• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:36 PM, BK1110 said:

As a heavy metal fan, there's a bunch of music that can be just offensive. Most bands just use it for shock value and imagery they think is "cool" or edgy, and aren't actually trying to promote things. But that doesn't mean I'm comfortable with it.

There are more and more Christian metal bands these days, though. Theocracy is my personal favorite, though they're prog metal, unlike Ghost.

If you think "Bible" by Ghost is beautiful, look up "Mirror of Souls" by Theocracy on Youtube. Its 22 and a half minutes long and is one of the most wonderful pieces of music every written, in this Christian metal fan's opinion.

But more generally about your issue, wouldn't it be a better witness to your sister if you did not partake of Ghost, instead listening to something a little better, and hopefully she might hear something from a better band that might influence her? Just a thought.

Hi BK1110

I plan on posting Mirror of Souls in a music thread.  I don't realy like heavy metal, but for those who do this band is a good alternative to secular metal.

Also, I 'd like to add that I can't respect performers who do NOT represent honestly who they are.

Alice Cooper for instance because I heard him say myself that he believes in God and that his stage personality is just a character he made up.

I find this MORE offensive than if he really believed what he protrayed on stage.  He's not even honest.  If one believes in good, he should not be glorifying satan. 

Just a thought.

Fran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Fran

Welcome To Worthy,I's good to remember when we we were also deaf & blind .before Christ Jesus rather than be offended by the "unbelievers" ignorance,,,,,believing in God does not mean that one can ever gain Wisdom or Understanding....

King James Bible
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:19

Perhaps Alice Cooper has not come to know Jesus........I do remember when as a Believer I was so hindered by the spirit of pride that I could not even hear the still Small Voice of God Who Abides IN ME,I can only imagine how many folks I must have offended,I do hope they have forgiven me as I have been forgiven

With love-in Christ,Kwik