IGNORED

Choosing not to veto, Obama lets anti-settlement resolution pass at UN Security Council

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

can anyone be innocent in dealing with radical Islamic's and survive?     History tells me no.......

Guest shiloh357
On 12/27/2016 at 11:07 PM, thilipsis said:

I don't know if moving the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem is a good idea. I mean I think it makes a lot of sense to keep things in Tel Aviv for purely practical reasons, there just isn't that much there is Jerusalem. For all it's history and obvious significance to Christians and Jews alike I think it makes a lot more sense to keep things where all the other embassies and government facilities are. I am also deeply and profoundly concerned that such a decision could turn Jerusalem, that literally means, 'city of peace', into a war zone.

Yeah, well it is not our place to tell another sovereign nation where their capital should be.  We would not appreciate other nations refusing to send their ambassadors to DC, but rather sending them to New York or Boston.    Israel is not a vassal nation to the US and putting our embassy there is the right and practical thing to do. 

Jerusalem is already a war zone in some places.   Terrorist strike in various parts of the city all of the time.  Time to do the right thing and move the embassy where it belongs in Jerusalem. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, well it is not our place to tell another sovereign nation where their capital should be.  We would not appreciate other nations refusing to send their ambassadors to DC, but rather sending them to New York or Boston.    Israel is not a vassal nation to the US and putting our embassy there is the right and practical thing to do. 

Jerusalem is already a war zone in some places.   Terrorist strike in various parts of the city all of the time.  Time to do the right thing and move the embassy where it belongs in Jerusalem. 

Like, is it going to make them  hate us any more?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The us had pledged to put the embassy in jerusalem years ago but never did. Trump is merely carrying through that resolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act