IGNORED

Choosing not to veto, Obama lets anti-settlement resolution pass at UN Security Council

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,282
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - In a stunning departure from its policy over the last eight years, the Obama administration abstained from voting on a United Nations Security Council resolution Friday that demands an immediate halt to all Israeli settlement construction in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, enabling the measure to pass.

The resolution was approved with 14 member states voting in favor, none voting against, and one abstention — the United States.

The text calls on all states “to distinguish, in their relevant dealings, between the territory of the State of Israel and the territories occupied since 1967” — language that Israel fears will lead to a surge in boycott and sanctions efforts, and that an Israeli official warned would provide “a tailwind for terror.” [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

1. Shameful ....our muslem prez has shown his true colors again

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This  will be impossible to reverse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, other one said:

UN resolutions are basically meaningless, as is the UN.  Just hot air.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, other one said:

Doesn't matter.  The UN resolutions are as worthless as the paper they're written and Israel can just ignore them anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They can result in sanctions which are not good.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, other one said:

They can result in sanctions which are not good.

Once Trump is place, that's not going to be a problem for Israel.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think what isn't to be ignored is the behavior of our current president in this matter. I think he's going to show his true colors now that he has no one to impress so as to achieve the office of choice being he's leaving the highest one after eight years. 

Obama today repealed the post 9/11 2001 Bush Jr. era, National Security Entry-Exit Registration System. It was a security measure implemented for national security reasons.  Requiring males originating from 25 high risk extremist countries to register in person when entering the U.S. . And to submit to questioning and fingerprinting at an immigration and naturalization service office. 

Obama has till January 20th to show his true colors . Anyone else afraid of what those are? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Once Trump is place, that's not going to be a problem for Israel.

Yeah. There were no sanctions with what passed today from what I understand. If the US moves its embassy to Jerusalem that would be ten times the message that this was.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

I remember Obama when he was President elect he said the United States will be a friend to Israel. Today Netanyahu said, 'friends don't take friends to the Security Council'. I agree. Mind you, I'm a life long Democrat who voted for Obama twice but I have never understood not just Obama but America's foreign policy regarding Israel. In what world does it make sense of Israel to return to the 1967 borders? It would be national suicide and if anyone has a vested interest in the success of Israel in the Middle East it's the U.S.. Truth is we don't have a lot of allies in the Middle East and if we have a better friend in that part of the world I don't know who it would be.

I don't know if moving the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem is a good idea. I mean I think it makes a lot of sense to keep things in Tel Aviv for purely practical reasons, there just isn't that much there is Jerusalem. For all it's history and obvious significance to Christians and Jews alike I think it makes a lot more sense to keep things where all the other embassies and government facilities are. I am also deeply and profoundly concerned that such a decision could turn Jerusalem, that literally means, 'city of peace', into a war zone.

To be honest I feel we have betrayed Israel in this vote, I wish I could see a silver lining but what could it possibly be? I don't think Israel is innocent in the Palestinian Israel conflict but they are clearly the best of the bad guys. Let's hope President elect Trump helps the international community elevate their thinking. I'm not overly optimistic but it's about time Israel had a real friend in the Oval Office.

Grace and peace,
Mark