peter 3: 10) That clearly shows that it is a period of time.

Now it seems to me you are saying that the Day of the Lord is when the Lord comes & then there is a New Heavens & New Earth. You have not substantiated that yet. Also this goes against what the prophet Zechariah says - that the Lord will go to the tents of Judah & them the house of David etc (Zech. 12: 7) & then the nations will be judged & those left have to go up to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If they don`t theh no rain falls on their land - bringing famine, disease, sickness etc, etc. Thus we see that it is NOT the New Heavens & New Earth when the Lord comes. 

Note as I said before the Day of the Lord is a single day, (when the Lord comes) & also a time period.

What I am questioning you is in regards to what you said -

`In addition to that, the heavens and earth do not pass away until Jesus returns and the earth and the works that are in it will not be burned up until Jesus returns`

Marilyn.

Amen.

Heaven and earth will pass away, and we will be given a new heaven.