trulyfulfilled

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am guilty of the same failures/mistakes in the scriptures below.  Will God forgive me?  The scriptures seem to leave a sense of condemnation, finality and doom.  Please help me.

Luke 9:57-62New King James Version (NKJV)

The Cost of Discipleship

57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”

58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.”

But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”

61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”

62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Mark 10:17-27New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’”[a]

20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Trulyfilled and welcome.

We were all guilty of these sins in one way or another, some of us, me included guilty of even more serious sins. The Word, who was God and who was with God in the beginning, John 1:1, became flesh, John 1:14, and died for us so that we can be reconciled to the Father after repentance.

You are so important to God that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die in your stead. All you need do is repent in Jesus Holy Name and you are saved.

Jesus said,  John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You have been drawn by the Father to Jesus. John 5:24, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Repent of your sins, believe in Jesus and in Him, the Father who sent Him, and you will be saved and have eternal life with Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Trulyfulfilled the first passage is not about forgiveness but having the ability to enter into the kingdom of heaven. When we are distracted by all the things in life that draw us away from our relationship with God, we are unable to recognize Him at work in the world....we are unable to "see his kingdom" and as such cannot enter into it. The kingdom of heaven is something that every follower of Jesus can recognize and be a part of right now in this life.

In regards to forgiveness the bible tells us that Jesus died for our sins"once for all"

Heb_7:27  He has no need to offer sacrifices every day like high priests do, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he sacrificed himself. 
Heb_9:12  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he went into the Most Holy Place once for all and secured our eternal redemption. 
Heb_9:26  Then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the creation of the world. But now, at the end of the ages, he has appeared once for all to remove sin by his sacrifice. 

1Pe_3:18  For the Messiah also suffered for sins once for all, an innocent person for the guilty, so that he could bring you to God. He was put to death in a mortal body but was brought to life by the Spirit, 

Jesus died once.....for all men- past present and future, once.....for all sin- past present and future

He died once for all. Sinning again, and again, and again ....He's got you covered. Although, I believe, you are looking for a lot of grief if you abuse that.

Don't worry if God will forgive you....He already has...all you have to do is accept that Jesus died for your sins, repent of them (turn from doing those things).  When you accept Christ and look to him as a Lord that will guide you The Holy Spirit of God will then dwell in you and help you with that.

Read Romans 10:9 and on

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

5 hours ago, trulyfulfilled said:

I am guilty of the same failures/mistakes in the scriptures below.  Will God forgive me?  The scriptures seem to leave a sense of condemnation, finality and doom.  Please help me.

Luke 9:57-62New King James Version (NKJV)

The Cost of Discipleship

57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”

58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.”

But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”

61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”

62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Mark 10:17-27New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’”[a]

20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Those are just some of the things that keep us from entering into a complete relationship with God. They are lessons that enable us to contemplate our status before God. All of which are forgivable. God is showing us these things about ourselves, that we might changed, to turn from what separates us from God, so we can return to him. Each is an opportunity.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

I'm sure everybody here is guilty of being selfish and not understanding sometimes. I don't see any major sin mentioned in those verses. I think that the devil is working overtime on you. The Bible says
in Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What you are feeing is just the fleshly nature we still have because we're mortal. Satan will try to make us feel bad for anything we've done and lie to us when we haven't done anything. And yes God can and will forgive you for any sin because Jesus already took the penalty for them.

Your nickname and question are a little confusing. Are you a Christian? Do you have Jesus in your heart and life? If not that would be the place to start.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I"m not sure what you think your guilty of.  

If you are not a believer, you all you need to do is ask for the forgiveness of God.  Ask Jesus into your heart, make Him the Lord and Savior of your life.  God will accept you and will be a part of His family.  

Welcome to Worthy and ask as many questions as you wish, we will do our best to answer them.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Read 1 John 1: 9-10 that is your answer and yes you can be forgiven if you desire not to do thiose things

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings truly

WElcome to Worthy,glad you are here-Praise Jesus!

Your nickname and question are a little confusing. Are you a Christian? Do you have Jesus in your heart and life? If not that would be the place to start.

Sing40King

Yes indeed,that is the place to start.....the Seekers Lounge is the Place where unbelievers & guest can ask us questions regarding our Faith,so you can see why we would think you are not a Christian......

Jesus did what He did because He Loves YOU,He came to this earth as a man to live,suffer,die & rise again in 3 days already knowing exactly who you are,what you have done,are doing & will do.....& He does see your heart,He is the ONLY one that knows if you want to be Forgiven because He is GOD...

King James Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Do those Words sound like condemnation? Our Loving Father took our place on the Cross in the person of Jesus(God the Son)......while we were YET IN SIN......do you wash all your dirty filthy laundry BEFORE you take them to the cleaners? Yes,my friend,God Forgives who asks His Forgiveness with a sincere, earnest & repentant heart

To God be the Glory!!!!                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

15 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m not sure what you think your guilty of.  

If you are not a believer, you all you need to do is ask for the forgiveness of God.  Ask Jesus into your heart, make Him the Lord and Savior of your life.  God will accept you and will be a part of His family.  

Welcome to Worthy and ask as many questions as you wish, we will do our best to answer them.

Jesus rejected those would-be disciples for not responding immediately and fully committed.  I did the same.  I worry it's too late to ask forgiveness, ask Jesus into my heart, and make Him the Lord and Savior of my life.  Have I lost my opportunity to be forgiven, be saved, and have a relationship with God?  I can't find peace at all.