inchrist

Two House Theology and its eschatological significance

643 posts in this topic

Firstly I ask of the mods not to delete this thread as this needs to be discussed in order to better understand eschatology.

There has been a  growing trend  of misunderstanding surrounding what many on here call  Two House Theology.  

The misunderstanding stems from teachings from those who have an anti semtic agenda who are erroneously teaching that all Christians are biologically the physical DNA descendants of the House of Ephraim, in essence introducing one of the extreme elements called Replacement Theology.

Replacement Theology,   falsely states that born-again Gentiles have  replaced  the natural born Israelites in the plan of salvation for all of mankind.

From that there has been the erroneous belief that due to these teachings, is what is the true nature of Two House Theology is all about.

Worthy Christian posters, two wrongs do not make a right.

We are then left with the opposite extreme called dispensation theology which teaches more of an Apartheid theology, which being an Afrikaans word meaning  separateness or the state of being apart, segregating groups. 

That the Church which is a theocratic spiritual government system is to be seperated away from Israel a nation with its government system based on Judaic government system - which by the way Christ nailed to the cross.

That it is impossible to associated the word Christian with an Israelite believer in Christ.

That the church has a higher inheritance to dwell in heaven while the people of Israel are placed in an inferior inheritance are to dwell on earth.

What needs to be cleared up is the Church is not a physical nation it is a Theocratic Governing System with Christ as its head King that will replace all governing systems

The Two House doctrine is neither of these two extremes called Replacement Theology or Dispensation Theology, its true essence revolves around reconciliation primary focused on the two biological physical DNA descendants of the House of Ephraim and the House Of Judah. 

It is through their fall and reconciliation that the plan of salvation is offered to the rest of mankind who are known as companions in Ezekiel 37, neither of these companions replacing the biological DNA israelites reconcilation process or seperating itself from the biological DNA israelites reconciliation process but we are instead GRAFTED into the reconciliation process of the Biological DNA Israelites.

The Two House doctrine was even understood by the Jews themselves....and no anti semitism was raised or even taught in the doctrine of how the Jews understood what the Two house doctrine is about.

Here is Rabbi Akiva and Rabbi Eliezar discussing whether the 10 tribes are to return to the Land of Israel or not.

The Babylonian Talmud (Mishnah) Sanhedrin 110b:

"The Ten Tribes will not return [to the Land of Israel], for it is said, 'And cast them into another land, as is this day: just as the day goes and does not return, so they too went and will not return.' 

This is R. Akiba's view. R. Eliezer said: 'As this day—just as the day darkens and then becomes light again, so the ten tribes—even as it went dark for them, so will it become light for them."

We also learn from scripture that the Two House theology is a biblical reality

Ezekiel 37:16

Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions

This is the one stick doctrine, you can not have a one stick theology end time doctrine without there being two sticks prior.

Further Ezekiel is also the ONE New Man Doctrine

Ephesians 2:14-16

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.

Which is directly quoted from Ezekiel 37:26 in the context of the Two Houses

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever.

Scripture must interpret scripture.

One of the objections Ive heard is Israel has been partially restored in the reign of King Cyrus.

This is completely nonsense 

With such logic are we to assume then in 2 Chronicles 15:9 that God has partially restored Israel?

Then he assembled all Judah and Benjamin and the people from Ephraim, Manasseh and Simeon who had settled among them, for large numbers had come over to him from Israel when they saw that the LORD his God was with him.

The answer is no, 

The restoring and any part of the restoring partial or non partial can only take place by the cross as per  Ezekiel 37:26 & Ephesians 2:14-16

The other biggest hurdle being faced is that it is unthinkable for an Israelite to become a gentile.

One seems to forget that Ephraim was born to a gentile mother to an Israelite father in a gentile land called Egypt.

When the kingdom of Israel split into two Kingdoms we learn from Hosea 7:8,   “Ephraim mixes himself with the peoples”. in otherwords Ephraim wanted to mix himself with gentiles. 

