Now I Feel Bad About The Whole Thing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

So my mother in law invited us to her place for Christmas. I called her a few moments ago about what to bring and she has already gotten everything. But now she is complaining about having to pay for Christmas dinner. And she went on and on about it. How money is tight and she may have to sale the house she just bought last year. Now I just feel bad about the whole thing. I mean she invited us for Christmas and now she makes me feel like I am some kind of freeloader for deciding to come. It's not like we go eat at her house everyday. Anyway I just feel bad now about it. :mellow:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

36 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

So my mother in law invited us to her place for Christmas. I called her a few moments ago about what to bring and she has already gotten everything. But now she is complaining about having to pay for Christmas dinner. And she went on and on about it. How money is tight and she may have to sale the house she just bought last year. Now I just feel bad about the whole thing. I mean she invited us for Christmas and now she makes me feel like I am some kind of freeloader for deciding to come. It's not like we go eat at her house everyday. Anyway I just feel bad now about it. :mellow:

Your mother in law sounds like a toxic person. You have a choice to go to her house for Christmas or just stay home and have your own Christmas.

15 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Your mother in law sounds like a toxic person. You have a choice to go to her house for Christmas or just stay home and have your own Christmas.

Yeah I know but when she asked about Christmas it sounded from what she was saying that no one was going to show up. And I felt bad about her being all alone on Christmas and it just felt like we should go to her place. So that is how it happen. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Truthfully, your mom needs some kind of counseling or something.   That is just not rational thinking.   Does she take any kind of medication with side effects that affect her mentally?  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah I know but when she asked about Christmas it sounded from what she was saying that no one was going to show up. And I felt bad about her being all alone on Christmas and it just felt like we should go to her place. So that is how it happen. 

Maybe no one is going to show up because she is not a very nice person. Maybe extend her some grace and invite her to your house.  There are consequences to your actions.

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Maybe no one is going to show up because she is not a very nice person. Maybe extend her some grace and invite her to your house.  There are consequences to your actions.

Well she already invited us to her place and I am not really prepared for Christmas dinner here. I think she just is only happy when she is trying to be unhappy, if you know what I mean. 

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Truthfully, your mom needs some kind of counseling or something.   That is just not rational thinking.   Does she take any kind of medication with side effects that affect her mentally?  

No medication is not the excuse.  She just wants to complain about stuff. She is never happy. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Why does God let us cross paths with people who try our patience?  Perhaps we need them to grow!

Also, perhaps she is simply hungering for someone to really, really care?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So my mother in law invited us to her place for Christmas. I called her a few moments ago about what to bring and she has already gotten everything. But now she is complaining about having to pay for Christmas dinner. And she went on and on about it. How money is tight and she may have to sale the house she just bought last year. Now I just feel bad about the whole thing. I mean she invited us for Christmas and now she makes me feel like I am some kind of freeloader for deciding to come. It's not like we go eat at her house everyday...

Well she already invited us to her place and I am not really prepared for Christmas dinner here. I think she just is only happy when she is trying to be unhappy, if you know what I mean. 

She just wants to complain about stuff. She is never happy. 

Look to be led of God.
If this has been ongoing on for a while, and you wish to be home, sometimes hot dogs and beans can be more peaceable Christmas dinner that one I originally thought was free, and now feel like a freeloader in a complaining, unhappy, house.

Pro 17:1  Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife.

Praying.
Keep her in prayer for her salvation!

Okay well we are going. Despite everything. If we don't go she will be mad because she bought all the food and we didn't show up. I just think it is a little rude talking about how much money and all of that after you invite someone over for dinner. She is just a difficult person to get along with.  Still one more day till Christmas. I will have to think how best to live in peace with this very difficult person.