• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Until an actual high level enough to get world wide attention whistleblower comes out from NASA, mute point.

Or President decides to quietly dismantle program so it isn't relevant that public is informed.

For a Christian, it just clarifies certain Bible paradigms....so doesn't hurt 'to hear about the debate' raging now on -line.

Not a moot point. Scientific fact. Don't need mass to confirm. Like I said....if you want a soapbox debate I'm up for it any time. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Not a moot point. Scientific fact. Don't need mass to confirm. Like I said....if you want a soapbox debate I'm up for it any time. 

I began another topic about this, because I do find it interesting.  Would you mind replying there to give some insight.  I know I have a few questions I would like to ask those that believe in a flat earth.  I would also like to see what responses come from those like yourself that don't ascribe to that belief. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  288

The bible is never wrong nor dioes it have errors, only wrong interpretation or lack of knowledge of the scriptures

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God's Word is inspired and without error, our interpretation is not.

Good.  

Now consider: ".... Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,..."

When HE opened their understanding,  did HE ever , even once, do it wrong ?  (Has the GOOD SHEPHERD EVER, even once, misled HIS SHEEP ? )

31 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Seems to me your mixing two categories...inspiration and interpretation.

God's Word is inspired and without error, our interpretation is not.

This actually does not answer what I asked at all.  

The Bible records from eye for an "eye tooth for a tooth".  These words according to some are God's direct words.  Yet Jesus says you have heard it said "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say. 

How do we reconcile this?  Especially in light of what you are saying.  It our interpretation that is not without error.  How do you interpret an eye for an eye? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

This actually does not answer what I asked at all.  

The Bible records from eye for an "eye tooth for a tooth".  These words according to some are God's direct words.  Yet Jesus says you have heard it said "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth but I say. 

How do we reconcile this?  Especially in light of what you are saying.  It our interpretation that is not without error.  How do you interpret an eye for an eye?

If you took the time to to read Exodus 21, where God is giving Moses the absolute first instructions of the law, you would see that God meant for "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" to mean putting boundaries on the measure of justice that a judge should hand down.  Restitution given by a judge, not revenge or retaliation inflicted by the victim who is full of wrath.  Think of it like this - "no cruel or unusual punishment."

Exodus 21:22-25 -“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm,then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

By the time that Christ comes along, that law had been turned into vengeance upon your enemies - no judges - just personal vengeance.

All that they were being taught was that one cherry-picked little phrase from  the entire command.  Much like some Christians today cherry-pick one little verse and turn it into a false doctrine.  The teachers of the law turned God's command into something he never intended.

That why Jesus explained it in terms of one human being relating to another - that's how they has twisted it.

That's why he said in Matthew 5:38-42, "You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.”

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

If you took the time to to read Exodus 21, where God is giving Moses the absolute first instructions of the law, you would see that God meant for "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" to mean putting boundaries on the measure of justice that a judge should hand down.  Restitution given by a judge, not revenge or retaliation inflicted by the victim who is full of wrath.  Think of it like this - "no cruel or unusual punishment."

Exodus 21:22-25 -“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm,then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

By the time that Christ comes along, that law had been turned into vengeance upon your enemies - no judges - just personal vengeance.

All that they were being taught was that one cherry-picked little phrase from  the entire command.  Much like some Christians today cherry-pick one little verse and turn it into a false doctrine.  The teachers of the law turned God's command into something he never intended.

That why Jesus explained it in terms of one human being relating to another - that's how they has twisted it.

That's why he said in Matthew 5:38-42, "You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.”

How do you only underline "as the judges determine" when it also states "as the woman's husband shall impose on him"?  

3 hours ago, ruck1b said:

How do you only underline "as the judges determine" when it also states "as the woman's husband shall impose on him"?  

Because it said the husband could order a fine, but the judge determined the payment.

Either way, there is no doubt that the word of God is the word of God here.  There are no inconsistencies with what God said and what Jesus said.

8 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Because it said the husband could order a fine, but the judge determined the payment.

Either way, there is no doubt that the word of God is the word of God here.  There are no inconsistencies with what God said and what Jesus said.

It says AND not BUT. 

11 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

It says AND not BUT. 

Alright, the husband issued a fine AND the judge determined the payment.  No cruel and unusual punishment.  The judge was final measure of how the fine was to be imposed.

Look, I've read enough of your posts to understand what your agenda here is.  You just aren't going to convince anyone that God's word is not God's word.