Ephraim had the spirit of being a gentile. It was in Ephraims nature to want to be a gentile. In other words Ephraim sojourned with the gentiles, Ephraim sort to graft himself with the gentiles.

Now the reverse happens, Ephraim (still biological Israel) REPENTS a picture of TRUE REPENTANCE

Jer 31:18-20

My God, till I receive Thy stroke,

How like a beast was I!
So unaccustom’d to the yoke,
So backward to comply.

With grief my just reproach I bear;
Shame fills me at the thought,
How frequent my rebellions were,
What wickedness I wrought.

Thy merciful restraint I scorn’d,
And left the pleasant road;
Yet turn me, and I shall be turn’d;
Thou are the Lord my God.

Here God heres Ephraims repentance

I have surely heard Ephraim’s moaning

Here God accepts Ephraims repentance

Therefore my heart yearns for him;  I have great compassion for him,”

Here God offers a new marriage covenant To Ephraim

The days are coming,” declares the Lord,

“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
    and with the people of Judah.

The only Group that has rejected the Messiah is the House of Judah.

Based on true Repentance and God being no fool accepts the repentance to be true by Ephraim. Based on the evidence of Ephraims heart to be true is destined to accept the Messiah as Ephraim declared to God to be turned to God by accepting the New Covenant.

Evidence of Ephraim recieving the Messiah is respresented by the Samaritan woman. Samartian being another name for Ephraim

whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.

Ephraims response

Sir, give me this water

Here Christ qualifies Ephraims faith

He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

Ephraim response

“I have no husband,”

Because God divorced Ephraim and based on Ephraims repentance sort no other Husband but that of GOD alone.

Here Ephraim knew that a new marriage covenant was coming

The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.

Ephraim was always distined to accept the Messiah were Judah was destined to reject the Messiah for the time being.

We find no evdince anywhere in scripture that after true Repentance Ephraim was now to reject the messiah.....instead we find the opposite like the Samaritan woman. The only scriptual evidence of any house rejecting the Messiah was House of Judah

Where Ephraim sort to sojourn with the gentiles has now been Christiansed and the reverse happens where Gentiles are now to sojourn with Ephraim because of Ephraim who wanted to be mixed with the gentiles in the first place.

The result of the Gospel being sent out to Ephraim scattered amongst the nations was always destined to attract gentile belivers like the Canaanite woman. 

It is because of Gods reconciliation process offered to Both Houses of Ephraim and Judah we can begin to see the salvation plan for all of Humanity.

Edited by inchrist

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

We are then left with the opposite extreme called dispensation theology which teaches more of an Apartheid theology, which being an Afrikaans word meaning  separateness or the state of being apart, segregating groups. 

This is a complete misrepresentation of Dispensational theology, and in fact it is slanderous.

What Dispensationalism does is reject Replacement Theology (which has its roots in Reformed Theology) and provide a proper and BIBLICAL  understanding of the Church and Israel.

1. The Church was a mystery hidden from the OT prophets, and not even known fully to the apostles until Pentecost and shortly thereafter. The Church consists of redeemed Jews and Gentiles in ONE BODY from Pentecost until the Rapture.

2. The eternal home of the Church is New Jerusalem, not the earth.

3. At the same time, all the promises and covenants given to the patriarchs are still valid, and must be fulfilled in a redeemed and restored kingdom of Israel on earth.  The land of Israel will extend from the Nile to the Euphrates.

4. Therefore -- as revealed in the prophecy of Ezekiel -- Israel will be redeemed and restored on earth AFTER the Second Coming of Christ, since God gave an eternal covenant to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). A Temple will also be built in Jerusalem at that time.

So to slap the term "apartheid" on this distinction is to actually attack God's distinct plans for the Church and for Israel.

As to the "two house theology", that is already shown to be false in both Ezekiel and Revelation. Gentiles do not become Israelites.

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

This is a complete misrepresentation of Dispensational theology, and in fact it is slanderous.

What Dispensationalism does is reject Replacement Theology (which has its roots in Reformed Theology) and provide a proper and BIBLICAL  understanding of the Church and Israel.

By going to the complete opposite extreme and promote separatism

Immidiatly red flags....

The Church consists of redeemed Jews and Gentiles in ONE BODY from Pentecost until the Rapture.

Then after the rapture? Back to two bodies again? 

Here is the rest of the verse

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

Part of the promise for the Jews is NEW Jerusalem which you have seperated Israel from by this statement

The eternal home of the Church is New Jerusalem, not the earth.

In other words what you mean to say is New Jerusalem is not for Israel

Edited by inchrist

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

As to the "two house theology", that is already shown to be false in both Ezekiel and Revelation. Gentiles do not become Israelites.

Christ even taught it in the Parable of the prodical Son and in the Parable of the Pharisee and Publican

Amd further you have not read what I said....no where do I claim we become biological Israelites

Edited by inchrist

This is the stigma that people have of two house theology they can not accept that Two House Theology can be biblical without the replacement element that has hi-jacked the doctrine.

That gentiles can not sojourn with the House of Ephraim and the House of Judah

The Lord's nation of ethnic Israel is presented from Genesis to Revelation, past and future

The Lord's "church" operating during His dispensation of grace still ongoing consists of a few of ethnic Israel and mostly Gentiles of the nations on matters of salvation .... no national identity is specific

There are movements with in the professing "church" who claim that the Lord is finished with His national ethnic people of Israel and that their movements have become the "Israel of God" .... this is false and only serves to promote the proprietary gain of the movements

This replacement theology is a ruse 

The prophetic fact is there is in Revelation chapter 12:1, a "woman" clothed in terms Israel-the patriarch understood to mean his family - Genesis 37:9-10.

Aside from this woman, who represents the nation of Israel - from whom Jesus was born - is not the northern 10 Tribes, nor Ephraim, but the whole of the twelve tribes -- are her "offspring" who "hold to the testimony of" (or believe in) Jesus in verse Rev 12:17.

So we do have TWO people: Israel, the whole nation of Jews - and her offspring: Christians set in one verse revealed by Jesus to John.

God will protect a Remnant of the Jews - meaning not just those of Judea, but again, the whole nation.
However, it is open season on Christians, who will die wholesale in the Great Tribulation - but whom God will not allow to be wiped out.

As Ephraim is one of the twelve tribes, equating Ephraim with Christians makes verse 12:17 nonsensical.

This is a rabbit hole which leads to fantasy.
There is no real support for spinning exegesis out of control over a single word and making up a whole theology upon it.
It is no different than trying to equate the Trumpets to Jewish months;
Or trying to maintain a strict Hebrew calendar day-count between Rosh ha-Shannah & Yom Kippur to the Rapture & subsequent Millennium start.

Revelation 12 is all about the whole house of Israel, the Lord, and Satan

The overview is about the past and the future during the coming tribulation which will include the time of Jacob's trouble [the 70th week decreed for Israel]

Satan attempted to kill the Lord in the first century and failed [Revelation 12:5]

Then the vision fast forwards to the time of the end and the time of Jacob's trouble [Jeremiah 30; Zechariah 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; Revelation 12:6-17]

Satan and his fallen angels will be cast out of heaven and these will seek to destroy Israel

When the believing remnant in Israel are protected by the Lord in thei fleeing, the devil will then pursue those who are still residing in the nations at the time

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

In other words what you mean to say is New Jerusalem is not for Israel

As I already pointed out the Church is redeemed Jews AND Gentiles in one Body (where there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile), which corresponds to the verse quoted. And the New Jerusalem is for the Church.

That has no bearing on redeemed and restored Israel AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. The nation (kingdom) of Israel is a separate entity.  Please note carefully (Acts 1:6,7):

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

That Christ mentioned "the times and the seasons" confirms that the time for the Church and the time for the kingdom of Israel would be different.  This also confirms that there will be a future RESTORED kingdom of Israel on earth.  That is what the apostles had in mind.

"This also confirms that there will be a future RESTORED kingdom of Israel on earth.  That is what the apostles had in mind."

This is correct [Micah 4:1-3; 5]